Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 8:54:58 AM EDT
So I'm looking around for moon clips to use for both the 45 LC and 45 acp. So far I have seen a few sits with moon clips costing $80 for 10 and other costing $20 for 10.

So looking for advice will I be good with the $20 factory kind or should I suck it up and spend the $80? Any advice would be great!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience with Ruger but for S&W

Speed Beez
Ranch Products

And you also want a nice mooner / demooner.  My preference is to a tube type that will hold 6 spent rounds.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Ranch Products .com
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Ruger for 45ACP. Great because no special load/unload tool required. You don’t use moonclips for the 45LC.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I've purchased Moon clips from TK Custom some are like $80 for 10 (and lower) but I have found them made very well.
They have a large selection for many revolvers.

http://tkcustom.com
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you have to have anything special done to your revolver to use moon clip? One company I contacted asked if my weapon been cut for a moon clip.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 625 and well over 100 moon clips. The beauty of the big ol fat 45 is most any moon clip I've ever found work. I do not like the plastic ones but I guess they are OK for the range.

Revolver Supply https://www.revolversupply.com/ will sell you fully functional moon clips for that gun at a reasonable price. The TK's are overkill for 45. If you ever get 38/357 moon clips, you need to pick a brand of brass to stick to then get the TK's that fit.

Get a mooning tool and make your own demooner from an old golf club.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have to have anything special done to your revolver to use moon clip? One company I contacted asked if my weapon been cut for a moon clip.
View Quote

The cylinder has to be recessed to allow for the thickness of the moon clips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top