Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2024 8:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee]
I am a serious Glock fanboy, unapologetic. I have carried a G19.3 for years.  The 19 is also my primary competition and training gun.  I'm a believer in a lot of practice/training.

BUT, G19 with a light is a bit to carry, I can do it, have for years, but I consider options.  A few years ago, when it first came out, I tried a 43, went through the paces with it, couple thousand rounds of practice.  I decided that 6/8 rounds isn't enough.  IIRC the 43 was the last of the "micro 9s" and then we started seeing 9s that push G19 capacity but are noticeable  smaller.  I've been thinking 43X for a while but haven't acted on it.  My dad got a P365XL, he was not as serious as me with shooting, maybe had 500 rounds through it.

Anyway the P365 is now mine and I'm gonna try a new gun.  I know there are some problems with the first run of them and I don't know if what I have is first gen.  This has a rubber grip addition to it that makes it fit my hand a good bit better.

I did some dry fire with it a few days ago and took it to the range today.  I put 300 rounds through it doing simple CCW exercises.  200 WWB, 50 Blazer Brass, 50 rounds IWI JHP and 25 rounds of Hornady 134g +P critical duty.  The only hiccup came when I didn't seat that mag well enough.  I am not particularly happy with my accuracy with it.  If I slow fire I can put a mag into a fist sized group (21ft) no issue, but from the draw and shot to shot recovery sucks.  I know that I'm spoiled having used the same gun for so long.  Carried it through a few errands and it is very nice there.  Pop had a cheap holster, but it's working good for now.

Pics in a sec
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]

So your father gave you his XL or his old P365?  
Serious question. I have the X and XL.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn’t recommend an Mcarbo spring kit.  Had one in my XL, 10% light primer hits.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:08:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Finn2014:

So your father gave you his XL or his old P365?  
Serious question. I have the X and XL.
View Quote
I inherited his 365XL

There was only supposed to be one Sig in the OP. I can see where it's confusing.

The pic was my dads, now it's mine
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DVCER:
I wouldn't recommend an Mcarbo spring kit.  Had one in my XL, 10% light primer hits.
View Quote
I don't dick with pistol triggers, but thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Sig mags will rust something that surprises Glock guys. More maintenance is required.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
Sig mags will rust something that surprises Glock guys. More maintenance is required.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up.

Especially with the price.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Order the MagGuts springs for it.

It will transform the factory 12 round mags to 14 rounds.

I’m super happy with them in my XL. 14 + 1 is more better.

MagGuts Sig 365XL
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I just did this journey myself...  I started out with a P365X I wanted a XL but the X was just to good of a deal to pass up.  To be honest I wanted a X Macro Comp but...
Now my X is kind of my own interpretation of the Macro.  I just recently acquired a XL with RomeoX sight.  I really like the setups.  Most of all I really like the ability to have a 17rd mag available like I did with my G19/17.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]
With the XL, you certainly have several options when it comes to accessories and modifications. Recently, I installed a RMRcc and taller sights on one of my XLs. The other XL is one (Z365XL Octane Gunmod) from ZEV Technologies with only a HOLOSUN optic and Wilson Combat grip module installed. The P365 models are fantastic pistols and versatile. If you decide that you really like the XL, look into maybe getting the P365 AXG LEGION.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like the P365 format in that you can change around so many things. The downside is the cost of all the parts. I was fortunate to find a Macro Comp slide and barrel on the cheap and am now building the rest of it, piece by piece. I don't know why Sig's manufacturer of the mags went cheap on the finish though, as the other mags in the P22- series are great for finish wear/resistance.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Soconmtneer:
Order the MagGuts springs for it.

It will transform the factory 12 round mags to 14 rounds.

I’m super happy with them in my XL. 14 + 1 is more better.

MagGuts Sig 365XL
View Quote

Are those reliable enough for carry?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:16:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
I am not particularly happy with my accuracy with it.  If I slow fire I can put a mag into a fist sized group (21ft) no issue, but from the draw and shot to shot recovery sucks.  I know that I'm spoiled having used the same gun for so long.
View Quote

As you know, there will be some learning curves when it comes draws from concealment and engagement proficiency; just needs some more drill-time.

As to distance, the smaller sight radius will make it more difficult, for a smaller CCW, optics are your solution:

Attachment Attached File

Now, that said, I like the standard P365, but really need the 12 round mag extensions for a more secure grip when doing speed drills. I found the P365X variant is optimum for me.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:39:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#14]
2nd range day

200 rounds WWB

1st drill- two round stroke drill (2 shots n a 3*5 card from the draw at 6 yards) taking it slow. 48 rounds total Attachment Attached File

2 misses

2nd drill- right hand left hand only 5 rounds each, twice each hand Attachment Attached File

2misses one with each hand

3rd drill- repeat #1

Attachment Attached File

4 misses

Drill #5 14 yards slow fire
Attachment Attached File

Looks like two misses out of 15 round mag and 1 out of 17

Drill #4 and #6 (I came back to it after #5) Mozambique 2*12 round each iteration.
Attachment Attached File

2 +1s from the head shots
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Wilson combat grip module, it will help it stay in place in your hand and does fill the hand better.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
Wilson combat grip module, it will help it stay in place in your hand and does fill the hand better.
View Quote

Please educate me on this.

I really notice shooters fatigue while using this gun.  Especially when shooting plus Ps.  I'm gonna investigate a lot more, but my background on the 365 is pretty limited.  I was thinking about taking the rubber grip swell off today, but that is making this gun a lot better for me (supposition as I haven't tried it without, but I have average man hands and have lots of problems with (now my wife's) G48.

I also have a spare slide for this.  It has an odd finish and has an X carved into the top.  Eventually I'll have to get/build another one.

What part of this "is the gun?" legally.  Looking at the Wilson Combat page, they seem like the serialed part.  (Grip module?)

I also need more mags and haven't found them.

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Put a can on it.....

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered a Vedder and mag pouch to go with it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#19]

I really notice shooters fatigue while using this gun.  Especially when shooting plus Ps.  I'm gonna investigate a lot more, but my background on the 365 is pretty limited.  I was thinking about taking the rubber grip swell off today, but that is making this gun a lot better for me (supposition as I haven't tried it without, but I have average man hands and have lots of problems with (now my wife's) G48.

I also have a spare slide for this.  It has an odd finish and has an X carved into the top.  Eventually I'll have to get/build another one.

What part of this "is the gun?" legally.  Looking at the Wilson Combat page, they seem like the serialed part.  (Grip module?)

View Quote

The fire control group is the legal part.

Take out FCG every other cleaning and give it a good wipe down.

The sig macro grip is really nice
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I recently switched to Wilson Combat grips on my p365 (note: short slide, short grip). IME they are just a tad girthier and have more aggressive texture in certain spots. I immediately noticed my ability to control it during followup shots improved. I imagine the rubber grip sleeve does something similar for you though, so it might not be worth it.

Also, like someone else already said, the serialized part is the FCU - i.e. the metal part that houses the trigger assembly and with the rails the slide rides on. It detaches pretty easily from the grip, which is legally just a hunk of plastic.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:52:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I’d ditch the factory grip with that rubber sleeve and pick up a WC module for it. It completely changes how the P365 feels in your hand. It has a palm swell that fills out your grip better. It feels like a really slim double stack now instead of a skinny single stack if that makes sense. Also the magwell on the WC is flared and beveled which speeds up mag changes. The factory module has a tight magwell and when I bought my 365 Macro I ended up installing a magwell to help with reloads. The WC module gets rid of the need for an extended magwell which was a bonus for me. I have three P365s, a Micro, XL and a Macro Comp. Of the three my Macro Comp is my favorite. It has the capacity of a full size combat pistol but conceals like a compact single stack. The expansion chamber comp works well to flatten out muzzle rise and doesn’t impact accuracy or reliability like you can sometimes see with threaded comps. I’m using Springer Precision +3 extension with Tac Dec plus power springs in my extra mags. This set up gives me 20 rounds on a reload and since switching to the Tac Dev springs, they have been 100% reliable and have locked back on empty 100% of the time. This is something I wasn’t getting with the SP springs.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

The original Macro module prior to the WC module, you can see how tight the magwell is, even with an extension.
Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top