Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2024 1:19:38 AM EDT
I am looking to get my first optic cut from Jagerwerks. I want to do a lower 1/3 cowitness on the new Trijicon RMR HD. I have three questions:

1) What size Ameriglo’s would make it a lower 1/3 cowitness and are there any recommendations?
2) What are your thoughts on having all black sights as opposed to a tritium front post?
3) What are your thoughts about having the rear sights in front of the optic instead of behind?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:52:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#1]
I have both, tritium front/white ring with blacked out rear and blacked out front/rear on guns, I have no issues with either setup personally. Some feel that a tritium dot in addition to the red dot gets confusing/clutters up the sight picture.

I went with Battlewerks for my cut, irons height choices were as easy as choosing the preferred height/color combo in the menu.

My rear irons are behind optics, just my personal preference.

I have both lower 1/3 and 1/4 height, I much prefer 1/4.

I am not sure at what depth that Jagerwerks cuts their slides to, but that depth will have an impact on sight height.

ETA LINK:

https://jagerwerks.com/trijicon-rmr-sro-iron-sights-for-glock/

This should give some insight to irons choice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#2]
General thoughts.

I would prefer all black sights if I were using a dot optic. That's just because I know my brain gets cluttered pretty easily

I really love the idea of rear sight in front of the optic.  Once again, brain clutter, I agree with the sage dynamics guy about the first thing your eyes seeing are the optic instead of the rear sight, looking through the rear sight to see the object, etc.  

Plus there's the thought process of the rear sight help me to protect the front of an optic either against brass deflection or if you press your gun against something to cycle the slide.  Modern optics are pretty tough, but why put wear and tear on something if you don't have to?  

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:08:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hamm824] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

I have both lower 1/3 and 1/4 height, I much prefer 1/4
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, why 1/4 over 1/3? Does the 1/4 work just fine in the event you need to train with the backups and it keeps a cleaner sight picture?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DavidY:
General thoughts.

I would prefer all black sights if I were using a dot optic. That's just because I know my brain gets cluttered pretty easily

I really love the idea of rear sight in front of the optic.  Once again, brain clutter, I agree with the sage dynamics guy about the first thing your eyes seeing are the optic instead of the rear sight, looking through the rear sight to see the object, etc.  

Plus there's the thought process of the rear sight help me to protect the front of an optic either against brass deflection or if you press your gun against something to cycle the slide.  Modern optics are pretty tough, but why put wear and tear on something if you don't have to?  

View Quote

With your setup with the irons in front of the optic, do you have lower 1/3 or 1/4?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Hamm824:

Just out of curiosity, why 1/4 over 1/3? Does the 1/4 work just fine in the event you need to train with the backups and it keeps a cleaner sight picture?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not something that I set out to do, just nature of the beast. Glock MOS system with adapter plate vs direct milled slide.

The irons are very usable still and I much prefer the sight picture, especially with an RMR.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Not something that I set out to do, just nature of the beast. Glock MOS system with adapter plate vs direct milled slide.

The irons are very usable still and I much prefer the sight picture, especially with an RMR.
View All Quotes

I think you have convinced me to do lower 1/4th cowitness through Battlewerks so it’s easier. I’ll do the all black sights with the rear sight behind the optic and if I decide to try out the tritium I can always change out the front post later. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]

I think you have convinced me to do lower 1/4th cowitness through Battlewerks so it’s easier. I’ll do the all black sights with the rear sight behind the optic and if I decide to try out the tritium I can always change out the front post later. Thanks!
View All Quotes

BW does excellent work.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Don’t think you can do the iron in front with the rmrHD.
Rmr yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top