Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2020 9:57:22 PM EDT
I am torn between the JM Custom Wing 2.0 and the Tier 1 Axis Elite for my new M&P compact. I have read good things about the JM holster but am worried about the comfort of the high tide mag pouch. I like the idea of the combo unit from Tier 1 but that is a lot of mass right in my stomach. I am 6’ and weigh around 190. I would really appreciate any feedback about these two as they are both quite expensive and I would like to try to get it right the first time.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with the Tier one option you mention, however I recently placed a significant order with JM.

I've tried a few AIWB options and have been left unimpressed. I recently tried a friends JM AIWB 2.0 with claw (and p30) and was thoroughly impressed. The first thing I tried was bending over to tie my shoe, no problems there. Proceeded to do a few body weight deep squats, no problems there. The owner of the p30 and holster had just driven 4-5 hrs, he had no complaints to report. I was quite impressed, given that I've had competitors glock 43 AIWB holsters prove quite uncomfortable with even simple tasks. The standard height angled mag carrier seemed like it would have been very uncomfortable/awkward, however it was quite comfortable and concealed well. I've got one of each coming for a 19 and 43. Can't speak to the higher carry option.  Other company may be gtg as well, but JM is getting some of my monies.

* edited to add, if you decide to order from JM, read the whole faq, you will be rewarded near the bottom for your efforts
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By david_the_greek:
No experience with the Tier one option you mention, however I recently placed a significant order with JM. 

I've tried a few AIWB options and have been left unimpressed. I recently tried a friends JM AIWB 2.0 with claw (and p30) and was thoroughly impressed. The first thing I tried was bending over to tie my shoe, no problems there. Proceeded to do a few body weight deep squats, no problems there. The owner of the p30 and holster had just driven 4-5 hrs, he had no complaints to report. I was quite impressed, given that I've had competitors glock 43 AIWB holsters prove quite uncomfortable with even simple tasks. The standard height angled mag carrier seemed like it would have been very uncomfortable/awkward, however it was quite comfortable and concealed well. I've got one of each coming for a 19 and 43. Can't speak to the higher carry option.  Other company may be gtg as well, but JM is getting some of my monies.

* edited to add, if you decide to order from JM, read the whole faq, you will be rewarded near the bottom for your efforts 
View Quote

I was on the fence on these 2, and a couple of others and have read through all of that, and I forgot to follow those instructions when I ordered!

OP, I am bigger than you but similar body type, 6'2" 235, ballistic belly all in front. Reading reviews like this ^^ a LOT, so I took the dive into JMCK. Ordered the other day, so I wont see it for a week or so (quick ship item) but really excited to get it and try it out! Other tries have not been good for me, but I do feel confident in this one working better.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have not tried Tier 1 specifically but I heartily dislike the massive combo holster/mag pouches. JM Custom is where I gets my holsters.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I have owned both in the past.

I ended up selling off my Tier 1 and keeping my JM.

They also have the best AIWB mag pouch on the market.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve never tried a Tier 1 so I cannot speak to those. I have placed several orders with JMCK and they are my go to for all occasions. Easily the most comfortable holsters I’ve ever used. I can not recommend them more.

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Long time JM guy, but tried the Tier 1. Sold the Tier 1 and never looked back. Combo no bueno.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to own an Axis slim for a G19 - it was not a bad holster.  The fit and finish was fine, and it did exactly what I wanted it to.  I ended up selling it because I realized that it was just a LOT of material to be carrying. Almost felt like carrying a fannypack inside the pants.  Just not for me.

On JM custom though - I think Tony's holsters are awesome.  I've got 2, one of which carries my P10c daily, and I just ordered another AIWB2.5 to accomodate a TLR7. His service is great, I noticed that he had the TLR7 for other guns, but only the TLR8 for the P10c.  I emailed Tony and he told me they'd order the mold to accommodate  the order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top