Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2024 8:54:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nawu]
I bought an agency arms 43x used it came with a dual comp and no thread protector so i am hoping to make this work. After two range sessions it has issues feeding, especially with hollowpoints. I am using oem mags and psa micro mags, more issues with the oem. Previous owner does not know what weight the recoil spring is but shot 80ish rounds fine with 115gr. I ran 124 federal hst and federal 124 gr fmj. The recoil impulse is pretty heavy and i feel like it is cycling fast. My theory is it has a heavier spring to run 115s and it is cycling fast and causing the feeding issues. Hoping someone else can provide some insight, i havent used compa previously. I think my next step is trying a stock spring and if that fails, getting a new barrel and losing the comp. Appreciate any insights!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:34:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sparky315] [#1]
Yes, try a factory recoil spring first, especially since you don't know what's in there now.  I put a PMM comp on my 43X and played with spring weights- extra power made it choke, factory ran fine after a break-in period.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top