Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 5:21:28 PM EDT
Couldn't find a straight answer using my google-fu so I seek answers...of course at an AR15 website were Glock experts roam.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless I've Hit my head too many times, I believe all NFML magazines are considered pre ban. I assume you're looking to use these in, or sell these to someone in Massachusetts?  I think that's the only state that still has a law that allows these to be used when someone wouldn't use a new production magazine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:25:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#2]
Yes, any Glock mag with the U-notch at the top of the back spine is a preban magazine. They transitioned to the square notch before the 1994 ban.

The preban, square notched, fully metal lined mags were in high demand because they were “drop free” when fully loaded. I never really understood the urgent need that some people felt to have a fully loaded magazine drop free. Once fired empty, both styles of magazine dropped free the same way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Word of caution, on the rear of the magazine, where you see the plastic scallops from the mold line. That is where the magazine will eventually crack. Do not recommend using these magazines, unless you’re trapped behind in the lines.

18Z50
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, it’s pre-ban. A 17 round G17 magazine like that with a +2 extension? Easily get $50 for it in the EE.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 18B30:

Word of caution, on the rear of the magazine, where you see the plastic scallops from the mold line. That is where the magazine will eventually crack. Do not recommend using these magazines, unless you’re trapped behind in the lines.

18Z50
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up.  In a free state at the moment so i won't be using these.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all!  I knew I should've asked here before using google
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
Yes, any Glock mag with the U-notch at the top of the back spine is a preban magazine. They transitioned to the square notch before the 1994 ban.

The preban, square notched, fully metal lined mags were in high demand because they were “drop free” when fully loaded. I never really understood the urgent need that some people felt to have a fully loaded magazine drop free. Once fired empty, both styles of magazine dropped free the same way.
View Quote

I had a few NFML G17 & G22 magazines that would drop free loaded or empty.  That's why I always tried to use FML and NFML vs DF and NDF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top