Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/30/2019 4:55:01 PM EDT
I haven’t seen any new 9s or 40s in a long time.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep just have to look.
USP Full Size
USP Tacticals
USP Compacts
USP Elite

The problem is they are expensive and do not retain their value well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
They bring pistols in, in batches. Be patient. Sign up for an in stock alert where you can.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's right, nobody wants to pay over 500 for a used USP, unless they're an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not wrong. Unless you have an elite, the resale is gonna be around 550, maybe a hair more for a tactical. Doesn't help that the market is saturated with 40/45 pd trade ins.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He's not wrong. Unless you have an elite, the resale is gonna be around 550, maybe a hair more for a tactical. Doesn't help that the market is saturated with 40/45 pd trade ins.
View Quote
I agree with you on the .40S&W glut from LE dumping them. Not quite sure there's a glut on the .45acp market as not many departments carry them.

Nothing wrong with $550 on a used USP as current retail is around $650ish these days.

But to say a USP doesn't hold value is just................. silly, IMO. I've been working gun shows for various FFL's for over 30 years now, so I have a bit of feel for where the market flows & ebbs, IMO.

The USP is still THE best gun on the market that's priced under $1000. Nothing else beats it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
not sure what's funny.  He is right.  Used USP's are selling for $350-400 and new they are damn near $800
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

not sure what's funny.  He is right.  Used USP's are selling for $350-400 and new they are damn near $800
View Quote
That is literally only the .40 S&Ws. 9mm and .45 are still generally over $600 unless they are well used.

I would love to find a sub $500 .45 full size USP.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I agree with you on the .40S&W glut from LE dumping them. Not quite sure there's a glut on the .45acp market as not many departments carry them.

Nothing wrong with $550 on a used USP as current retail is around $650ish these days.

But to say a USP doesn't hold value is just................. silly, IMO. I've been working gun shows for various FFL's for over 30 years now, so I have a bit of feel for where the market flows & ebbs, IMO.

The USP is still THE best gun on the market that's priced under $1000. Nothing else beats it.
View Quote
Eh, that’s opinion based. I’d say glock beats it seeing as they are 500-600 and have fantastic reliability, magazines aren’t $60+.
Don’t get me wrong, USP is still an awesome pistol. However, like sig 226’s, M9’s, (all guns i love) are outdated.

Retail $650 new?!?! Idk where you’re at but the gun store I work part time is getting dealer prices for 650 from distributors for a USP. We are a major HK dealer. Maybe at gun shows when they are trying to blow out their inventory and not trying to make any money.

We have a hard time trying to sell used USP’s. Especially in .40. In fact we can’t sell any pistol on .40. We don’t even take them on trades. Haven’t sold a .40 in months.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Eh, that’s opinion based. I’d say glock beats it seeing as they are 500-600 and have fantastic reliability, magazines aren’t $60+.
Don’t get me wrong, USP is still an awesome pistol. However, like sig 226’s, M9’s, (all guns i love) are outdated.

Retail $650 new?!?! Idk where you’re at but the gun store I work part time is getting dealer prices for 650 from distributors for a USP. We are a major HK dealer. Maybe at gun shows when they are trying to blow out their inventory and not trying to make any money.

We have a hard time trying to sell used USP’s. Especially in .40. In fact we can’t sell any pistol on .40. We don’t even take them on trades. Haven’t sold a .40 in months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

agree. they are $830-900 new, regardless of caliber or full/compact size, yet can't even recoup 2/3 of that used. anybody looking for a 45 should keep an eye on sportsmans guide, summit gun brokre, and kings firearms, they get a lot of trade ins and there have been usp45s's going for $420-499 within the past year. i'll be getting one for that price the next time the sale comes around

to make it worse for hk, lots of dealers online are blowing out p30's for less than $500 LOL. that's a slap in the face to everyone who bought them for $800+ new. i considered getting one but they are just too big for how few rounds they hold. sig (muh spicy vindaloo curry mim) is coming out with that 15 rounder for the p365. a better ratio of rounds per weapon size is where the market is going, hk should get on board.

*disclaimer - i have owned the whole USP line in 9/40/45 aside from the elites. glad i bought everything except my uspc9 used because resale sucked. my first handgun was a usp40f with 5 mags, holster, and 200 rounds of ammo for $500, 13 years ago. i still think the usp45 is better than any 45 out there and only the glock 21 comes close.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That is literally only the .40 S&Ws. 9mm and .45 are still generally over $600 unless they are well used.

View Quote
one of the usual Internet retailers had some not long ago for $389 per
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I would agree with that. Granted, I don't see them at $650 all the time, which I should have mentioned.

We might sell one .40 per gun show. Sometimes a Sig, sometimes a Walther, sometimes a FN (discounted heavily). Can't give them away.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I would buy another USPc, and likely a full size, tomorrow at full price if they would update them to have a 1913 rail....buuuuuut that will never happen.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:19:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would buy another USPc, and likely a full size, tomorrow at full price if they would update them to have a 1913 rail....buuuuuut that will never happen.
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where are you guys finding USP 45 Tacs for around $600? For a good condition one i'm still seeing them go for 8-950.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Where are you guys finding USP 45 Tacs for around $600? For a good condition one i'm still seeing them go for 8-950.
View Quote
Yea the Tac models aren’t gonna be $600. Talking about standard ones.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed.  The 40s do not retain their value at all.  Hell, a year ago Bud's Gun Shop had a .40 Tactical for $750.  The 9 and 45 variants hold their value better.  Used they go around $600 for the standards.  The only ones that don't really drop too much in value from New-Used are the Elite, Expert, and Tactical.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Agreed.  The 40s do not retain their value at all.  Hell, a year ago Bud's Gun Shop had a .40 Tactical for $750.  The 9 and 45 variants hold their value better.  Used they go around $600 for the standards.  The only ones that don't really drop too much in value from New-Used are the Elite, Expert, and Tactical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw a used USP 40 last week at a gun shop for $299.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd buy that just on principle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same... I have no need for it but I wants it, at that price....
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I just looked at a mint USP Com 40 , night sights 3 mags and box  for 639 LEM trigger.I almost bought it .
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I got my USP .40 for $400. Came with box, manual, lock, tool and 3 mags. Made in 2002.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Was told by a local FFL (who likes H&K, FWIW) that they're not shipping any to the US until Dec. Not sure if it's not being produced or they're committed to another market or what.

Same FFL also just got in an Elite & Expert, neither of which I bought.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Was told by a local FFL (who likes H&K, FWIW) that they're not shipping any to the US until Dec. Not sure if it's not being produced or they're committed to another market or what.

View Quote
Experts in .45 are everywhere right now.  They must have done a run recently since those are typically rare and only come in occasionally in batches.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Experts in .45 are everywhere right now.  They must have done a run recently since those are typically rare and only come in occasionally in batches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Saw one today in a local shop. Price was $999.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yep just have to look.
USP Full Size
USP Tacticals
USP Compacts
USP Elite

View Quote
Every .40 duty gun in America is selling at half retail.  Whether is it is a G22 or a USP 40.  Not a HK specific issue.

I will buy USP Tacticals and Elites for $500 all day long.  In train quantity if possible.  You gotta remember the apples to apples thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I absolutely love my USP 40, jet funnel with 16 round mags, most accurate pistol I own.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I just bought  from Buds a USP45 Expert for $877.00 .
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don’t understand how a USP is outdated compared to a Glock that is 20 years older?

Sad that 40 isn’t selling. People aren’t eating as much beef either.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The GLOCK for the most part is current due to generational upgrades. The USP is still stuck in 1994 with the proprietary rail. HK has done generational upgrades in the manner of literally releasing new pistols. The P2000, P30, and HK45 are all evolutionary upgrades of the USP line. The difference is. They aren't simply generational revisions. They're completely new guns with different parts, holsters, etc.... for the most part. A Gen 1 to Gen 3 GLOCK is the same gun internally. Same with a Gen 4 and Gen 5. They all fit in the same holster, use the same mags, etc....

And all while the USP is still made exactly the same way as it was in the mid 90s. If they at least upgraded the frame with a kore modern designed universal accessory rail. It would be fine. But they haven't and you still need to get a damn adapter.
View Quote
Love em or hate em, Glocks business model is probably the smartest out of all of the companies. They spent the bulk of their engineering and R&D 30+ years ago so that's paid for itself a long time ago. Small upgrades to the same platform using, for the most part, the same parts streamlines manufacturing and means they don't have to come up with completely new production lines. Just tweak what you got and drive on.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#33]
This thread cracks me up.

USP’s don’t hold their value? Yeah 40’s take a hit because nobody wants anything 40 anymore, 45’s drop a little but not as bad. 9mm variants though you can get retail and sometimes even more for them like right now when they’re out of stock everywhere because the last batches have sold out. That doesn’t mean their still aren’t deals to be had on 9’s, you just have to act quick and constantly be looking.

Outdated? How so? ERMAGHERD THEY DON’T HAVE A PIC RAIL!!!!! It’s called a GG&G adaptor.

Literally the only legitimate argument against USP’s that I can see is the lack the capacity of some other similar size pistols. It’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This thread cracks me up.
Outdated? How so? ERMAGHERD THEY DON'T HAVE A PIC RAIL!!!!! It's called a GG&G adaptor.
View Quote
While I agree with you on the capacity not being an issue compared to other guns, I disagree with you on this.  This is a big deal for many people.  And while I have the ability to make my own holsters, not everyone does and a custom holster based off that GG&G adapter (which is an additional outlay of cash) with your desired WML of choice is about as rare as hens teeth.  So at that point people say. "Fuck it I'm buying a (XYZ gun with an industry standard rail and easy to find holsters with a WML)" completely disregarding the USP series.

I love my USPc.  It was one of my first handguns and I carried it for years.  It's not carried anymore because of the WML issue.  I'd swap back to it in a heartbeat if they made that one simple change.  That said, they're probably never going to as the market and industry has shifted away from hammer fired guns and is now focused almost entirely on striker fired guns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
While I agree with you on the capacity not being an issue compared to other guns, I disagree with you on this.  This is a big deal for many people.  And while I have the ability to make my own holsters, not everyone does and a custom holster based off that GG&G adapter (which is an additional outlay of cash) with your desired WML of choice is about as rare as hens teeth.  So at that point people say. "Fuck it I'm buying a (XYZ gun with an industry standard rail and easy to find holsters with a WML)" completely disregarding the USP series.

I love my USPc.  It was one of my first handguns and I carried it for years.  It's not carried anymore because of the WML issue.  I'd swap back to it in a heartbeat if they made that one simple change.  That said, they're probably never going to as the market and industry has shifted away from hammer fired guns and is now focused almost entirely on striker fired guns.
View Quote
There are places that make custom for them if that’s what you want to carry. Personally I don’t like lights on carry guns because of the added weight and bulk (I carry AIWB) so it’s a moot point to me. My house guns just use the adaptor and light though but I’m not worried about a holster for them obviously. I also have no issue tucking a USP into my pants with no holster.

I see a limited amount of USP holster options in general and I don’t think the light rail has anything to do with it, peoples budgets do. Not everyone can afford or justify dropping a grand on a single pistol when you can buy two glocks for that. That’s what keeps most people away from them, not a light rail.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Didn’t the P2000 have a standard rail?  Not sure if they are made anymore
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The GLOCK for the most part is current due to generational upgrades. The USP is still stuck in 1994 with the proprietary rail. HK has done generational upgrades in the manner of literally releasing new pistols. The P2000, P30, and HK45 are all evolutionary upgrades of the USP line. The difference is. They aren't simply generational revisions. They're completely new guns with different parts, holsters, etc.... for the most part. A Gen 1 to Gen 3 GLOCK is the same gun internally. Same with a Gen 4 and Gen 5. They all fit in the same holster, use the same mags, etc....

And all while the USP is still made exactly the same way as it was in the mid 90s. If they at least upgraded the frame with a kore modern designed universal accessory rail. It would be fine. But they haven't and you still need to get a damn adapter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, that's opinion based. I'd say glock beats it seeing as they are 500-600 and have fantastic reliability, magazines aren't $60+.
Don't get me wrong, USP is still an awesome pistol. However, like sig 226's, M9's, (all guns i love) are outdated.

Retail $650 new?!?! Idk where you're at but the gun store I work part time is getting dealer prices for 650 from distributors for a USP. We are a major HK dealer. Maybe at gun shows when they are trying to blow out their inventory and not trying to make any money.

We have a hard time trying to sell used USP's. Especially in .40. In fact we can't sell any pistol on .40. We don't even take them on trades. Haven't sold a .40 in months.
I don't understand how a USP is outdated compared to a Glock that is 20 years older?

Sad that 40 isn't selling. People aren't eating as much beef either.

Not with a TLR4.

ETA. Also , my local shop has 2 used standard USP45s .One is $565 the other is $650.
They had 2 used USP45 Tacticals as well, priced at $899. I grabbed one for $810.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Didn't the P2000 have a standard rail?  Not sure if they are made anymore
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't the P2000 have a standard rail?  Not sure if they are made anymore
They do have the standard rail.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#39]
If the rail thing bugs you, get an HK45 or P30.  I have and like both of those, but I also like my USP's.  I don't give a rip about the rail because I rarely use a pistol-mounted light.  It's just too easy to point your gun at stuff you don't plan to shoot and it drastically limits your holster choices.  A handheld light gives me much more flexibility.

The fact that H&K doesn't change the pistol means every USP holster ever made still works with the gun.  The other issue is engineering and testing.  The best thing about H&K pistols in my view is that they are ultra-reliable and durable.  That comes from a big investment in design and testing.  Making changes is inconsistent with that.  That path leads to guns like the Sig P320.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Can USP40's be converted to any other caliber like .357 Sig?
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Can USP40's be converted to any other caliber like .357 Sig?
View Quote
Yep, barrel swap.  That's it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can say that about practically any service handgun. And do LEO trade ins and surplus really count towards resale value?

I can find LEO 226s and M9s for under $400 but I don't expect to get a price that low from a private seller who's got 300rnds down the pipe.

I haven't seen a used (non-LEO/non .40) USP under $700, and that price is inline with many other premium hammer fired guns.

You guys are basing the USP value off of 40 cal service pistols and comparing cost of a German hammer fired DA/SA to glock. That's why he finds it hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only exception was a batch of USPc 45 that were Police trade ins and needed recoil and mag springs and half the finish was gone
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Every so often a batch of the grey frame versions and expert model USP's show up here just so HK can keep them on the CA roster. My 9mm is a 2014, and I got a voucher with it for a TLR light with the HK specific rail clamp.

I found a LNIB USP45 made in 1995 on consignment recently, so I will be picking it up next week. It will be my 4th HK, along with my P2000 and P2000SK.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#48]
i have been looking for a usp 9 c for a year now, if anyone has a link on one, please send to me
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
i have been looking for a usp 9 c for a year now, if anyone has a link on one, please send to me
View Quote
https://www.shtftactical.com/products/handguns-hk-709031lea5-642230245464-913
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.riflegear.com/p-6847-hk-usp9-compact-9mm-v1-10rd-w-ns-709031lel-a5.aspx
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top