Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2020 4:52:05 PM EDT
Going through some old ammo stashes. Haven’t found any listed for sale in a while. Not sure I want to sell it but am very curious as to what the price would be. This is the stuff that was actually classified as AP ammo.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you show pics of the cartridges and headstamp? What makes you think this ammunition is AP?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the repackaged Czech steel core stuff right?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you show pics of the cartridges and headstamp? What makes you think this ammunition is AP?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here is the pic, I’ll see if I can find the documentation but it has been noted a number of times.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/-/133-854530/?page=1

Quoted:
This is the repackaged Czech steel core stuff right?

Yep!
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Covered here

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Interarms_Czech_9mm_AP_from_the_Early_50andapos_s/20-98209/?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the entire projectile steel or just the camera angle? If its all steel must be hell on barrels. Honestly id keep it, but if i was selling it im sure 5$ a round or more on gunbroker would be easy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Entire projectile is steel jacket. This is more along the lines of collector ammo for the “Look Over Here” crowd.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
That's what i was expecting. IIRC this Czech stuff is a post-war copy of the WWII German P 08 m.E projectile. Steel jacket, mild steel core. I tested some years ago and it went through a stack of old Vietnam era flack jackets like a hot knife through warm butter.

Reliability of these rounds may be questionable and they are corrosive primed...
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:11:53 AM EDT
[#8]
It will ruin your day :D
9X19mm, Czech Model 23 100gr Armor Piercing Vs IIIA Body Armor
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Hadn’t seen that video before, thanks for posting it. I have a bunch of obscure ammo I inherited but am not really an ammo collector. So I was trying to gauge a value to it in case I decide to sell it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I kind of want a box of that just because it says Alexandria, VA on it.

Neat
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's what i was expecting. IIRC this Czech stuff is a post-war copy of the WWII German P 08 m.E projectile. Steel jacket, mild steel core. I tested some years ago and it went through a stack of old Vietnam era flack jackets like a hot knife through warm butter.

Reliability of these rounds may be questionable and they are corrosive primed...
View Quote

Yup. Sintered (powdered iron) projectiles, steel jackets and steel cores were common for German production during WWII. It was an attempt to save copper/brass for other strategic uses. I do not believe any AP was designed. But maybe was a side effect and OP's ammo may be totally different and designed to be AP.

Regardless, it's interesting ammo so good score OP.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Not designed as AP, just a cost savings carryover from WWII designs. The Czechs made a lot of small arms ammunition for the Germans while they were occupied during the war. After the war, basicly they just kept on making what they were already tooled up for...

As collector cartridges they are not that desirable. I see the common German m.E rounds go for $1 each or so, the Czech rounds less. Someone wanting to roll their own with pulled projectiles might offer more I suppose...
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:26:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hadn't seen that video before, thanks for posting it. I have a bunch of obscure ammo I inherited but am not really an ammo collector. So I was trying to gauge a value to it in case I decide to sell it.
View Quote
If you ever come up with a list I'm always interested in obscure ammo for testing !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top