BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll have an update in the next couple days, been busy at work and stuff is still in the works. Thank you for you concern though
View Quote

@Bandit117
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Odd how the OP disappeared.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wrong. CZ factory blems are not sold as used guns, they are sold as factory 2nds due to cosmetic imperfection during production/finishing, they have the same full factory support for mechanical issues, a 5 year warranty.

"Firearms stamped with a "[Lambda] symbol have been determined to be "Blems" (Blemished) and/or "Scratch and Dent" by CZ-USA prior to sale or distribution, due to a cosmetic defect.  These firearms are warranted  to be free from mechanical defects ONLY for five (5) years.  These firearms are not warranted to be free from cosmetic defects for any period of time."
https://cz-usa.com/support/warranty/

Are you done talking out of your ass?

View Quote

lol  OK.   I don't recall it being sold as a "CZ factory blem".   It was sold as a Rifle Gear  blem, under their "own" definition of blem.  

That would be all good and dandy if you had bought straight from  CZ,  which you didn't.  The shop you bought from has a crystal clear definition of a "blem".  You bought from that shop and should have to follow the rules and definitions of the shop you bought from.  What CZ does or doesn't do, has nothing to do with the issue from understanding.  

Where's that update you promised us?  

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

lol  OK.   I don't recall it being sold as a "CZ factory blem".   It was sold as a Rifle Gear  blem, under their "own" definition of blem.  

View Quote

That isn't correct. CZ does determine which units get shipped marked as blemished.  And riflegear does have,  at least as of today, fairly accurate text about the blemished models they sell that communicates this pretty clearly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I think OP is going to get an education.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think OP is going to get an education.
View Quote

I think OP is to embarrassed to tell us what happened. Might have to rate this troll.....
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The bill of sale does not list 3 mags, just the gun.

To me, the OP has the gun and the money, I morally consider this theft.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Two weeks?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you are probably right but still hope this isn’t how it went down.

The seller posted in here, when it’s all said and done maybe they can fill us in since the OP went silent.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The seller posted in here, when it’s all said and done maybe they can fill us in since the OP went silent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol you think they'd come back after all the shit that was talked about them? It would be mighty risky for them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not saying you’re wrong....
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#12]
@Bandit117

So...ready to tell us the rest of the story yet?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@Bandit117

So...ready to tell us the rest of the story yet?
View Quote
He hasn't posted since 11/20. He's not going to come back and give us an update.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I am not going to make a decision quite yet but I do think that when a thread like this is started that the final result should be shared. If not it looks bad.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like OP's dog got shot....
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#16]
We would like closure on this as well. I did personally have a conversation with the OP a few weeks ago and apologized for the situation and how things transpired with people in customer service. Someone from accounting then attempted contact a couple times to offer a mutually agreeable resolution and we have been awaiting a return call.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We would like closure on this as well. I did personally have a conversation with the OP a few weeks ago and apologized for the situation and how things transpired with people in customer service. Someone from accounting then attempted contact a couple times to offer a mutually agreeable resolution and we have been awaiting a return call.
View Quote
I called on Friday, no one got back to me. There was only one call made.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That would be all good and dandy if you had bought straight from  CZ,  which you didn't.  The shop you bought from has a crystal clear definition of a "blem".  You bought from that shop and should have to follow the rules and definitions of the shop you bought from.  What CZ does or doesn't do, has nothing to do with the issue from understanding.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong. CZ factory blems are not sold as used guns, they are sold as factory 2nds due to cosmetic imperfection during production/finishing, they have the same full factory support for mechanical issues, a 5 year warranty.

"Firearms stamped with a "[Lambda] symbol have been determined to be "Blems" (Blemished) and/or "Scratch and Dent" by CZ-USA prior to sale or distribution, due to a cosmetic defect.  These firearms are warranted  to be free from mechanical defects ONLY for five (5) years.  These firearms are not warranted to be free from cosmetic defects for any period of time."
https://cz-usa.com/support/warranty/

Are you done talking out of your ass?

You realize you can't buy anything from direct from CZ as a non FFL right? This pistol has the lambda prefix, indicating its a CZ factory blem. Also says so on the case with a label that the factory put on it. Anymore clarifications that you need? Or are you really that special?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I called on Friday, no one got back to me.
View Quote

Anything from your credit card company?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I called on Friday, no one got back to me.
View Quote

Thanks. I'll have her call you back again today.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Anything from your credit card company?
View Quote
Yes. I have been in contact with American Express. American express informed me that RG didnt bother to participate in the investigation. RG made no reply and sent nothing in rebuttal to the inquiries that Amex made, and Amex did make them. although RG has claimed in our phone conversations that they were never notified of anything but clearly they got word of the chargeback. Amex has it laid out very in their merchant guides, rules and regulations, and the amex guy pointed them out to me, that failing to respond to a dispute inquiry in the 60 day window will result in the dispute being found in favor of the customer, sort of like default judgement. It's like amex dispute 101.

American Express has recommended, in fact they practically insisted, that because the matter is closed on their end, I should not pay RG anything at all after the fact, since they knew that not responding by Oct 22 (60 days) would result in a default judgement, both in the merchant agreement and in the specific communications Amex sent. They said that although I am free to do as I please, for RG to try collect after Amex decided the dispute in my favor after RG didn't respond to AMEX would jeopardize the integrity of the dispute process. It seems like Amex want's to put some teeth in its dispute process, to give merchant's incentive to participate in this process. Amex was also pretty unhappy to hear that a merchant was even trying to collect after they lost the dispute by not participating in it.  

I did speak to shark with RG and he did apologize and said the employee who called and threatened me was reprimanded, although he didn't say who they were or what the consequences for their actions were, and he said they have changed their process to make sure this doesn't happen again. There was some evasion when I asked why they didn't respond to amex, he said they must not have got the notice or it somehow fell though the cracks. I am not sure I entirely believe this, I think they were afraid of getting called on the carpet to justify their conduct to amex if they responded, so its very possible that, like having a cop knocking on the door, they elected to just turn off the lights, pretend no one is home and wait for them to leave . I also asked why he outed his company here, when I never once mentioned them by name and he said he was just mad and didn't read the whole thing. I said that I would at least be open to hearing an offer, even though I have absolutely no obligation to do so. They had someone call me not long before thanksgiving, I called back a few days ago and have heard nothing since. This whole thing is just grating.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:00:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes. I have been in contact with American Express. American express informed me that RG didnt bother to participate in the investigation. RG made no reply and sent nothing in rebuttal to the inquiries that Amex made, and Amex did make them. although RG has claimed in our phone conversations that they were never notified of anything but clearly they got word of the chargeback. Amex has it laid out very in their merchant guides, rules and regulations, and the amex guy pointed them out to me, that failing to respond to a dispute inquiry in the 60 day window will result in the dispute being found in favor of the customer, sort of like default judgement. It's like amex dispute 101.

American Express has recommended, in fact they practically insisted, that because the matter is closed on their end, I should not pay RG anything at all after the fact, since they knew that not responding by Oct 22 (60 days) would result in a default judgement, both in the merchant agreement and in the specific communications Amex sent. They said that although I am free to do as I please, for RG to try collect after Amex decided the dispute in my favor after RG didn't respond to AMEX would jeopardize the integrity of the dispute process. It seems like Amex want's to put some teeth in its dispute process, to give merchant's incentive to participate in this process. Amex was also pretty unhappy to hear that a merchant was even trying to collect after they lost the dispute by not participating in it.  

I did speak to shark with RG and he did apologize and said the employee who called and threatened me was reprimanded, although he didn't say who they were or what the consequences for their actions were, and he said they have changed their process to make sure this doesn't happen again. There was some evasion when I asked why they didn't respond to amex, he said they must not have got the notice or it somehow fell though the cracks. I am not sure I entirely believe this, I think they were afraid of getting called on the carpet to justify their conduct to amex if they responded, so its very possible that, like having a cop knocking on the door, they elected to just turn off the lights, pretend no one is home and wait for them to leave . I also asked why he outed his company here, when I never once mentioned them by name and he said he was just mad and didn't read the whole thing. I said that I would at least be open to hearing an offer, even though I have absolutely no obligation to do so. They had someone call me not long before thanksgiving, I called back a few days ago and have heard nothing since. This whole thing is just grating.

View Quote

Well, thanks for coming back and posting the update.

I guess you can't really force the merchant to return your calls.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#23]
So you get a free pistol out of this mess?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You realize you can't buy anything from direct from CZ as a non FFL right? This pistol has the lambda prefix, indicating its a CZ factory blem. Also says so on the case with a label that the factory put on it. Anymore clarifications that you need? Or are you really that special?
View Quote

So are you rolling around with a free gun, or what?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So are you rolling around with a free gun, or what?
View Quote

Odd how that was omitted, huh?  If he wasn't rolling around with a freebie, I doubt he would be working out an offer with RG (since AMEX found in 'his favor').  

Come on OP, do the right thing here.  Take the moral high ground before it takes you.  Pick up the phone and get this done today and then get on with life.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Odd how that was omitted, huh?  If he wasn't rolling around with a freebie, I doubt he would be working out an offer with RG (since AMEX found in 'his favor').  

Come on OP, do the right thing here.  Take the moral high ground before it takes you.  Pick up the phone and get this done today and then get on with life.
View Quote

Exactly.

Guy has a gun that he didn’t pay for which was originally offered fir sale at a very reasonable price.

Seller is out the product and the money.

What happened may be legal, but it certainly isn’t right.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#27]
You guys are acting like the seller shares none of the blame.  

This should cost them something just for the ATF threat.  I'd have a hard time letting that go.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You guys are acting like the seller shares none of the blame.  

This should cost them something just for the ATF threat.  I'd have a hard time letting that go.
View Quote

While they’re both wrong, the OP wins by a significant margin in my eyes.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

While they’re both wrong, the OP wins by a significant margin in my eyes.
View Quote

Have to disagree with you and reccomend you get those eyes checked out.

The side that wants to get the ATF involved is always wrong.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Its chargeback fraud plain and simple.....he has obtained a handgun without paying for it. It is theft. People are prosecuted for it all the time. Considering this a firearm, all I would say is good luck. It may not violate his Amex agreement, but it sure violates the laws of his State.
View Quote

Oh look, Riflegear's other account!
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meanwhile, they’re out product unwillingly with zero money.

There’s a word for that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There’s a word for that.
View Quote

They should have either:

a. shared the recording of OP inquiring by phone about the gun, and being told it only came with one mag, with AMEX.
or
b.  sent the OP the two missing mags.

There's three words for that, smart business practices.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Meanwhile, they're out product unwillingly with zero money.

There's a word for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meanwhile, they're out product unwillingly with zero money.

There's a word for that.

Is that called they didn't follow the agreement w/ the credit card companies and lost because they didn't show up?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#35]
How did I miss this thread until today, read all 5 pages.
Sounds a lot like the guy in CA that ordered mags then tried to cancel with the law flip flop and the vendor threatened to call LEO (or was it ATF).

Believe it or not, I bought a Beretta CX4 from Botach with "extra mags you'll get later" and I got everything. Took a while for the mags but they came, no calls, disputes or ATF.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They should have either:

a. shared the recording of OP inquiring by phone about the gun, and being told it only came with one mag, with AMEX.
or

View Quote

c. Should have responded to AMEX's communications.
and
d. Not tried to shadily collect money after they had lost the dispute.

All of the Karens whining about the OP getting something for "free" (I can't speak for the OP, but I can assure you that my time and aggravation dealing with unscrupulous businesses is certainly not "free") need to stop being so upset that somebody other than them got what they perceive to be a good deal.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

and

All of the Karens whining about the OP getting something for "free" (I can't speak for the OP, but I can assure you that my time and aggravation dealing with unscrupulous businesses is certainly not "free") need to stop being so upset that somebody other than them got what they perceive to be a good deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should have either:

or

and

If you think that’s why most of us seem upset about the situation it says a lot more about you than you know.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Also, let's remember that RG also apparently told OP that a straight-up return was impossible.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Also, let's remember that RG also apparently told OP that a straight-up return was impossible.

View Quote

Which is pretty common for blemished items and firearms in general.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:12:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because returns on firearms are so common.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#41]
They could has said

Dealer cost on 2 mags is $$ and shipping is $, how about we split it.
If I was OP I would have agreed to that but like OP, 10% off list is BS.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They could has said

Dealer cost on 2 mags is $$ and shipping is $, how about we split it.
If I was OP I would have agreed to that but like OP, 10% off list is BS.
View Quote

There just isn't much markup in this stuff. It still comes down to a he said she said.

How it should have gone down in a perfect reasonable world.
Buyer inspects gun at FFL realized it is short mags
Holds off on transfer until contact is made with seller
Seller tries to remedy situation
Unable to remedy seller sends call tag for firearm
Buyer is refunded upon return of firearm

ETA

This is another reason I always try communicate through some format that leaves me evidence like email, messenger, text etc
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because returns on firearms are so common.

Returns on firearms happen regularly, for a number of common reasons.  lol  

OTOH, perhaps it was wiser to threaten to call in the ATF.  

That worked out well.

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There just isn't much markup in this stuff. It still comes down to a he said she said.

How it should have gone down in a perfect reasonable world.
Buyer inspects gun at FFL realized it is short mags
Holds off on transfer until contact is made with seller
Seller tries to remedy situation
Unable to remedy seller sends call tag for firearm
Buyer is refunded upon return of firearm
View Quote

So the dealer would be out shipping both ways? How is that much different than selling two mags for half price?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Returns on firearms happen regularly, for a number of common reasons.  lol  

OTOH, perhaps it was wiser to threaten to call in the ATF.  

That worked out well.

View Quote

Regularly by the dealer that sold them? I disagree especially after the transfer has taken place. I sold guns for almost 10 years and never encountered anywhere where guns were regularly returned to the seller.

Here's a quick search
Cabela's does not accept returns of any firearms. Please contact the manufacturer directly for assistance.

Buds
1.  Firearms - It is solely the customers responsibility to thoroughly inspect the firearm(s) at the FFL prior to accepting the transfer.  If there is a noticeable defect of any kind to the firearm, or associated case/contents, please simply refuse the transfer and we will arrange to have the firearm returned to us, at our expense, and issue the customer a full refund or replacement firearm if available.  If the customer accepts the transfer from the FFL, we can then only refer the customer to the manufacturer for warranty consideration.

Grabagun
Once you accept the transfer, the gun is considered used and must be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement.

and for the grand finale here's Riflegears policy very clearly listed on their website

Returns - No returns will be accepted for firearms after transfer from the dealer to the buyer - this applies both to firearms purchased at a RifleGear retail store or transferred to another FFL dealer. Firearms cannot be returned unless found to be defective or damaged upon inspection at the dealer.  Please inspect your firearm thoroughly and refuse to proceed with the paperwork or transfer if you are not satisfied with the condition of the firearm.   After the firearm is transferred into your possession, any warranty issue will have to be addressed through the firearm manufacturer.

Quoted:

So the dealer would be out shipping both ways? How is that much different than selling two mags for half price?
View Quote

Bad deals happen and it's their property so it costs them to get it back as you can't force those charges on the customer or receiving dealer. Either way the important step is communication with the seller BEFORE the gun is transferred to the buyer. It is pretty well known common practice that by completing the transfer you are agreeing to the product. There are always going to be exceptions.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There’s a word for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s a word for that.

They didn't even bother to respond to the dispute, unwillingly? No, I'd say more like apathetic.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Regularly by the dealer that sold them? I disagree especially after the transfer has taken place. I sold guns for almost 10 years and never encountered anywhere where guns were regularly returned to the seller.

Here's a quick search
Cabela's does not accept returns of any firearms. Please contact the manufacturer directly for assistance.

Buds
1.  Firearms - It is solely the customers responsibility to thoroughly inspect the firearm(s) at the FFL prior to accepting the transfer.  If there is a noticeable defect of any kind to the firearm, or associated case/contents, please simply refuse the transfer and we will arrange to have the firearm returned to us, at our expense, and issue the customer a full refund or replacement firearm if available.  If the customer accepts the transfer from the FFL, we can then only refer the customer to the manufacturer for warranty consideration.

Grabagun
Once you accept the transfer, the gun is considered used and must be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement.

and for the grand finale here's Riflegears policy very clearly listed on their website

Returns - No returns will be accepted for firearms after transfer from the dealer to the buyer - this applies both to firearms purchased at a RifleGear retail store or transferred to another FFL dealer. Firearms cannot be returned unless found to be defective or damaged upon inspection at the dealer.  Please inspect your firearm thoroughly and refuse to proceed with the paperwork or transfer if you are not satisfied with the condition of the firearm.   After the firearm is transferred into your possession, any warranty issue will have to be addressed through the firearm manufacturer.

Bad deals happen and it's their property so it costs them to get it back as you can't force those charges on the customer or receiving dealer. Either way the important step is communication with the seller BEFORE the gun is transferred to the buyer. It is pretty well known common practice that by completing the transfer you are agreeing to the product. There are always going to be exceptions.
View Quote

Well, published policy is tough to dispute.

That said, apparently AmEx didn't see it that way.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well, published policy is tough to dispute.

That said, apparently AmEx didn't see it that way.
View Quote

Much like there are at least two sides to every story both the buyer and seller had agreements with Amex and that's a whole other rodeo.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Much like there are at least two sides to every story both the buyer and seller had agreements with Amex and that's a whole other rodeo.
View Quote

I can't disagree.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They didn't even bother to respond to the dispute, unwillingly? No, I'd say more like apathetic.
View Quote

The claim by the OP that we didn't even respond to the chargeback is simply not true. I have seen the folder on the chargeback. We have the initial notice of the chargeback, our response and all supplied paperwork, and their reply to our dispute. I am not sure whey  AMEX would even discuss this level of detail to either side. Like someone else said, we are both customers of AMEX. Personally I do not want to continue to fight this in public, but I also do not want to let blatantly false statements about our company go unanswered.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top