Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2021 5:23:41 AM EDT
After trying to work out a deal with a buddy of mine for his Beretta 92, with intent to use as a host for my Rugged Obsidian which is currently in jail. When the deal fell through, I headed to the local gun shop to buy a host, and one of the only pistols they had left was a suppressor ready P07, with factory threaded barrel and raised night sights, for 530 bucks, which was as good a deal as I could ask for. I had never looked at CZ before, and know nothing about them. They seem to have a very solid reputation. I ordered 4 additional magazines to the 2 it came with.

What's the quick and dirty on these tings?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:46:15 AM EDT
[#1]
So far as I can tell, the only legitimate complaint is the expensive magazines, and the field strip is an inch more complicated than a Glock's. Oh well. I can't wait to shoot this thing with a can. It cycled both 115 grain ball, and 150 grain subs. And locked back on both.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I prefer mine, to my CZ  SP 01.

I shouldn't
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Easier to do detail strip/cleaning on than the CZ75 (steel/aluminum frame models).

Mine are more accurate than my steel/aluminum frame CZs.  The only thing more accurate than my P07 .40 is my P09 9MM.  Both are more accurate than any of my M&Ps, XD/XDM or Glock pistols.

Lots of upgrade parts available from Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom.  Any standard part you might need (other than frame or slide) is available from CZ USA/Cajun Gun Works/CZ Custom.

Some come out of the box with really decent triggers, some don't.  My .40 doesn't get any better.  I ended up putting a CZ Custom hammer in my 9MM to make it similar to the .40.

The P09 magazines work fine in the P07, just stick out the bottom some (full sized pistol magazine in a compact pistol).

None of mine are suppressor models so I can't say anything about function when using a suppressor.

Many people say the weak point of a CZ is the trigger return spring.  I've not broken one, some people claim they break them on a pretty regular basis.  A trigger return spring from CGW will fix that (people say).  

One other point of failure (I've not had but some people have) is the roll pin that holds the firing pin in place.  Again, CGW makes an upgraded pin for that spot.

Good luck with it.  I carry mine every day.  Every day.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]
You should know that they are great. I sold mine to get the tactical model, unfortunately I got distracted and haven't bought it yet. Maybe I need to fix that?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I shoot my P07, bone stock, better than any of my other carry guns.  It really surprised me.  I did add night sights.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I LOVE my P07.  It's the most comfortable gun I own outside my BHP's.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I've heard the cheap "Mcarbo" or some such spring kit makes the trigger be not shitty, but mine has smoothed out a little.

Still hate the triggers on my 07 and 09, but holy crap can they shoot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I liked my P-09 so much when I found one used for a good price I jumped on it quickly.  It had 3 magazines and my P-09 mags work in it.  I have not done anything to it yet but I plan to put Dawson sights on it and a full Cajun trigger kit.  The pistol was like new and still have the rough trigger pull they have out of the box.  A few range visits and a lot of practice with the DA it is a pretty sweet pistol bone stock.  The DA is a bit heavier than I care for but I plan to fix it eventually with a Cajun kit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently bought this P07 from a board member to use as a suppressor host for my Obsidian 9 can.  The PO7 has been milled for RMR, with after market suppressor height sights.  It has a full Cajun Gun Works Pro Kit installed by Cajun.  I added a TLR 7A light.  The trigger had a dragging feeling as I cycled through the DA pull.  After thousands of dry fires, and 400 round through the gun it's a very nice trigger.  It is Sub 7lb DA and Sub 3 SA.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#10]
How do they carry?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do they carry?
View Quote

Great, and just as well as a G19 imo.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Great, and just as well as a G19 imo.
View Quote
Mine actually fit in one of my G19 holsters
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats, welcome to the addiCZion. Don't forget mags marked P-10C and P-10F will also work in your sidearm, if it has the quad mag cuts. You have an eCZellent sidearm sir.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#14]
excellent gun

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:50:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine is my little buddy, it gets carried the most
Attachment Attached File

I like mine better with the safety than the decocker.

Be advised now you'll need a P-09 to go with it
Attachment Attached File

As to mags they take the following: 07, P-09, P10C ,P10F, and 75B mags...the 75B mags wiggle though.

The little bastard shoots great
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:15:15 AM EDT
[#16]
What's a high quality duty holster for a battle belt that will accommodate the extended barrel and raised sights?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's a high quality duty holster for a battle belt that will accommodate the extended barrel and raised sights?
View Quote

I use this however you may want added retention for your battle belt.  
https://www.kt-mech.com/im_menu_ak.html

Duty version

https://www.kt-mech.com/im_menu_ad.html
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#18]
You're gonna love it. They're great pistols.

CZ Custom doesn't do much for the Polymer guns. Cajun Gun Works is where it's at. I put a full trigger kit in mine to get it close to my Shadow2. (Full Disclosure; CZ Custom is local. I went in thinking I could get some work done, and they basically blew me off. I won't do business with them again.)

For range use, the standard CZ75 mags work. They wobble a little bit (they're basically only held in by the mag release) but they'll work. I wouldn't carry it that way (though I've never had a problem...) though.

These are hugely underrated guns, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#19]

They are amazing - this one put me over the edge and I replaced ever striker fire gun I own with a CZ equivalent.

Like others have said - Greg Cote for mags, CGW for trigger job

P10c mags work - they are just hard to grab secondhand for a deal

For holsters I found that Vedder is good on the cheap and Viking Tactical is good for more coin

Welcome to the tribe if you weren’t a CZ fanatic already, it’s gonna be an expensive stay

Also - I highly recommend you try the different backstraps while at the range to really fit the pistol - IMO the large backstrap are where it’s at.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/XnYmgx1.jpg

They are amazing - this one put me over the edge and I replaced ever striker fire gun I own with a CZ equivalent.

Like others have said - Greg Cote for mags, CGW for trigger job

P10c mags work - they are just hard to grab secondhand for a deal

For holsters I found that Vedder is good on the cheap and Viking Tactical is good for more coin

Welcome to the tribe if you weren’t a CZ fanatic already, it’s gonna be an expensive stay

Also - I highly recommend you try the different backstraps while at the range to really fit the pistol - IMO the large backstrap are where it’s at.
View Quote

Appreciate the comments. I have what my family affectionately refers to as "hamster hands." The small grip is just right for me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Like I said earlier I like them a lot. I just bought a second one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top