Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2020 4:48:23 PM EDT
I’ll start by saying I’m not a revolver or single action shooter. I bought this new at a gun show for $190. It caught my eye and didn’t want to go home empty handed.

It actually has a really clean trigger. Kind of surprised. Hated the grips so I got a set of Altamont silverblack Fleur-de-lis wood grips. Holster is a Ruger brand made by Triple K.

It’s very accurate. The only thing I noticed is wear already between the cylinder notches. Is this normal? I lubed each notch with some Machine Gunners lube as I find it stays put better than others.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Aren’t the cylinders aluminum?  I think finish wear would happen pretty quickly.  Hopefully no metal wear itself.

Actually I believe the cylinder is steel.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]

I really like mine. I have shot a couple boxes of 550 22 through mine
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aren’t the cylinders aluminum?  I think finish wear would happen pretty quickly.  Hopefully no metal wear itself.

Actually I believe the cylinder is steel.
View Quote

The cylinder frame is aluminum. No way the actual cylinder is aluminum though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The cylinder frame is aluminum. No way the actual cylinder is aluminum though.
View Quote

I have a Smith 317 that has an 8 shot aluminum cylinder.  Light as a feather.

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked one up a few weeks ago and have enjoyed it so far.

I believe the barrel and cylinder are steel, the frame aluminum.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The trigger is horrible.  Install a spring kit and you will believe.  The first Ruger revolver I tried with a spring kit ruined me forever.

That appears to be a mark on the cylinder, not wear.  Some revolvers do this.

From your googles:

"The Wrangler frame is machined from cast aluminum alloy, which is both lightweight and easy to manufacture. The barrel and cylinder are made from steel, of course, but the grip frame is cast from a zinc alloy."

I will probably buy one at some point.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The trigger is horrible.  Install a spring kit and you will believe.  The first Ruger revolver I tried with a spring kit ruined me forever.

That appears to be a mark on the cylinder, not wear.  Some revolvers do this.

From your googles:

"The Wrangler frame is machined from cast aluminum alloy, which is both lightweight and easy to manufacture. The barrel and cylinder are made from steel, of course, but the grip frame is cast from a zinc alloy."

I will probably buy one at some point.
View Quote

Maybe they aren’t consistent but my trigger is far from horrible. I handled two at the gun show booth and one felt better to me. That’s the one I left with obviously.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been meaning to pick one of these up. I plan on shooting a lot of .22 until 9mm comes back on shelves so I don't burn up my ammo fort. Handled one the other day, impressed with the feel of it. Much better than the Heritage Rough Rider (I have one, not bad for $100 or so).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top