Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2020 2:13:32 PM EDT
I was going to go with the p365xl but I think I like the da/sa with decocker better. I can always carry hammer back safe if I want but I like the option of one in pipe da first pull. At least until I get more comfy, especially carrying airborne.

Tell me about this gun please.

Also any suggestions acquiring one? They see, to be hard to find.

Other than a rail, deifferences in this and the P01?
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ's are damn fine pistols. Have always had a soft spot in my heart(head) for all metal pistols. I like the various CZ 75s and their variations. I think they are a better choice for me size wise than the various P frame guns. Keep looking OP, you'll find what you want.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes do it!  Get the Cz!!

Also check out the mods for it at Cajun Gun Works
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:51:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not something like an SDP with a rail instead?

It’s dark for roughly half the day so a WML is kind of important.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not something like an SDP with a rail instead?

It’s dark for roughly half the day so a WML is kind of important.
View Quote

Never considered it.

Is this a P1 model with night sights?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Never considered it.

Is this a P1 model with night sights?
View Quote

SDP is a P-01 worked over by CZ Custom.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
P-01, it balances better, and shoots a tad flatter due to the rail. WML capability is always a plus. It has a longer sight radius, and takes normal style sights without having the top strap engraving interrupted. And heads up, you may end up like me--picking up the 365xl as a summer carry, as its significantly thinner in profile and hides much better with shorts and a tshirt.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
P-01, it balances better, and shoots a tad flatter due to the rail. WML capability is always a plus. It has a longer sight radius, and takes normal style sights without having the top strap engraving interrupted. And heads up, you may end up like me--picking up the 365xl as a summer carry, as its significantly thinner in profile and hides much better with shorts and a tshirt.
View Quote

Thanks for the help here.

I think I will end up picking up a p365xl at some point especially as I get more comfy carrying all the time.
I really like the DA first pull and decocker.

I’ll look into the P01 more, are they easier to find?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Currently everything is a pain in the ass to find!

But P01s are out there. Check Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:40:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Went to the local gun store today to order two.

No dice, no idea when inventory will come in. Would not take my money.

Btw how much larger is the p-01 compared to the p365 xl?
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Significantly. One is a glock 19 sized metal framed compact, one is a subcompact slimline striker fired plastic frame.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Cz%20p01
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#11]
PCR is my EDC. No need to carry a double stack Glock when you can carry a CZ.

If only the P10M would be made available in the US, I would have no need for any Glocks anymore.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Went to the local gun store today to order two.

No dice, no idea when inventory will come in. Would not take my money.

Btw how much larger is the p-01 compared to the p365 xl?
View Quote

To answer your last question:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I love my P01. I don't know how else to describe it other than "special".
The rail in my opinion is important. I like to have the ability to run a light.
All my pistols have lights except for my SW Model 60

I love my Glocks and am primarily a Glock guy.

I just wish there was a easier, more cost effective way to throw a Dot on it though.

I also have the Sig. It serves its purpose. Its just a tool for a specific job.

In reality there isnt anything I don't like about the CZ. When I'm wanting to get some dry fire in its always the CZ with the full CGW trigger.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was going to go with the p365xl but I think I like the da/sa with decocker better. I can always carry hammer back safe if I want but I like the option of one in pipe da first pull. At least until I get more comfy, especially carrying airborne.

View Quote

PCR cannot be carried “hammer back safe”.  There is no safety, only a decocker.

That said I think you are making a wise decision.  I carry a PCR 90% of the time and a standard p365 if i am dressing especially light or need to pocket carry.  The 365xl on the other hand gives up the best feature of the p365, it’s minuscule size.  I would grab a standard P365 and a couple larger mags if you want the option on a larger grip.  The P365 owns the subcompact market at the moment, but once you start increasing size(XL) it starts creeping toward the compact segment and has to compete with guns like the PCR.  in my hands the PCR is a better shooter and worth the minimal increase in size.

I will eventually grab a P01 I’m sure, but I am very happy with the PCR as a carry pistol.  If you want a light in your carry gun or if it will double as a home defense gun then get the P01 for the rail... but HD duties better fit the SP01 in my opinion.

Anyway I wouldn’t worry about it, once it starts we all end up with a CZ to fill every role.

-Mike
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#15]
This thread interest me as I came across a green P-01 that felt great in my hand. I’d been interested in the 75’s as I’ve heard they are great shooters. Obviously everything is kind of crazy right now, but what would be a good price on one of these during more normal times. I just ordered a 43X for carry so I’m not in a huge rush, but if this one is priced right I wouldn’t mind picking up what would probably become my new bedside gun.  Am I going to feel like a sucker when prices return to normal if I pay $630 + taxes/fee or is that close to normal prices?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That said I think you are making a wise decision.  I carry a PCR 90% of the time and a standard p365 if i am dressing especially light or need to pocket carry.  The 365xl on the other hand gives up the best feature of the p365, it’s minuscule size.  I would grab a standard P365 and a couple larger mags if you want the option on a larger grip.  The P365 owns the subcompact market at the moment, but once you start increasing size(XL) it starts creeping toward the compact segment and has to compete with guns like the PCR.  in my hands the PCR is a better shooter and worth the minimal increase in size.

I will eventually grab a P01 I’m sure, but I am very happy with the PCR as a carry pistol.  If you want a light in your carry gun or if it will double as a home defense gun then get the P01 for the rail... but HD duties better fit the SP01 in my opinion.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77352/IMG_1100-1231365.jpg

Anyway I wouldn’t worry about it, once it starts we all end up with a CZ to fill every role.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77352/IMG_3109-1231381.jpg

-Mike
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Mike

What is the holster shown? It looks very comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Mike

Stealthgear Ventcore (standard size, not the mini)

LINK

-Mike
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Stealthgear Ventcore (standard size, not the mini)

LINK

-Mike
View Quote

Stealthgear are the most comfortable holsters I have ever tried, I own a bunch of them. Their Scorpion for the P-01 is hands down the best AIWB holster I have tried for the P-01.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top