Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2020 9:26:17 PM EDT
I am currently using an Alien Gear 3.5 IWB holster, and really like it, but they don't offer what I need.

I want something as similar as I can get, but I need it for a Beretta M9A3, with a TLR-1 attached. Light bearing IWB holsters seem pretty difficult to find, and the few that I do are all kydex.

Maybe I could have a custom shell made for the Alien Gear holster backing, but that would only really work if the maker has both the handgun and the light available to them. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea ... I'm still looking an  inside the pants holster for my AR 300 Blk with bipod and light and laser designator attached ---- too. I guess you could call Milt Sparks and ask if they will do one with a light.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a really big , thick gun to IWB.

I suggest a outside pancake style holster.
Try Desantis Holsters, they might make something for that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's a really big , thick gun to IWB.

I suggest a outside pancake style holster.
Try Desantis Holsters, they might make something for that.
View Quote

I IWB carry a regular M9 now, no issues.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Phlster spotlight/floodlight.   Both are supposed to be good for aiwb.   Also JM Custom is much loved.   I
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel your pain, it was awfully difficult to find a solid company that would make a holster for an M9 with a light on it. Especially because i have the Thicc Boi Brigadier slide on mine.

If I'm going out in the morning or midday, i CC an M92FS with Langdon upgrades (but no light) in a JM Custom Kydex holster. It's extremely comfortable, and my favorite gun to CC.

If I'm going out and expect to be out near or after sundown, I CC a Wilson Combat M92 Brigadier Tactical with an X300V on it in a Red Hill Tactical holster. It's the only company I could find that makes a holster to fit the Brigadier model M9 with a surefire light attached. I'm satisfied with RHT, but it isn't as solid a lockup as the JM, though this may be due to the flashlight on it.

Check out Red Hill Tactical, but I think T.Rex Arms might have a model that works, or Tier 1 Concealed may as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
GunfightersInc

These guys can make you happy
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GunfightersInc

View Quote

Those are OWB.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Those are OWB.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GunfightersInc

Those are OWB.

Sorry, I missed the IWB requirement I guess. However all you really need to do is add some Discreet Gear Clips to most any OWB kydex holster and wear comfortably as IWB in my experience.

Good luck with your hunt.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably not really what you're looking for but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

https://www.theisholsters.com/products.php?productId=1
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Probably not really what you're looking for but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

https://www.theisholsters.com/products.php?productId=1
View Quote

That is exactly what I’m looking for, thanks!

Any experience with that company?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Good to hear! I thought maybe you were looking for something made of that same material as the Alien Gear.

I've been carrying an M&P Shield in that holster daily for several years. Theis was recommended by others on here so I ordered one. I believe its comparable to the Crossbreed SuperTuck.

I noticed they have 2 options for the TLR1. Not sure what HL stands for.

Oh and Theis is located in Conway, Arkansas for what its worth.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good to hear! I thought maybe you were looking for something made of that same material as the Alien Gear.

I've been carrying an M&P Shield in that holster daily for several years. Theis was recommended by others on here so I ordered one. I believe its comparable to the Crossbreed SuperTuck.

View Quote

As long as it has a soft backing I’ll be happy. I think I’ll give one a shot, thank you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/TLR_1_same_size_as_TLR1_HL_/4-159460/
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/TLR_1_same_size_as_TLR1_HL_/4-159460/

Ah, HL = High Lumens and a slightly larger bezel.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Phlster Floodlight.  It will be your last holster so long as you keep using a TLR-1 regardless of what gun you carry.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/floodlight/
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I do not have a light on any of my carry guns but I love Mitch Rosen leather holsters. He is not close by for you but he makes some damn good gun leather. I recommend him to anyone and everyone. I go down and get my stuff custom fit before I order. Just my gun myself and some of his time and depending on lead time a month or so later I have my holster.

Here is a link:

Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gun Leather
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am currently using an Alien Gear 3.5 IWB holster, and really like it, but they don't offer what I need.

I want something as similar as I can get, but I need it for a Beretta M9A3, with a TLR-1 attached. Light bearing IWB holsters seem pretty difficult to find, and the few that I do are all kydex.

Maybe I could have a custom shell made for the Alien Gear holster backing, but that would only really work if the maker has both the handgun and the light available to them. Thoughts?
View Quote

You’ll have to cruise the custom Kydex sights to find that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Look at simply rugged or Mitch Rosen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top