Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2021 11:35:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I shot CZ's pretty heavily for several years in carry and competition. I'm not aware of any baseplate for the 18 rd factory tubes that will appear flush on the shorter P-01 grip. The baseplate in your pic extends upwards just to get a flush fit on the longer SP-01 grip. It would need to extend comically tall to flush up on the P-01.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I can feel where you're coming from. I run a Glock 19 mag with adorondo extensions as backups rather than much less expensive Glock 17 mags. A decision based entirely on looks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Well it isn't just looks.  Under stress you could over insert the mag and possibly lock up the gun.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well it isn't just looks.  Under stress you could over insert the mag and possibly lock up the gun.

View Quote

What?  Do you realize the amount of force you would need to force the mag past the mag locking mechanism first off and then the slide?  To top if all off you cannot push the mag up through the slide it is literally in the way.  If you have not noticed all magazines based around the BHP magazine design taper as you get to the feed lips.  To over insert it you would have to have the strength of a hydraulic press to get the magazine to insert beyond the magazine lock up and through the slide into the ejection port basically spaghetification would be required.

Take a moment and insert a magazine in a pistol with the slide locked back and look inside the ejection port.

To answer OP's question if this really bothers you that much get compact mags and put the magazine extension on them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What?  Do you realize the amount of force you would need to force the mag past the mag locking mechanism first off and then the slide?  To top if all off you cannot push the mag up through the slide it is literally in the way.  If you have not noticed all magazines based around the BHP magazine design taper as you get to the feed lips.  To over insert it you would have to have the strength of a hydraulic press to get the magazine to insert beyond the magazine lock up and through the slide into the ejection port basically spaghetification would be required.

Take a moment and insert a magazine in a pistol with the slide locked back and look inside the ejection port.

To answer OP's question if this really bothers you that much get compact mags and put the magazine extension on them.
View Quote

I typically change mags with the slide locked back.  The one time I overinserted a mag and had to strip it out that's how I did it, on a slide lock reload.

Put CZC basepads on my mags after that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Base pads replacements from Beretta, that were built for the 92 series, will fit the CZ magazines. They are cheaper than CZ too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top