Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2023 1:52:27 AM EDT
I'm looking to buy my first 2011... I'm seriously torn between the CS and the C2...

It would be for CCW/HD/Range...

For summer CCW I usually carry my 43X... so most of the CCW will probably be in colder months OWB since that's how I carry my Glock 19.

I've had both in my cart numerous times and can't pull the trigger... I wish both were an option but unfortunately they're not.

I like the slide and stippling better on the CS... but I like(I think) the size of the C2 better for shooting regularly.

If you could only buy one and it be your Jack of all trades... which would it be?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#1]
For concealed carry, the CS would be the better choice on paper. It's slightly smaller and thinner, but according to handgun hero, it's barely smaller. If I were in the market right now to CCW one of these, I'd probably go for the CS. For CCW/HD/Range, I'd probably go C2 for the slightly larger size for HD/Range. And if you're going to carry in the colder months, concealing a C2 wouldn't be a problem at all. I carry mine in summer clothes sometimes and have no issues their either.

I got my C2 way before the CS was announced and contemplated getting the CS, but the size difference was negligible in my mind so I left it alone and never got one. I am also invested in magazines for the C2 which won't carry over to the CS. I also have seen several places offering a grip reduction on the C2 to make it thinner, so that would be an option for me. In terms of CCW, I don't have any trouble concealing the C2. The grip is a little fat, but it still conceals well and rely on good hoslters and belts for better concealability. My best advice is to try and find a gun shop that has both and see which one fits your hands better and shoot both if you can.

I have no experience with the CS, so hopefully someone who has both or experience with both will chime in. Either way, I absolutely love my C2 and want the P also. I have no regrets buying my gun and doubt you will either.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For concealed carry, the CS would be the better choice on paper. It's slightly smaller and thinner, but according to handgun hero, it's barely smaller. If I were in the market right now to CCW one of these, I'd probably go for the CS. For CCW/HD/Range, I'd probably go C2 for the slightly larger size for HD/Range. And if you're going to carry in the colder months, concealing a C2 wouldn't be a problem at all. I carry mine in summer clothes sometimes and have no issues their either.

I got my C2 way before the CS was announced and contemplated getting the CS, but the size difference was negligible in my mind so I left it alone and never got one. I am also invested in magazines for the C2 which won't carry over to the CS. I also have seen several places offering a grip reduction on the C2 to make it thinner, so that would be an option for me. In terms of CCW, I don't have any trouble concealing the C2. The grip is a little fat, but it still conceals well and rely on good hoslters and belts for better concealability. My best advice is to try and find a gun shop that has both and see which one fits your hands better and shoot both if you can.

I have no experience with the CS, so hopefully someone who has both or experience with both will chime in. Either way, I absolutely love my C2 and want the P also. I have no regrets buying my gun and doubt you will either.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. I think the C2 will be fine for what I want. Also... I'm using their Blue line program. The CS comes as is... the C2 comes with 3 extra mags and a mounting plate for free. That def makes it more appealing.

I think I'm just going to get the C2. If the grip were shorter(for deeper concealment) I'd probably get the CS. But I always have the 43X if I need more concealment.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the C2 and traded it for a CS. I was on the fence about sending the C2 grip out for a $300-400 grip job or get the CS. The CS won. The grip doesn't need anything done to it. I do wish it had the 3.9" barrel the C2 has. I do hope Staccato comes out with a more flush mag base for the CS. They both carry about the same with a slight edge to the CS. I despised the mainspring housing on the C2. The CS grip is better, I just wish it had the C2 upper.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you physically held them both?

I found the C2 was just a bit too thick for my liking…I couldn’t get a good solid grip on it. The CS fits my hand like a glove so that’s what I went with.

If you haven’t actually held them I’d try to find a shop that carries them to demo.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I found the C2 was just a bit too thick for my liking…I couldn’t get a good solid grip on it. The CS fits my hand like a glove so that’s what I went with.

If you haven’t actually held them I’d try to find a shop that carries them to demo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I had the C2 and traded it for a CS. I was on the fence about sending the C2 grip out for a $300-400 grip job or get the CS. The CS won. The grip doesn't need anything done to it. I do wish it had the 3.9" barrel the C2 has. I do hope Staccato comes out with a more flush mag base for the CS. They both carry about the same with a slight edge to the CS. I despised the mainspring housing on the C2. The CS grip is better, I just wish it had the C2 upper.

I have not actually held the C2. I'm trying to find one locally. Again, I've never held one but I have medium-ish hands. I shoot a Glock 20 gen 4 without issue. I'm assuming the grip isn't thicker than that.

But there's a part of me thinking I should hold off for now due to the fact that they just released the CS sized grip and redesigned mags... I may be wrong but it makes me think that something may be coming along in the future of the C2 with the redesigned thinner grip and new mags.

But I have no patience.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a C2 (and a P). I haven't handled a CS.

I like the grip on the C2. It is slightly thicker than the grip on my Glock 21 Gen 4 which I also like the grip on.

Given the dimensions of the CS, I couldn't rationalize considering one. I have no complaints about my C2 (or P).
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply. I think the C2 will be fine for what I want. Also... I'm using their Blue line program. The CS comes as is... the C2 comes with 3 extra mags and a mounting plate for free. That def makes it more appealing.

View Quote

I was debating the CS but ended up getting the C2 Duo since I am stacked in mags from my P and C2.  And the 3 extra mags and free mounting plate helped.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Do the C2 and the P share the same mags? I’m between the CS and C2 right now too. I’d like to get a P at some point and sharing mags would be nice.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do the C2 and the P share the same mags? I'm between the CS and C2 right now too. I'd like to get a P at some point and sharing mags would be nice.
View Quote
The C2 can use P mags, but the P cannot use C2 mags.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The C2 can use P mags, but the P cannot use C2 mags.
View Quote

I realize mag over insertion is a thing, but this is my vote for this reason.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Here’s a good video that approaches the comparison from a different perspective than most. He also was one of the original testers of the prototype. VIDEO
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:29:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought the the P, C2, and XC this week (it’s been an expensive week lol). I went with the C2 for carry as people I know and videos I’ve watched show the CS to be very snappy in comparison. I also have the hands of a mountain gorilla so the larger C2 grip was a plus for me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Hi,
I have both the C2 Duo (two years) and the CS (two weeks), both with RMRcc RDSs.  I've got just under 5,000 rounds on the C2 without a single issue!  I've got 400 rounds through the CS, again without any issues.  On paper, they are both similar in size and weight.  However, after putting 100 rounds through the CS and then going to the C2, the latter feels like a brick.  Not a "bad brick", but just bigger and heavier.  The recoil impulse is only modestly greater with the CS over the C2.  Also, I've had the grip reduction on the C2, so it's not just the grip size.  

For CCW, I'd strongly vote for the CS, which I carry in either a Crossbreed IWB or a Blackpoint OWB (same holsters I've used with the C2).  For occasional CCW, range or home defense, I'd recommend the C2.  I will probably send the C2 off to Staccato to have a threaded barrel fitted to make it a host for my suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I bought the the P, C2, and XC this week (it’s been an expensive week lol). I went with the C2 for carry as people I know and videos I’ve watched show the CS to be very snappy in comparison. I also have the hands of a mountain gorilla so the larger C2 grip was a plus for me.
View Quote

Why not throw in the XL as well???
I would like to shoot the XL and XC side by side.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm looking to buy my first 2011... I'm seriously torn between the CS and the C2...

It would be for CCW/HD/Range...

For summer CCW I usually carry my 43X... so most of the CCW will probably be in colder months OWB since that's how I carry my Glock 19.

I've had both in my cart numerous times and can't pull the trigger... I wish both were an option but unfortunately they're not.

I like the slide and stippling better on the CS... but I like(I think) the size of the C2 better for shooting regularly.

If you could only buy one and it be your Jack of all trades... which would it be?
View Quote

My 2 cents....
Get the CS first for CCW (and HD and Range as you need to break it in)

Later get the C2 - for HD/Range
Actually I would get a full size .45 for HD

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I have both the C2 and the CS along with the P and XC.

I really do like the CS and shoot it pretty well.. as well as my C2.  I do like the grip size on the CS and it just fits my hand really really well.  I wear a med-lg golf glove.  The original c2 grip felt like a brick to me so I did the grip reduction my it and got it much closer to the CS size.   See pics below:

Stock C2 grip

After my reduction and stippling

The CS stock grip

Now... my C2 fits MUCH nicer and feels fantastic.  They both concealed very well AIWB.  

With that being said, at this very moment, if I can only have one.. it will be the C2 especially the interchangeabilities of the mags.   Now if the new style mags of the CS is the new path of Staccato.. maybe my opinion will change.   I don't regret getting the CS but I think you should go with the C2..especially with the extras that are coming with it.   That's IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#17]
C2 or a P Alum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top