Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 11:42:26 AM EDT
Well the title states is all.  Never really messed with handguns besides a good cleaning and will be buying parts for my first glock.  I got a PF45 polymer 80 frame on the way and plan to build a G20 gen 3.  I guess I will ask for a Tier 1 parts list but like triggers for AR's I would buy LaRue before doubling over for a Geisselle.  In this case I might buy the Geisselle but I do like options.  I probably will run an RMR on the slide but it might be a minute before I get that far.  This will probably be a home defense gun or rang toy, doubt I would do EDC with it but I wouldn't count that out in today's world.  

Any pitfalls of buying the wrong parts would be appreciated, such as it appears a gen 4 trigger is not the best option.  Not sure what generations of different things are compatible or not.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well the title states is all.  Never really messed with handguns besides a good cleaning and will be buying parts for my first glock.  I got a PF45 polymer 80 frame on the way and plan to build a G20 gen 3.  I guess I will ask for a Tier 1 parts list but like triggers for AR's I would buy LaRue before doubling over for a Geisselle.  In this case I might buy the Geisselle but I do like options.  I probably will run an RMR on the slide but it might be a minute before I get that far.  This will probably be a home defense gun or rang toy, doubt I would do EDC with it but I wouldn't count that out in today's world.  

Any pitfalls of buying the wrong parts would be appreciated, such as it appears a gen 4 trigger is not the best option.  Not sure what generations of different things are compatible or not.
View Quote
You will definitely want to use a Gen 4 G21/21SF trigger housing with the Polymer 80 PF45 frame. A Gen 3 trigger housing will not work.

The Marine Gun Builder forum is a great place to get help building Polymer 80 frames and the web site has great videos to help.

Marine Gun Builder

There is also a great video explaining how to fix the Gen 4 trigger housing to fit properly into the PF45 frame.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, +1 on Marine Gun Builder.  Videos are a little long-winded, but great.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
You will definitely want to use a Gen 4 G21/21SF trigger housing with the Polymer 80 PF45 frame. A Gen 3 trigger housing will not work.

The Marine Gun Builder forum is a great place to get help building Polymer 80 frames and the web site has great videos to help.

Marine Gun Builder

There is also a great video explaining how to fix the Gen 4 trigger housing to fit properly into the PF45 frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RLQFFIk4dU

Thanks....off to go research.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Get all Glock OEM parts. No fancy gold barrels, etc. For the trigger, just lightly deburr metal-to-metal contact points (if necessary) and polish metal-to-metal contact points (bird's beak, connector, cruciform, shark fin, safety plunger, top/rear of cruciform and striker sear.

Run it and if you feel like you need to change something, pick up a minus connector and a Johnny Glocks trigger shoe (it is Glock OEM and has a smooth face, shaved trigger safety and pre-travel adjustment).
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I am looking at purchasing a few mags, will regular 15 round Gen 4 G20 mags work?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes Gen 4 magazines work just fine in the PF45 frames. My OEM G21 magazines are a mix of Gen 3 and 4.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes Gen 4 magazines work just fine in the PF45 frames. My OEM G21 magazines are a mix of Gen 3 and 4.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top