Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2020 9:13:25 AM EDT
I have used hybrid holsters from crossbreed, theis, and stealthgear along with some all kydex vedder holsters.

There are always pros and cons to everything, and I currently see some posts with cons to hybrid holsters.  

What are the pros/cons of hybrid holsters?

Do you think they are overblown?

Do you prefer all kydex?

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer all kydex, leather once it breaks in and gets very loose can work its way into the trigger guard. When I use a hybrid holster, I get Horsehide, tighter grain and much better for sweat.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer all kydex, leather once it breaks in and gets very loose can work its way into the trigger guard. When I use a hybrid holster, I get Horsehide, tighter grain and much better for sweat.
View Quote

Only if you actually use it.  I prefer all kydex and it must have adjustable retention.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used a CrossBreed SuperTuck for my Glocks and am currently using an Alien Gear for my Shield. For me, they work very well and I can't see any real downsides. The leather is more comfortable against your skin than bare kydex and molds to your side to help with comfort and concealability. True, they cover a large part of your side, but to me, that just helps spread out the weight to help with comfort. While it does get warm and humid here in NE Ohio during the summer, it isn't like Arizona or Florida, so the sweat resistance of kydex isn't really that big of a deal to me. Comfort is more of a concern, and even on those rare occasions that it is wet with sweat, the leather backer is more comfortable than kydex. It is all about preferences and what an individual wants. For me, hybrid holsters work and, for many years now, work well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, hybrid have their problems. Namely the leather holding sweat.

I use Black Arch for my IWB carry. Very comfortable, and now they have mesh backers with a plastic vapor barrier in them. Much more friendly to your pistol.

Full kydex is for OWB.

I'd like to know what kind of cheap junk leather was used that anyone had a hybrid collapse on them.

Honorable mention to DeSantis for their neoprene hybrids.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a black arch for my Vp9sk, very comfortable and no issues
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
For me Comp tac hybrids are more comfortable, but re-holstering is not the safest thing you with a gun. Great for carry but once the gun comes out it stays out.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For me Comp tac hybrids are more comfortable, but re-holstering is not the safest thing you with a gun. Great for carry but once the gun comes out it stays out.
View Quote

Sucks when you cant drill with your carry gear
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sucks when you cant drill with your carry gear
View Quote

I've yet to see this problem with a hybrid. Absolutely have this problem with a full nylon BUG holster though, but I figured it would be an issue when I bought it.

I know you're not a fatty 03RN, so what gives, why do you think it happens, is it happening to you? I thought this was the whole point of the hybrid, that the plastic keeps it from collapsing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top