Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2023 11:41:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple]
I'm looking at compact .45ACP carry guns, specifically with a 10+1 capacity. The Glock 30S and Springfield XD are similar in that regard, and I have owned both long ago.

But how is the XDM Elite .45 compact? That I have not tried yet, and it seems like a nice combination of features.

Too bad we will probably never have a Hellcat (Pro size) in .45... That I would buy immediately.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Bersa and Rock Island make them too. Para Ordnance made one too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought the new XD M Elite in 45 cal , I looked and looked when I would find one liked the new type trigger , sights were good felt good in hand , has a small mag funnel . this had 6 new mags that came with it . I bought it a few bak , have a Desantis leather open top holster for it don`t even know u have it with a good belt , shot maybe 150 rds not a problem , friends of mine have the older XD in 45 , shoot the crap out of them and never clean them ,never a problem.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:34:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: devildog93] [#3]
I carry the xdm elite compact in 45 and shoot it weekly. My favorite gun at the moment. Trigger is pretty damn good, gun handles well and it seems to eat everything. If I was going to get an improvement when I snapped my fingers I think I would like the grip improved. Maybe some texture like the hellcat in a more ergonomic grip. Something like a PDP grip would be nice. Other than that, pretty damn happy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By devildog93:
I carry the xdm elite compact in 45 and shoot it weekly. My favorite gun at the moment. Trigger is pretty damn good, gun handles well and it seems to eat everything. If I was going to get an improvement when I snapped my fingers I think I would like the grip improved. Maybe dome texture like the hellcat in a more ergonomic grip. Something like a PDP grip would be nice. Other than that, pretty damn happy.
View Quote

Springfield used to make that gun, it was the XD Mod.2 with the infamous grip zone.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish they made the XDM Elite in a full sized 45.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 4FishLimit:

Springfield used to make that gun, it was the XD Mod.2 with the infamous grip zone.

View Quote

I fixed it with some talon grips. Grip is pretty good now.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
I wish they made the XDM Elite in a full sized 45.
View Quote

Agreed. I own an XDm-45, now discontinued, and the elite 3.8.

The 3.8 is very soft-shooting for a 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top