Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2019 10:41:31 PM EDT
My apologies if this is dupe but I’m looking to get a Safariland holster for my TP9SA MOD2. I’d like to get a safariland holster for it and I hear G19 or 17 holsters tend to fit, sometimes M&P and Walthers. Does anyone have experience with their Caniks in a safariland holster?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
since it's a Walther copy!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:53:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCopp] [#2]
you'll more than likely need to use a heatgun if you buy a specific Glock holster.  I run their 578GLS holster with my Canik without issue.  That freaking holster is amazing and the SafariSeven material is less abrasive on the gun finish.  Canik's are cerakoted.

Link Posted: 10/20/2019 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been using the Safariland 568 holster with one of my Elites for "in the hills" carry. The suede lining did cut down the finish wear to the Tungsten Cerakote immediately. It didn't take many presentations from the factory holster to show serious rub marks on it.
I wish more companies would line their Kydex, i would easily pay extra for it, because it does work to cut down wear immensely.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The 578GLS works great with mine.  Fits the SFX as well

Are you only wanting Safariland?

Smokey Mountain Concealment and RedX are 2 of the better holster makers for Canik IMO.  They have lots of options and will do something custom if needed.  They offer coupon codes frequently too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By everready73:
The 578GLS works great with mine.  Fits the SFX as well

Are you only wanting Safariland?

Smokey Mountain Concealment and RedX are 2 of the better holster makers for Canik IMO.  They have lots of options and will do something custom if needed.  They offer coupon codes frequently too.
View Quote
I’ve actually got a RedX and I like it. My desire for a safariland stems from me having a drop leg rig and I typically wear that when coaching at the range. Figured it was time for a switch up from my 1911.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LARman0311:

I’ve actually got a RedX and I like it. My desire for a safariland stems from me having a drop leg rig and I typically wear that when coaching at the range. Figured it was time for a switch up from my 1911.
View Quote
I believe Smokey Mountain or Redx would do a custom with the option to add a safariland drop leg attachment like the UBL.

I have used the midride UBL on my 578GLS and it worked well.  I ended up going with the Proctor Holster hanger mount to drop the gun a bit off of my hip because I wear a 1.5'' belt and they have that size.  The UBL is larger, but a ziptie did work to secure it to the belt.

I would go with the Safariland 578GLS and use it with the mid or low UBL if you want a drop leg.  That would probably be your best bet for a quality, good value option.  I like that the GLS has a retention system as well.  It isnt considered level 2 but does prevent the gun from coming out when running etc.

Walmart carries the 578 GLS (at least where i live).  It fits like 225 guns and can be adjusted.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Found this old video but don't see this holster available from Safariland. I see it on Optics Planet https://www.opticsplanet.com/canik-level-3-retention-duty-holster.html but its expensive as fuck and I know Optics Planet can be stupid about backordered items.

Safariland seriously needs to release a ALS line for the Canik family already, Level 3 SLS+ALS is too much for non LE like myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top