Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2020 11:01:37 AM EDT
I have a 1911 with a Dawson Rail. I recently ordered a Surefire x300u-a and the appropriate adapters from Cylinder and Slide to modify the light for the Dawson Rail.  I do not have the light yet, but from what I can tell, once mounted on the gun it should not be any different dimensions than a Surefire x300 on a factory railed 1911.  Now I am in search of a left handed strong side OWB holster for this combo.

I have never owned or handled a kydex holster before but I am willing to give one a try if it is a better option.  Usage will be concealed carry during winter months with a heavy winter jacket that will easily conceal large OWB holsters.

I usually make my own holsters out of leather. But I haven't done it in a while and I don't have the supplies. Plus without having a design already, I will probably waist way more money in materials trying to come up with a design that works with a light mounted than if I just went and bought a holster somewhere.  

Looking for:
leather or kydex  
Left handed
Outside the waistband
1911 & Surefire X300
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Ktmech
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
C. Rusty Sherrick

LAPD SIS holster horsehide and $120.00

http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/tacticallite.html
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ktmech
View Quote
You just cost me $105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top