Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2019 12:26:10 PM EDT
So far, my Google-Fu has only come up with a couple results. I run M&P9 and Glocks and have a light I swap around depending on the day, so the holsters that grab the light primarily are a nice feature.

https://www.armordilloconcealment.com/products/x-fer-v2

https://www.burnproofgear.com/product/sph/

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/ragnaroksd/

So far the Burn Proof Gear is the only one I could use right now. But that's mostly due to me having a TLR-1 and not a surefire light. But I'm not a fan of drop leg rigs, and I'd rather not have to spend another $200 to use a holster. Other than the Velcro adjustable Condor universal holster, is there anything else out there? Are there any nylon holsters that can take the heat?

Ideally I could find something I could use one handed and in low light and/or NVD shooting. I'm looking to be able to re-holster once done firing without it being an issue.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me to what you use to get the job done. It doesn't even need to be pretty, just functional. TIA
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
https://gladiusholsters.com/product/can-caddy-holster/

I forgot to post this one. But you cant have the light attached. There's always a catch....
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
(FIRST!!)
Found this, looks kinda coo

https://www.optactical.com/racoeihosy.html

You put the OP in optactical :)
Originally was trying to imagine a leather holster type rig made of suppressor cover materials, i condone DIY activities.

(Edit, get an oven mit, turn it inside out and sew in belt loops on it )

But that masterfire tho...
https://www.surefire.com/masterfire-holster.html
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I would think just about any amateur kydex folder could make what you are looking for.
There are several on here that do nice work, I've gotten good conventional holsters from goodmedicine.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would think just about any amateur kydex folder could make what you are looking for.
There are several on here that do nice work, I've gotten good conventional holsters from goodmedicine.
View Quote
My first thought as well.
Kydex is heat sensitive, its how they form the shape
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Since you are using a tlr 1 maybe try the chop mod on a Blackhawk omnivore, a few people have tried it with good success and while rentention is reduced it's still more than no active rentention at all
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Crye Gunclip
View Quote
This is one of the better options for Glocks anyway.

The problem with any "pull-through" type holster with a suppressor mounted will come from the fact that most center-rifle suppressors are wider than the slide and frame of the pistol they're mounted on.  So, since the suppressor has to pass through the holster first, the holster would have to be over-sized in the right place to let the can slip though.  This of course leads to a sloppy fit to the gun itself when it rests in the holster.  Cheaper, soft-sided fabric holsters with wide open bottoms might be able to do it, but rigidity and retention may be poor and you would ideally want heat-resistant fabrics in cases of re-inserting a recently fired can.  Conventional kydex designs are right out for the most part due to the shape requirement and their rigidity, plus the added concern of a hot can passing through the thermoplastic and deforming or melting it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The problem with any "pull-through" type holster with a suppressor mounted will come from the fact that most center-rifle suppressors are wider than the slide and frame of the pistol they're mounted on.  So, since the suppressor has to pass through the holster first, the holster would have to be over-sized in the right place to let the can slip though.  This of course leads to a sloppy fit to the gun itself when it rests in the holster.  Cheaper, soft-sided fabric holsters with wide open bottoms might be able to do it, but rigidity and retention may be poor and you would ideally want heat-resistant fabrics in cases of re-inserting a recently fired can.  Conventional kydex designs are right out for the most part due to the shape requirement and their rigidity, plus the added concern of a hot can passing through the thermoplastic and deforming or melting it.
View Quote
Yep yep yep!
a question like this should have gotten asked during the development of USSOCOMs OHWS program? (And since then?) Surely they had something for the mod0 with a KAC can and LAM
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Garandthumb reviewed the Surefire one a while back, although I don’t know if they’ve made any improvements since then, but his tldr is that it’s pretty much dangerous to use it for any activity where you’d need to access your weapon to save a life. Any sort of pressure on the side of it or from the mag plate end forces it to lock up and the gun is unable to be drawn.  The trex arms one looks pretty good but again you are stuck needing the specific light although I *think* they will be expanding the design to cover more lights (check their YouTube channel for the demo and discussion of it)
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Garandthumb reviewed the Surefire one a while back, although I don’t know if they’ve made any improvements since then, but his tldr is that it’s pretty much dangerous to use it for any activity where you’d need to access your weapon to save a life. Any sort of pressure on the side of it or from the mag plate end forces it to lock up and the gun is unable to be drawn.  The trex arms one looks pretty good but again you are stuck needing the specific light although I *think* they will be expanding the design to cover more lights (check their YouTube channel for the demo and discussion of it)
View Quote
He actually has a note saying that the retention is so low its unsafe to use his design with the tlr lights. T-Rex Arms is my go to for most of my pouches and holsters. Although I still prefer the Safariland over his Ragnarok personally.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I might look at the CRY one, but I like the idea of the folded kydex the most. The nylon one would be more for the .22's than anything else
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Surely they had something for the mod0 with a KAC can and LAM
View Quote
They did.

It was the LBT-1794B (by London Bridge Trading Co.) in black for USSOCOM.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

LBT-1794B manufactured to NSW/Crane specifications - additional flap for added retention, (accommodates the LAM and suppressor)
LBT-1794C not manufactured to NSW/Crane specifications - no additional flap, (accommodates the LAM and suppressor)

Attachment Attached File
Top Top