Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2020 12:37:33 PM EDT
Many times when pawn shops take in a handgun, they throw the holster in a box for separate sale. I've found some unexpected jewels that I wanted to try from a host of makers that I would not pay full retail for just to try them out. A five or ten buck mistake is more palatable than a $40 to $60 (and up) one.

For anyone looking to try out a new style of carry pawn shops are a good resource.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
My local pawn shops are a joke.  When you can go to a full time LGS and get better deals, you know your pawn shops suck.

One near my house just went out of business.  Tits up.  Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I found a milt sparks at a local ez pawn for $7 and all my glocks ride in safari land bought used at other local pawn shops across Texas.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been lucky finding three different K frame Bianchi holsters at different gun shows, also speedloader cases.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been lucky finding three different K frame Bianchi holsters at different gun shows, also speedloader cases.
View Quote
That used to be a typical gun show down here, when individuals and collectors of all sorts would attend. Nowadays the municipalities are "cracking down" on illegal gun transfers by not allowing private owners to display at gun shows, and all the feds have to do is give individuals a toll free number to check a prospective buyer. Nope...

As it is I think dealers don't want to waste booth / table / van space on boxes of used holsters so pawn shops and some gun stores have decent finds.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Pawn shops around here have over priced tool and Sega video games.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pawn shops around here have over priced tool and Sega video games.
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I got two speedloader cases for $5 ea at two different shops.   One is a duty belt type, the other is a belt straddling type (two .357s hang behind the belt).
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I find REALLY cheap holsters in rummage boxes at gun shows here - but not a lot of need as no legal handguns here that still fit them (with a tiny tiny exception to that rule) unless you are really into airsoft!

Tend to hang onto any speed-loader pouches that I find, as I still have a need/use for them.

If I find decent holsters I mail them to a mate in FL, I also keep various army issue types for templates/reference
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep and speed loader pouches work fine for 10 round 1022 mags.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I will go to a couple of locas gun stores.  I always ask if they have a box with used stuff they want to sell.

I can buy a bunch of used holsters, gun boxes, reloading stuff and gun parts for next to nothing.  Most holsters I get for less than $5.

The best deal I got was a box for $40. It had 20 Redding shell plates for one of their progressive loaders, K98 parts, a bunch of Kramer and other leather holsters.

I sold all of it and made around $700
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top