Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 11/20/2023 9:24:38 AM EDT
Holosun has come out with a new direct mount (no adapter plate necessary) optic for the VP9.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  I would like to mount to my VP9 Tactical, but I'm concerned the suppressor height sights will be too tall.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You will have issues with the SCS on most guns with taller sights, from what I have read, as the Tactical model is meant to be used suppressed. The sights block a good portion of the window of the rds and from what I have found out, you will have to swap out sights in order for the SCS to work. I have a VP9L with the taller sights and feel your pain. I actually went to the Viridian RFX 35 with the mounting plate and it works great with the taller sights, as all rds will, and it gives me a larger window,kind of the like the Trijicon SRO. It is also a green dot like the SCS.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Your suppressor sights will almost certainly be too tall. I have an SCS on a VP9 Match with the standard height sights, and it lollipops perfectly. Dunno if there's enough elevation adjustment to clear the suppressor sights, but I'd guess it would be at the max at best.

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By airman100:
Your suppressor sights will almost certainly be too tall. I have an SCS on a VP9 Match with the standard height sights, and it lollipops perfectly. Dunno if there's enough elevation adjustment to clear the suppressor sights, but I'd guess it would be at the max at best.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184049/IMG_2175-2992976.jpg
View Quote

Wouldn't adjusting the elevation up on the sight just make me shoot low?

Looks like I need a plate and standard optic.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top