Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2023 8:46:08 AM EDT
I was about to pull the trigger on the Holosun SCS open emitter for MOS when I saw they offer a closed emitter SCS for the Sig/DPP pattern.

Anybody know if the closed emitter option for MOS is in the works? my google-fu is failing me
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was about to pull the trigger on the Holosun SCS open emitter for MOS when I saw they offer a closed emitter SCS for the Sig/DPP pattern.

Anybody know if the closed emitter option for MOS is in the works? my google-fu is failing me
View Quote

Not sure if it will ever work because of how enclosed sights have to attach.  Similar to how picatinny attachments work enclosed emitters have a horizontal lock down versus open with the vertical screws stabbing into the slide/plate.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not sure if it will ever work because of how enclosed sights have to attach.  Similar to how picatinny attachments work enclosed emitters have a horizontal lock down versus open with the vertical screws stabbing into the slide/plate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://holosun.com/products/reflex-sight/scs/scs-320.html

This one looks like it screws straight down
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#3]
What edgecrusher means is, the DPP pattern has the screws way in the back.
RMR and others have the bolts to the front.
That limits fitting in an emitter with a proper projection pattern.

FWIW, Shield has been making a semi enclosed RMSc pattern RDS for years.
But that also interchanges with some DDP mounts.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What edgecrusher means is, the DPP pattern has the screws way in the back.
RMR and others have the bolts to the front.
That limits fitting in an emitter with a proper projection pattern.

FWIW, Shield has been making a semi enclosed RMSc pattern RDS for years.
But that also interchanges with some DDP mounts.
View Quote

Ohh ok
I have only 1 pistol with Rds, g19.5mos with the FCD rmr2 plate and rmr 2

Wanted to branch out for a g17.5 for range use and see what's out there. The SCS looks neat but closed emitter looks awesomer
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Sort of want gif.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#6]
https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/opf-g-dpp.html

Forward Controls Design makes a DPP to MOS plate.
That's as good as it gets.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://holosun.com/products/reflex-sight/scs/scs-320.html

This one looks like it screws straight down
View Quote

I did not know this sight existed I can dig it!  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#8]
wanted to try to ultra low SCS MOS so went and bought that, midway has 15% off currently.

If I'd gotten the DPP plate no different than any other optic, idea for this was to be super low
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Installed the SCS in mos and zeroed based off irons of gun I've never shot before

Dead on at 25 for a 4 in plate, which is good for me.

Got home to check torque using their numbers, 15in # and one screw was very loose. Turns out the head of screw snapped leaving well over 90% of threaded part in the slide.

Waiting for tomorrow to call holosun and see how they want to pay to get this screw out of my slide.

Again love the optic, screws need more qc
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Installed the SCS in mos and zeroed based off irons of gun I've never shot before

Dead on at 25 for a 4 in plate, which is good for me.

Got home to check torque using their numbers, 15in # and one screw was very loose. Turns out the head of screw snapped leaving well over 90% of threaded part in the slide.

Waiting for tomorrow to call holosun and see how they want to pay to get this screw out of my slide.

Again love the optic, screws need more qc
View Quote

Called Holosun and they will send replacement screws but I am SOL for the slide. Recommended taking to gunsmith and will NOT reimburse.
I get why as they don't know if I torqued down to 60in # but also I'd expect screws to last longer than the 3 weeks I had it mounted for and 30 rounds I put through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top