Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2020 8:59:16 AM EDT
looking to impulse buy an optic for my OR P-10S today and have it narrowed down to a holosun 508Tv2 or an RMR. The holosun looks much larger / bulkier, anyone happen to have a pic of a p-10S with a 508Tv2? If i go RMR, whats the latest 2-3moa version?  Ideally would love an SRO but out of my budget
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My P-01 should be done getting milled in the next few days. I have a 508T going on it. I have had RMRs mounted before, but cannot see how it is the better option vs the Holosun. I'll update with pics and opinions when I can.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
looking to impulse buy an optic for my OR P-10S today and have it narrowed down to a holosun 508Tv2 or an RMR. The holosun looks much larger / bulkier, anyone happen to have a pic of a p-10S with a 508Tv2? If i go RMR, whats the latest 2-3moa version?  Ideally would love an SRO but out of my budget
View Quote

In terms of size, they're basically the same.  The Holosun is marginally larger, but still nowhere near as big as the SRO or DPP.  This is good for me - still concealable, less blue tint, the larger window makes it that much easier to track to the dot in recoil.  I have 3 RMR's and once my annual battery changing session came around, the holosun stayed on my carry gun (P10c)
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Different pistol and sight but I have a G19 and 17 with a 507c and 507cv2 on my pistols.  I originally had RMR type 2 but I had a run of bad luck and got some bad sights.  I like the RMR a lot but I kind of got burned so I tried the Holosun since it used the RMR footprint and turned out to really like them.  The window is slightly bigger which I like more than the RMR and the shake awake/solar panel/multi-reticle(I use just a dot) couple with the price sold me on the Holosun.  I have close to 4K on my first 507c and still using the first battery with it being over a year old now.  Eventually I might try the RMR again but currently I am just to happy with the Holosun line up.

Disclaimer I did get a 407cv2 first but when I received it from the moment I opened it up I was suspicious I had got someone's return.  The windage adjustment was seized and appeared like someone had got red loctite in or on the adjustment as I scraped out of the screw head slot what appeared red loctite coupled with a fingerprint right in the middle of the front glass.  I did return it and got a 507cv2 because the place I ordered it from was out of the 407cv2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top