Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2019 9:36:26 PM EDT
Any reason not to buy an HK 45? I have a USP .40 that I really enjoy and the rest of my handguns are 9mm so I feel like I need to add a .45.

I checked one out at a gun store today and it felt amazing in my hands, double action was pretty terrible but the single action was really nice. I like that it has a safety and decocker so I can keep it cocked and locked.

Anything else I should be looking at?

I did the price check thing at buds and the best I could get was under $50 less than the gun-store so I’ll support the local business
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my HK45, it's one of my favorite handguns. I would also look at a LEM variant (V7) if you can. After I tried a LEM variant for the first time I converted all of my other DA/SA HKs to LEM.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the benefit of lem? Any gun I have that is da-sa with a safety I keep it cocked and locked and never mess with the Da
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one however I did not realize until after buying that it uses a rubber O ring on the barrel as part of its lock up.  granted it shoots great but the 10 round mags are spendy and the need to keep extra O rings around is ....different.
I tend to like my 1911 better and tend to carry my Glock 21SF more often with its 13 round mag even though the H&K feels better in my hand.  YEP I still prefer the 1911
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I also like 1911’s but I think hk wins reliablilty in every way over a 1911
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the benefit of lem? Any gun I have that is da-sa with a safety I keep it cocked and locked and never mess with the Da
View Quote
I like the LEM because it is single action with no saftey, makes it like a VP9 or Glock. If your used to carrying cocked and locked though, thats cool too

Here is a video explaining it if your not familiar
HK LEM Trigger Explained
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 11:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have one however I did not realize until after buying that it uses a rubber O ring on the barrel as part of its lock up.  granted it shoots great but the 10 round mags are spendy and the need to keep extra O rings around is ....different.
I tend to like my 1911 better and tend to carry my Glock 21SF more often with its 13 round mag even though the H&K feels better in my hand.  YEP I still prefer the 1911
View Quote
The O-rings are not required to function . Without the O-ring it is just like a USP, Glock, Sig, Ect. I have like 4-5000 rounds through my full size HK45 and it still has the original O-ring. Mags are like 25-35 bucks if you shop around.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#7]
My HK45 is incredibly accurate with great ergonomics. It is a pleasure to shoot and one of my favorite pistols.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My HK45 is incredibly accurate with great ergonomics. It is a pleasure to shoot and one of my favorite pistols.
View Quote
Same here.  I love shooting my full size HK45. It’s also one of my favorites. You’ll run out of money before you wear out the O ring. And as was stated above the O ring is just to enhance accuracy and not really needed. The gun comes with extra O rings in the box .
Mags sell between 32 and 35 bucks .
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Went ahead and bought it. I’ll be taking it out tomorrow to run a mix of blazer 230gr fmj and some plated reloads I had from my g21 I sold
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Just shot mine tonight bought it new a couple weeks ago from grab a gun, it is soft-shooting, accurate and the grip feel and balance beat any and all of my full sized pistols.  Mine is the V1 trigger system, full controls with safety and decocker which is my preferred setup.

The thing is seriously soft-shooting, WWB 230 gr FMJ felt very tame.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Are they soft shooting like the USP45?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are they soft shooting like the USP45?
View Quote
I've had both and imo USP still wins out
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've had both and imo USP still wins out
View Quote
I'll have to defer to this.  I've got the USP in 40 and 40C but do not have a USP 45.  I selected the HK45 instead because it seemed to have advantages that were more important to me than the 2 round mag difference.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top