Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:

You, posting anonymously something unusual with no facts to back it up is not reference.  Your opinion and feels are just that.
View Quote
Anonymously? My screen name is my real name. How about you? And I posted an example. Life must be hard for you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Alright, calm down guys.  No need to get an awesome thread like this locked up over bickering.

Go ahead and hug it out, lol.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#3]
We haven’t used any Gen 5’s on the range. I will update with some pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]
@hendersondefense

Any info on the Caniks?  Thanks for all the awesome feedback
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By everready73:
@hendersondefense

View Quote
The Canik pistols are still running without issues. We didn't expect that to be honest.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:

The Canik pistols are still running without issues. We didn't expect that to be honest.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Thanks!  I picked one up after your last post about them.  Runs like a champ!
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#7]
@hendersondefense  any info on the sig p320s?

thanks
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By pc299:

Not to derail the thread but Glock isn’t going to discontinue Gen 3 guns when that’s all you can get in California. Also, I’m pretty sure there’s been pictures of Gen 5 G22’s for South American contracts (Brazil maybe?)
View Quote
Glock did several thousand Gen 5 G22s for a Brazilian police force. They are 2 pin guns like lol Gen 5s. They use a G37/45 GAP sized slide for extra mass which is how Glock should have done their .40 cal guns in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By myhatinthering:

thanks
View Quote
No issues with it so far.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 1:58:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toby196] [#10]

V/R
Ron
View Quote
That's definitely good to hear.  I've been pleasantly surprised by the "accuracy", dependability, and general shootability (if that's a real word, lol) of the M17-P320 I purchased about a year ago.  Previously there was nothing about the P320 series (or any other Sig, to be honest) that seemed especially appealing to me, and only purchased it as a sort of inexpensive "collector" type gun to add to my several other imitation/fake military small arms.

But I have been genuinely impressed with the "P320-M17" I bought, despite the fact that I've never been a big Sig-Sauer "fan", and I didn't have any high expectations of the gun being anything special or superior to the huge selection of other polymer-framed/striker-fired pistols currently available from other companies.  But, after owning and using it, I do like this pistol, so I'm definitely curious to see how well they perform and hold-up when subjected to the heavy/frequent use that they are bound to see at Battlefield Las Vegas (even more so considering that a U.S. soldier's life may possibly depend on it).

Anyway, thank you again HendersonDefense for starting and participating in this thread, because it's an incredible and invaluable resource (in fact, the best resource in my own opinion) for evaluating the "toughness" or functional longevity of all the popular/mainstream firearms out there that are commonly seen on TV and in movies (as well as in video games).  So again, thanks for this thread.  If I ever find myself in the Las Vegas region, Battlefield Las Vegas will definitely be the first "tourist attraction" I go to.  And sorry everyone for the overly long, rambling post.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the updates and great information Sir!! Any changes in 1911 use, anything doing better than others? Thank you!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:
Thanks for the updates and great information Sir!! Any changes in 1911 use, anything doing better than others? Thank you!!
View Quote
I will try and get pictures but we've lost approximately six 1911's so far this year. They include Rock Island and Sig and they both suffered from cracks in the receiver. I don't know enough about 1911's to tell you where they cracked but it's near the center close to the magazine well.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]

V/R
Ron
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By myhatinthering:

thanks

V/R
Ron
thanks.  not to be a pia but heavy use?
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Please update on the round count for the Caniks. Extremely interested because in 2015 I was in the same boat as your armored and the TP9SA was the only thing that I could afford to fit what I needed and years later and 5000 rounds down the pipe it’s been fantastic. Wanted to get a Glock then and I’ve been looking at getting a new pistol and I always wondered how reliable my Canik really was and you’re report of reliability along with that others and myself have seen have me considering getting another TP9 but just the compact Elite version. So I would love to hear more reports on this pistol. Do you consider it as reliable as the Glock or at least as reliable as the other major handguns you use from the major manufacturers? I’m extremely careful with my money and these pistols just have such insane value and have blown me away. I’m glad to hear you guys somewhat feel the same way! Thank you for what you do to provide this information it really does help us broke folk feel good about what we can afford to protect our family. And that goes for all of your threads really!
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 2:21:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 556A2:
Nice

Not surprised that the G17, 92FS, and P226 hold up to high round counts with ease.
View Quote
As if by design.......
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 97octane:
Please update on the round count for the Caniks. Extremely interested because in 2015 I was in the same boat as your armored and the TP9SA was the only thing that I could afford to fit what I needed and years later and 5000 rounds down the pipe it’s been fantastic. Wanted to get a Glock then and I’ve been looking at getting a new pistol and I always wondered how reliable my Canik really was and you’re report of reliability along with that others and myself have seen have me considering getting another TP9 but just the compact Elite version. So I would love to hear more reports on this pistol. Do you consider it as reliable as the Glock or at least as reliable as the other major handguns you use from the major manufacturers? I’m extremely careful with my money and these pistols just have such insane value and have blown me away. I’m glad to hear you guys somewhat feel the same way! Thank you for what you do to provide this information it really does help us broke folk feel good about what we can afford to protect our family. And that goes for all of your threads really!
View Quote
We quit keeping a round count on these pistols a long time ago. They run and run and have said before that I can't believe how good of a bargain this pistol is for the price. We haven't needed to order any more or send in for repair as they are super reliable. I do know that a few minor parts have been replaced since we first started using them and I'll ask the staff which part or parts they were.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I've scanned through this thread and didn't see it addressed; I've recently discover the CZ 75 B and love it.  Have these been on the line?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#18]
@hendersondefense

View Quote
I love my TP9SFX. Great pistol so far.  Getting close to 2000 rounds. No issues on ammo. It's not picky.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:20:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bzltyr:
I love my TP9SFX. Great pistol so far.  Getting close to 2000 rounds. No issues on ammo. It's not picky.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bzltyr:
@hendersondefense

I'm going to sort of go ahead and disagree with you there.  I got a lot of stovepipes and bolt-over-base malfs with minor power factor 9mm until I went to a larger powder charge (about 145 PF).   The TP9SFX could greatly benefit from the lighter recoil spring (available on the aftermarket) if you are a competitor who reloads.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 6:12:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#20]
Originally Posted By ryann:
I've scanned through this thread and didn't see it addressed; I've recently discover the CZ 75 B and love it.  Have these been on the line?
View Quote

Asked & answered several pages back.  The CZ is unknown among 99% of Battlefield’s customers, so no one asks for it.

Most of Battlefield’s customers are tourists who know certain guns only through video games.  Those video game guns are popular with the customers and therefore make the most money for Battlefield.   Some historical guns are known from movies; those also get rented.

No one outside the gun owner community has ever heard of the CZ.  

All the Canik models Battlefield has for rent are Walther P99 copies (no CZ copies - although Canik certainly makes many, many types of 75s).  Those are cheap and are rented by unknowing tourists who think they look cool.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks again for doing these threads.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
Thanks again for doing these threads.
View Quote
And for making me spend money looks like I'm going looking for canik.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

And for making me spend money looks like I'm going looking for canik.  
View Quote
@2tired2run

I have 2 and they are great guns.  Not sure what model you are after , but Grabagun and other sites have the "one" series.  You can grab them for around $250.  Only downside is one mag instead of 2, but would get you up and running.  I bought a one series SF because i already had an SFX and multiple mags which both can use.  Even if you go with the regular option they are priced great

Just a heads up... Smokey Mountain Concealment and RedX gear are 2 of the better holster makers for them.  The safariland 578GLS standard frame also fits both the guns i have
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 2:23:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Probably going to be some down time for the next couple of weeks....now might be a good time to ask additional questions and get some updates.

I'm interested in if PSA has sent their 9mm Dagger pistol to be tested and how it is doing...round count...etc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Any plans for Gen 5 Glocks yet?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:10:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nihilsum] [#26]
As are all of the Battlefield Vegas threads, this is an interesting read.

I am surprised the Beretta M92 and derivatives are holding up as well as reported. Training units or other places with high round counts during workups would break them at a high rate- typically locking blocks and trigger return springs, less often cracked slides.

I wonder if this could be due to them shooting M882 ball exclusively, which at least feels pretty snappy compared to a lot of commercial loads.

As with any firearm, less hot ammunition can have a significant effect on part wear and service life.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By nihilsum:
As are all of the Battlefield Vegas threads, this is an interesting read.

I am surprised the Beretta M92 and derivatives are holding up as well as reported. Training units or other places with high round counts during workups would break them at a high rate- typically locking blocks and trigger return springs, less often cracked slides.

I wonder if this could be due to them shooting M882 ball exclusively, which at least feels pretty snappy compared to a lot of commercial loads.

As with any firearm, less hot ammunition can have a significant effect on part wear and service life.
View Quote

Almost all of those issues were the Army using the wrong ammo early on, and not listening to Beretta's service interval on springs. If you use the ammo it was designed for and replace springs when they ware out the 92 series Beretta's are very reliable.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#28]
@HendersonDefense

Any update on how things are going?
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:04:13 AM EDT
[#29]

I will try and get pictures but we've lost approximately six 1911's so far this year. They include Rock Island and Sig and they both suffered from cracks in the receiver. I don't know enough about 1911's to tell you where they cracked but it's near the center close to the magazine well.

V/R
Ron
View Quote

@hendersondefense

I really want to see ya'lls syrian T-62 you're restoring and the m60.

Link Posted: 7/2/2020 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Springfield Hellcat on your radar yet? Walther PPQ M2 Navy 9mm? Thank you for your service to this forum
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#31]
This thread is amazing.  I joined AR15.com and bought a TP9sf Elite because of it.  

I'm going to say that without reading this thread documenting them taking tons of abuse, I never would have even considered a Canik.  Heck, I didn't know they existed.

Thanks for sharing the experiences.

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Asked & answered several pages back.  The CZ is unknown among 99% of Battlefield’s customers, so no one asks for it.

Most of Battlefield’s customers are tourists who know certain guns only through video games.  Those video game guns are popular with the customers and therefore make the most money for Battlefield.   Some historical guns are known from movies; those also get rented.

All the Canik models Battlefield has for rent are Walther P99 copies (no CZ copies - although Canik certainly makes many, many types of 75s).  Those are cheap and are rented by unknowing tourists who think they look cool.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
Originally Posted By ryann:

The rental sp01 tactical we had at my range snapped it's slidestop/takedown pin.  Not very high round count either.  I'd have a spare or two if that were my go to gun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:40:55 AM EDT
[#33]
I only skimmed through the thread so sorry if it's been asked, but any notable issues with MIM parts?
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I have read most of this. I am about sure he will say “no.” You can see most of these are slide or frame failures, and maybe barrel separation or failure.

Those details are in the weeds to some extent. We discuss mim and bar stock parts for 1911s all the time, but the arguments rely on usage and design.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#35]
your threads just keep giving and giving.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#36]
We haven’t used any Gen 5’s on the range. I will update with some pics tomorrow.
View Quote

Since we’re approaching a year from this comment, I hope you’ve gotten a Gen 5 Glock on the line.  I’m curious whether gen 3/4 slide cracking issues will arise in the 5’s after receiving the “Henderson Treatment”.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#37]
AWESOME THREAD!!
I love to hear about these real world torture tests and your validation as to the most reliable pistols is exactly why I joined AR-15 back in '01
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Do you have any FN509s in your inventory?
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Still a great thread, thanks again Ron for all your efforts on this.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Just found this thread (and the others) and I wanted to say that I appreciate the time you’ve committed to keeping up with the demands of them. I need to get my 3 boys down to Vegas to see y’all.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#41]
My first post here.  Ron this thread is awesome!  Thanks for taking the time to provide all this info.  I used to be in Vegas once a year for RECON, so I’ll be back next December and will stop by for some shooting fun!  I know exactly where you are.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll get some updated info this week. I should have a little time off for Thanksgiving and go through and try and answer questions regarding the various experiences we've had with the pistols.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll get some updated info this week. I should have a little time off for Thanksgiving and go through and try and answer questions regarding the various experiences we've had with the pistols.

V/R
Ron
View Quote

Thanks! Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#44]

V/R
Ron
View Quote

Happy to see you’re back!
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Very entertaining read, thanks for all the continued updates Ron
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Would also like to hear about Gen5 Glocks.  Thanks Ron.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Bump for guaranteed freshness
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:56:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Thank u Ron... great info and contribution to the community...
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#49]
We've seen a HUGE reduction with the slides cracking in our Gen 5 Glocks. Also, when something does break... they STILL warranty our guns without question. I've had so many friends over the years since we opened Battlefield Vegas ask me which pistol I would choose I could only pick one. I always tell them.. I love the FEEL of the Sig P226 but if I had ONE gun that I had to carry for the rest of my life, it would be Glock.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#50]
We've seen a HUGE reduction with the slides cracking in our Gen 5 Glocks. Also, when something does break... they STILL warranty our guns without question. I've had so many friends over the years since we opened Battlefield Vegas ask me which pistol I would choose I could only pick one. I always tell them.. I love the FEEL of the Sig P226 but if I had ONE gun that I had to carry for the rest of my life, it would be Glock.

V/R
Ron
View Quote

I really appreciate the update HendersonDefense.  And that's good news to hear that the Gen5 slides are less prone to cracking.  Maybe Glock found a way to fortify the "weak" point that was causing more cracks before.

Oh, and I have to admit, that as a Glock owner/carrier myself, it's somewhat comforting knowing that a person with your experience in the field of heavily used pistols would choose a Glock.  I'll sleep more peacefully tonight as I curl up beside mine, lol.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top