Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you had any luck with the gen 4 glocks with changing the rsa earlier, or was the cracking limited to that one batch of guns?
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Inquiring about the Canik TP9s to this point on the line?

And any info on longevity of a Sig SP2022, though that is likely not a common gun.

My own TP9 has gone over 6k of barnual steel case with no cleaning or lube whatsoever! Appears to have the most open tolerances of all my 9s despite being one of the most accurate, as all others (sigs, glocks, arex, fn) have required cleaning and/or new springs to keep going. My go to sig p226 is always clean to be sure it will work, but I just like the mechanical test on the others running them dirty, etc... Thinking of cleaning up the TP9 as my go #2. It's been amazing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By andeo1025:
Have you had any luck with the gen 4 glocks with changing the rsa earlier, or was the cracking limited to that one batch of guns?
View Quote
Curious about this too...
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wyoak41:
Inquiring about the Canik TP9s to this point on the line?

And any info on longevity of a Sig SP2022, though that is likely not a common gun.

My own TP9 has gone over 6k of barnual steel case with no cleaning or lube whatsoever! Appears to have the most open tolerances of all my 9s despite being one of the most accurate, as all others (sigs, glocks, arex, fn) have required cleaning and/or new springs to keep going. My go to sig p226 is always clean to be sure it will work, but I just like the mechanical test on the others running them dirty, etc... Thinking of cleaning up the TP9 as my go #2. It's been amazing.
View Quote
The Canik TP9's are still running like a champ with no issues!

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
How are the HK pistols holding up? Any approximate round count on them?
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AJR576:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AJR576:
Originally Posted By andeo1025:
The staff do swap them out on a more regular basis and they do last longer. I don't know exact intervals (at home today) but I do notice the slides getting sent back as often.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:

The staff do swap them out on a more regular basis and they do last longer. I don't know exact intervals (at home today) but I do notice the slides getting sent back as often.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Thanks Ron, I'm assuming that you meant to say that you "don't notice the slides getting sent back as often."?

When you have a chance to speak with them, it would be good to know more about the intervals and how that's affecting the average slide life.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Have you guys added the p365 to your fleet?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:22:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#9]
Originally Posted By boolzi:
View Quote
HA!  In case the customer wants to experience what its like to use a grenade?  

I thought they primarily focused on guns from movies, video games, and other pop culture.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By boolzi:
View Quote
We have not added on one to our inventory. Like the other member posted, we try to keep it limited to movie, video game or historical guns.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I was hanging out with the armorers the other day and saw a HK USP on the cart for repair. I've never seen one down for repair so I started talking to them and they said that the HK's have gone down but it's usually this one spring. They said this is the weak link on the pistol but I will follow up and ask how many times we've had to replace this spring.

V/R
Ron

Link Posted: 8/11/2018 3:27:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 22caliberKIDD] [#12]
I was hanging out with the armorers the other day and saw a HK USP on the cart for repair. I've never seen one down for repair so I started talking to them and they said that the HK's have gone down but it's usually this one spring. They said this is the weak link on the pistol but I will follow up and ask how many times we've had to replace this spring.

V/R
Ron

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125089/HK_sear_catch_flat_spring-636018.jpg
View Quote
I'm very interested in hearing the info on this. This same spring is used in the P30,HK45 and P2000 line as well. Only about a $10 part but not the easiest to replace unless you're comfortable detail stripping your pistol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#13]
As an HK45 owner I am interested as well, but I'll venture a guess that I'll never put enough rounds through mine to reach the point of that spring breaking.  How many rounds were on that HK when it let go?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#14]
What do you guys have on the line in 10mm and do you use some warm stuff in it or just 40-long loads?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I am going to try a Canik as a result of the positive results here. Also for you guys who do not get many rounds out of your pistol. Shoot a few matches. The round count runs up quickly. Even with just 3-4 matches a year.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you have a problem with customers dropping magazines?

I've wondered how the 92fs base plates hold up.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Your shop would be a perfect poly80 pistol test arena.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#18]
How are the P320s holding up?

What do you think the longevity will be on them?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Walther P99, James Bond's gun...how is this piece doing?  More specifically, do you have any 40 S&W versions on the line and how are they holding up?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By v6pwr:
Walther P99, James Bond's gun...how is this piece doing?  More specifically, do you have any 40 S&W versions on the line and how are they holding up?
View Quote
If this has already been addressed in this thread I apologize (I was reading through fairly quickly), but I too would be curious if any of the .40S&W pistols are "breaking" more frequently than their 9mm counterparts (since that is always stated as one of the disadvantages of using a .40S&W variant instead of 9mm)?

Thanks again for an incredible thread (and priceless resource), HendersonDefense/Battle Field Vegas.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump for updates on HK pistols. Any info on the VP9?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#22]
@HendersonDefense

Have you guys started using the Gen 5 Glocks?  
Do you have a round count on them?
Which is more requested - 19 or 17?

Thanks for any info you have on them....wanted to keep track of this, as if it appears the G4 are the most problematic (but still function)!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:23:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lostnswv] [#23]
[NVM.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:08:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Henny] [#24]
I may be 100% wrong (which wouldn't be a first!) - I always thought the Gen4 9mm Glocks were oversprung.

Gen 4s are the first Glocks I've had that would occassionally bobble rounds when they were new. I have a gen 4 17 &19. I used my 17 for 3 gun for several years. I stopped counting how many rounds I had through it at just shy of 20k. That was in 2014. 2015.  The 19, I may have 1/4 that many rounds through it.

Anyway, I've seen another competitor's  Gen4 with the cracked rear rail, just like in the OP's pictures. I always wondered if the Gen4 9mms were that oversprung that when the slide goes into battery it creates an unusual, or more pressure on slide rail from the frame rail at the rear of the slide?

By the way, I haven't changed the recoil spring on my 17 as it passes the Glock recoil spring test.

Ive also broke 3 RMRs on that G17 since 2015. Thanks to Trijicon's excellent customer service the RMRs were all replaced.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Henny:
I may be 100% wrong (which wouldn't be a first!) - I always thought the Gen4 9mm Glocks were oversprung.

Gen 4s are the first Glocks I've had that would occassionally bobble rounds when they were new. I have a gen 4 17 &19. I used my 17 for 3 gun for several years. I stopped counting how many rounds I had through it at just shy of 20k. That was in 2014. 2015.  The 19, I may have 1/4 that many rounds through it.

Anyway, I've seen another competitor's  Gen4 with the cracked rear rail, just like in the OP's pictures. I always wondered if the Gen4 9mms were that oversprung that when the slide goes into battery it creates an unusual, or more pressure on slide rail from the frame rail at the rear of the slide?

By the way, I haven't changed the recoil spring on my 17 as it passes the Glock recoil spring test.

Ive also broke 3 RMRs on that G17 since 2015. Thanks to Trijicon's excellent customer service the RMRs were all replaced.
View Quote
Glocks have been breaking rear frame rails for 34 years.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
View Quote
Yes they have. In this thread the OP related they were seeing it with the Gen 4s.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Definitely like to get a update on the HK’s
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:21:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Would love to hear about Sig 320’s and Gen 5 Glocks
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#30]
What a great thread.

I would also like to hear about the Gen5 Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Hi folks,

I will get some updates to you guys soon on what we have been up to here on the range. One thing in particular that I know off the top of my head is how well the Canick pistol is running. We finally had a part break in that weapon and Century quickly sent us a replacement part and it's back up and running on the range. The round count on the Canick's are fairly high as they are our "loss leader" pistol that's the cheap gun to shoot.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Hi folks,

I will get some updates to you guys soon on what we have been up to here on the range. One thing in particular that I know off the top of my head is how well the Canick pistol is running. We finally had a part break in that weapon and Century quickly sent us a replacement part and it's back up and running on the range. The round count on the Canick's are fairly high as they are our "loss leader" pistol that's the cheap gun to shoot.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Thanks for all the data @hendersondefense This thread and the one in ar-15 section are a great resource.  I just picked up a Canik TP9SFX to try a RDS on a pistol and the gun is incredible for the price.  Very accurate and no issues in the few hundred i have one it.  Sure yours have thousands more rounds down range

I would appreciate the update on the round count on these if you can
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Hi folks,

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Thanks Ron!

Looking forward to hearing about Glock Gen 5’s and Sig P320’s
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TacticalTavorian:

Thanks Ron!

Looking forward to hearing about Glock Gen 5’s and Sig P320’s
View Quote
Yes thanks Ron for the awesome info!!! Do you have the Sig M17 on the line yet?
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#35]
RON - Henderson Defense

Funny thing about the Recoil Spring Assembly in the Glocks

I remember the early 90's Glocks the RSA was to be changed every 10k rounds.

When I took the Glock Armorers Course Back in 08 they said that all RSA should be swapped out at 5k rds for 9mm & 45 and 4k rds for 40, 357, & 10mm.

Talked to a Guy that I have known for years and he had attended a course late last year. Glock said now 3k for 9mm 45 and 10mm and 2.5k for 40 357 and 10mm.

Not saying it is a fix for the 4th gen problems. I have always felt the 4th gen guns were not "Right" just too different. To me the 5th gen 9mm guns are where its at now.

Leading up to this.

Last I heard the 3rd gen guns are going away. Christmas of 2018 time frame for announcing the ending of all 3rd gen gun production and 2019 being the final year of 3rd gen production. With only servicing 3rd gen to End Of Life of the gun and then offering upgrade to 4th or 5th gen gun depending on caliber.

BUT the time frame on that has come and gone and they are still selling with no announcement.

The 4th gen was supposedly going to be for 10mm, 45, 40, and 357.  5th gen guns were going to be 9mm and 380 ONLY.

What have you heard concerting the 3rd vs. 4th vs. 5th gen Glocks availability in the future. I was at Glock this past week and forgot to ask.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By rotorblade:
RON - Henderson Defense

Funny thing about the Recoil Spring Assembly in the Glocks

I remember the early 90's Glocks the RSA was to be changed every 10k rounds.

When I took the Glock Armorers Course Back in 08 they said that all RSA should be swapped out at 5k rds for 9mm & 45 and 4k rds for 40, 357, & 10mm.

Talked to a Guy that I have known for years and he had attended a course late last year. Glock said now 3k for 9mm 45 and 10mm and 2.5k for 40 357 and 10mm.

Not saying it is a fix for the 4th gen problems. I have always felt the 4th gen guns were not "Right" just too different. To me the 5th gen 9mm guns are where its at now.

Leading up to this.

Last I heard the 3rd gen guns are going away. Christmas of 2018 time frame for announcing the ending of all 3rd gen gun production and 2019 being the final year of 3rd gen production. With only servicing 3rd gen to End Of Life of the gun and then offering upgrade to 4th or 5th gen gun depending on caliber.

BUT the time frame on that has come and gone and they are still selling with no announcement.

The 4th gen was supposedly going to be for 10mm, 45, 40, and 357.  5th gen guns were going to be 9mm and 380 ONLY.

What have you heard concerting the 3rd vs. 4th vs. 5th gen Glocks availability in the future. I was at Glock this past week and forgot to ask.
View Quote
Not to derail the thread but Glock isn’t going to discontinue Gen 3 guns when that’s all you can get in California. Also, I’m pretty sure there’s been pictures of Gen 5 G22’s for South American contracts (Brazil maybe?)
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By rotorblade:

View Quote
Wow.. I was not aware of that. We are going to be going through quite a few RSA's then

I am BLOW AWAY by the reliability of the Canik pistol on the range. I thought for sure they were going to be breaking left and right and only ONE has experienced a part breaking. I will try to update ASAP regarding which part.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Wow.. I was not aware of that. We are going to be going through quite a few RSA's then

I am BLOW AWAY by the reliability of the Canik pistol on the range. I thought for sure they were going to be breaking left and right and only ONE has experienced a part breaking. I will try to update ASAP regarding which part.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
I have a friend that is a head armorer at Glock and I asked him about maintenance intervals a while back. He said Glock has no official recommendations. I'm not sure where the info in the armorer's courses comes from.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#39]

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to update on the canik. What all models do you run?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Hi folks,

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Looking forward to this one. Keep us posted please! :)
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Lot of bad information at Glock armorers courses.  Depends on who's teaching the class.  Also depends on who you talk to when you call.  If it's not in the manual, it's suspect.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Appreciate your info on the Canik part that broke. Pretty amazing only a single pistol with only a single part so far. Out of curiosity, how many Canik TP9SF do you guys run?

My TP9SF has been nothing but reliable
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
Reference?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Henny:
I always thought the Gen4 9mm Glocks were oversprung.
View Quote
The initial run was, then glock lowered the spring weight.

By the way, I haven't changed the recoil spring on my 17 as it passes the recoil spring test.
View Quote
There is no such thing, it's internet lore.

Ive also broke 3 RMRs on that G17 since 2015.
View Quote
How many rounds on that 17?  This may be a clue.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 10:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradd_D] [#45]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:

Reference?
View Quote
30 years of owning Glocks. A quick Google search yielded a circa 1996 Glock 22.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/broken-glock-frame-rail.653927/
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#46]
The "Internet" is not a reference.  It's not as problematic as your post insinuates.

Back on topic

Henderson, will you be adding gen5 Glocks?
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 3:07:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradd_D] [#47]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:
The "Internet" is not a reference.  It's not as problematic as your post insinuates.

Back on topic

Henderson, will you be adding gen5 Glocks?
View Quote
I never said it was problematic. Ignore the facts if you wish.

It's amusing when people say the internet is not a reference...on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:37:35 AM EDT
[#48]
@HendersonDefense Any chance you guys have a Beretta Px4 and can report what breaks on those?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

That's all I ever need to know about S&W.

A failure of no longer functioning correctly, I could forgive due to the heavy usage.  But if the failure mode of high round count use is this - yea, I'm done.  Coupled with failure to repair?  Wow.
View Quote
This is why I got rid of my S&W 500 and got a BFR in .500 mag.  Parts on the 500 tend to rattle loose every 100 rounds or so and needed to be re-tightened.  Happened on my 4" 500 and on my 8 3/8" 500.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I never said it was problematic. Ignore the facts if you wish.

It's amusing when people say the internet is not a reference...on the internet.
View Quote
You, posting anonymously something unusual with no facts to back it up is not reference.  Your opinion and feels are just that.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top