Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2021 12:03:56 AM EDT
What’s your highest round count .22 and what should I expect out of a stock (internally)mk4 22/45 lite?

Mine has at least 2500 rounds with only 300 or so with the can since I just got it.

Pictures are welcomed! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:21:58 AM EDT
[#1]
2,500  Sorry.  But that’s not high round count
Especially for a 22LR

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:19:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I usually don’t ask others to post up pics without at least including my own which is why I mentioned the round count since that is the topic. Go be edgy in GD
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Just be glad it shoots ...my mark iv is a POS...back at ruger right now :/
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]
2500 should be nothing for any well maintained .22

I imagine I have at least 50K through my buckmark and 25K through my Tac Sol .22 AR.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The only pistol I truly wore out to the point of no return we an older ( 1960’s production) high standard citation.
I bought it from an avid bullseye shooter who put at least 50 thousand through it. I added another 150 thousand ( was shooting tons of bullseye back then) this was long before people discussed spring replacement intervals like they do today. I eventually made the chamber dimensions so loose that it started blowing cases. Also started to get small parts breakage.

Some of my current.22 pistols are 20 to 70 years old and doing fine. I did replace recoil and firing pin Springs on my 2 oldest.
My S&W model 17 revolver is now 55 years old on all original parts and probably has around 100k on it
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What is wrong with it?

I really do not like the pencil thin barrel with a bushing design. My bushing has backed out in the past.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The only pistol I truly wore out to the point of no return we an older ( 1960’s production) high standard citation.
I bought it from an avid bullseye shooter who put at least 50 thousand through it. I added another 150 thousand ( was shooting tons of bullseye back then) this was long before people discussed spring replacement intervals like they do today. I eventually made the chamber dimensions so loose that it started blowing cases. Also started to get small parts breakage.

Some of my current.22 pistols are 20 to 70 years old and doing fine. I did replace recoil and firing pin Springs on my 2 oldest.
My S&W model 17 revolver is now 55 years old on all original parts and probably has around 100k on it
View Quote

That is impressive!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#8]
i cant imagine how many bricks of 22 have been shot thru my 15-22
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 1962 Ruger Mk1 Target with the factory comp that had a ton of rounds put through it before I got it about 4 years ago. Since then I've probably put 3-4k through the gun and it'll probably outlast me. I have a 617 I've put about 5k through in the past few years but those are amateur numbers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the same exact one as you OP. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has a lot of light strikes no matter what ammo I use. I'm also using a gemtech outback II can.  I think I have a thousand rounds through it and was hopeful it would work itself out but it hasn't so I think I'll have to do a little research again. I think they recommend a volquartsen firing pin if I remember correctly.

edit for obligatory pic

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Ruger 10/22 that I purchased 39 years ago.  I bet that rifle has over 80k rounds through it...maybe closer to 100k now.  My cousins and I used to take that 10/22 and 1,000 rounds out to the pasture on Saturdays and we'd come back few hours later with no ammo.  This was back when local K-Mart and Woolworth used to sell a box of 22lr ammo for $0.50.  I had about a dozen factory mags for it and then couple years later when Ram-Line came out with 30 round mags I picked up a dozen of those too.  Now days it's my son and his friends who take it out with a 500 round bulk pack Federal or Remington ammo to the pasture.  I also have a Ruger Mk2 pistol that I Purchased in 1985 that has about 50k round through it.
On the 10/22 I had to replace the barrel about 10 years ago when I damaged the barrel and the extractor and extractor spring was replaced about 20 years ago.  The Mk 2 pistol is still all original but I had to throw away 2 or 3 magazines as they misfed despite new springs.  I do replace all the springs on both guns regularly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Marlin 60 that I got when I was a kid about 30 years ago. Shot it tons... Still going strong.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Buckmark that easily has 30K rounds of Blazer 40gr through it.   My son and I were putting 400 rounds through it every week for months at a time.   We had a lot of fun and the that pistol would get DIRTY.   Eventually it got boring constantly shooting the center out of every target that we hung up there.   It would malfunction once out every 5K rounds or so.  

2Hut8

edit:  OP that pistol looks brand new.    

Mine doesn't look as bad as I was thinking.....

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I got this when my kids were teenagers and we shot over 110,000 rounds of bulk HV ammo through it before retiring it.

My Hammerli International has approximately 45,000 standard velocity rounds through it but I am shooting many different .22 handguns these days.

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Andy that hammerli is a beauty - love the grips are they original or an aftermarket source?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Ruger Mark II that’s been in my family for years.  You d count is unknown e a fly, but it’s a LOT.  Many, many long summer afternoons blazing away.

It started having extraction issues snd then I noticed picture #2.

Basically  it was shot enough the takedown pin sheared off.

Sent off to Ruger and the repaired it.  Also rebuilt the bolt with all new doings snd a new extractor.

Now it shoots like a champ.  Good for many more decades,

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow amazing. I am pushing this mk4 as far as I can. I am trying out cherry balmz rimfire remedy and so far I have 376 rounds through 100% of that was suppressed. I had two fail to extract/ stove pipes in the first range session today but other than that it hasn’t missed a beat.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Andy that hammerli is a beauty - love the grips are they original or an aftermarket source?
View Quote

They are very well machined on the inside and the shape looks identical to the Hammerli 211 thumbrest grips and the 212 Jagerschaftspistole grips that came from the factory. I am guessing, that someone had ordered the grips as blanks from the same manufacturer and a master gun smith had finished them.
I saw them being sold with a gun and had to have them. So I bought the gun along just to get the grips.

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#19]
My grandpas 1985-86 Ruger MKii 5.5” stainless bull barrel gun. Easily 50k plus through it and still works amazing to this day. Probably close to needing an extractor and some trigger upgrades but it’s never failed to impress.

He bought it new and it still looks great, rode on front of his Yamaha big bear for 20+ years. I shot that gun my entire life and now my son loves shooting it when pap lets us take it out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a Ruger 22/45 lite that I bought new in 2014. I shot steel challenge with it for several years. It is way out beyond 10,000 round count. I don't know how many rounds have been fired through it, but maybe as much as 25,000 rounds.

I still shoot steel plates, not in competition, with it along with several other .22 pistols I take to the range. I often have other people, sometimes new shooters, shoot with me and the 22/45 is generally the best liked of my .22's. It was highly modified for steel challenge shooting when new.

What might be of interest to others here is that this 22/45 is more dependable and enjoyable to shoot today then when new. If I remember right, the only parts I have ever replaced due to wear were one extractor and the recoil spring. I am not sure that you can wear out a Ruger .22, but I am trying!
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really? My ruger mark iv is awesome. Shoots everything without issue except for some Winchester super x Ammo. I have probably 3-5 every FTFs every 100 rounds with that crap.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought a used Ruger Mark II target that is marked indicating it was a rental gun from the Santa Anita Shooting Range, the range they used in the Lethal Weapon movie.  It is worn enough that high velocity ammo will tumble and keyhole,  but standard velocity ammo shoots fine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Never kept track of ammo count on rimfires. I get bored with stuff quickly so most of my guns get rotated out every 8-10yrs so nothing has a really high round count. Only guns I've owned longer than 10yrs are the two family heirlooms that I will die with.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:54:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I just got done with a 5000rd case of CCI SV through my early 80's S&W Model 41. I don't know how many rounds have been through it total, and I don't know when I'll be able to buy 5000rds of that .22lr again. I use a buffer and various springs so I can use the cheaper HV shit that I have for the time being.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top