Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2022 6:19:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4q2]
So my lgs got one in . I really love all my high standard rimfires . It is stainless , and has the American Eagle rollmark ? I put it on layaway and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them . Apparently these are fairly new to market . Thanks ahead of time.  Edit to add this is a 9mm not rimfire
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have wanted a Luger for decades! I wanted a shooter and do not care if ugly or if the serial numbers don't match.

I expected over $1,000.00 for a decent clunker.  Seeing the High Standard Luger... that may be a better choice for me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#2]
To be clear, you guys are talking about a new production, stainless steel Luger?

I did a search for these (admittedly, my search abilities aren't strong) and found nothing.

I had one of the stainless Stoegers at one time, in addition to a 1917 Erfurt, and really enjoyed it.

Hod to let it go for wife's medical bills and would like to replace it someday.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I purchased one after speaking to one of the principals at High Standard.

The pistol is nicely made. It’s extremely tight out of the box. I’ve cycled the action several hundred times in front of the television to break it in. You MUST wear leather gloves to do this.
I still haven’t fired it due to my schedule.

Mec-gar magazines won’t fit; the cut-out slot for the magazine catch has to be opened up on the superior end to fit.

The machining is from the old Mitchell Firearms shop, but supposedly tweaked to work better. These are NOT left over parts from old production runs.

I purchased this for a really simple reason: every attempt to manufacture P-08’s post-war has ended in collapse of the company. I jumped at the chance to buy one, and I plan to shoot the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Y-T71:
To be clear, you guys are talking about a new production, stainless steel Luger?

I did a search for these (admittedly, my search abilities aren't strong) and found nothing.

I had one of the stainless Stoegers at one time, in addition to a 1917 Erfurt, and really enjoyed it.

View Quote

Yes , it is new production and they are offering it in a "blued" version also , with a longer barrel .
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is some quick pics
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 10:30:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4q2] [#6]
Originally Posted By Y-T71:

View Quote

the x-series victor hi-standard they have is great also ! you can get the threaded barrel for it too . i am not affiliated with hi-standard in any way lol .
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 4q2:

Yes , it is new production and they are offering it in a "blued" version also , with a longer barrel .
View Quote

HTF does one even buy these? Website sends you to InterarmsTX to buy and they say they don't sell firearms...
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:

HTF does one even buy these? Website sends you to InterarmsTX to buy and they say they don't sell firearms...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I got mine at my lgs . I will send you an im
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@4q2:  would you mind sending me that info, too?

I rebuilt a little .32 Luger made by Erma for my girlfriend and it turned out AWESOME!  She shoots it better than any of her other handguns.

Had a I known how awesomely thin Cerakote Elite Black was, I would have done more metal prep work before hand.

Anyhow, I have always wanted a Luger but I just need a good quality shooter, nothing special.  Would love to try to acquire one of these if they are still made.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:41:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BullpupFan] [#10]
Just a heads up that they take neither genuine Luger (or modern Mec-Gar) magazines, nor apparently old Mitchell magazines, but only their very own $67/ea magazines...

ETA: I had to order the gun direct from InterarmsTX by phone, (shipped to my local FFL of course), and the same with the extra magazines (shipped to me USPS signature required apparently).
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#11]
So what is the shops asking price?

Suggested retail is over $1300.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Blindeye:

I purchased this for a really simple reason: every attempt to manufacture P-08’s post-war has ended in collapse of the company. I jumped at the chance to buy one, and I plan to shoot the shit out of it.
View Quote

That is not completely correct, Mauser had made new 06/29 pistols on the machinery that was returned from Switzerland in the 1970s and in the former GDR a few complete Parabellum Pistolen 1001 were made, as well as a lot of replacement parts. Krieghoff had also made a few collector pistols not too long ago that look like they are authentic Mauser 1935-1942 production guns.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top