Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2023 12:17:30 PM EDT
Bought a standard USP9 with DA/SA and I’d like to put in a better trigger.  

I’ve been looking for the HK Match Trigger, but they are sold out where I’ve looked.  

The trigger is fine for a duty gun, but I’m looking to customize this gun.  That’s part of the fun for me.  

I think I can find a threaded barrel reasonably.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Gray Guns trigger.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:17:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hitman4Actual] [#2]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
Bought a standard USP9 with DA/SA and I'd like to put in a better trigger.  

I've been looking for the HK Match Trigger, but they are sold out where I've looked.  

The trigger is fine for a duty gun, but I'm looking to customize this gun.  That's part of the fun for me.  

I think I can find a threaded barrel reasonably.
View Quote
Nice. I had a similar plan for my USP 9. I added a factory threaded barrel and the Tactical recoil spring assembly (don't forget to buy this if you'll shoot it suppressed) for use with a can. It's my dedicated nightstand pistol. Didn't change the trigger as I'm happy with mine. Love the USP models.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 99medic:
Gray Guns trigger.
View Quote

This plus break in or just shoot it a lot and it will get better.

The HK match is over-rated IMO
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hitman4Actual:
Nice. I had a similar plan for my USP 9. I added a factory threaded barrel and the Tactical recoil spring assembly (don't forget to buy this if you'll shoot it suppressed) for use with a can. It's my dedicated nightstand pistol. Didn't change the trigger as I'm happy with mine. Love the USP models.
View Quote

Any recommendation on where to get it?   I like the 13.5x1 left threads.  HK Parts has them for $400 and that doesnt include the spring.  I get it, it’s an HK.  But really.

Originally Posted By RedFox1911:

View Quote

Good to know.  Since they are hard to find, I will stop looking.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:32:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#5]
Got my threaded-bbl on sale at hk web store a few years back, like $200-ish

Same for my hk45

I didn’t know you were supposed to upgrade the spring and have had no problems un-upgraded
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

Any recommendation on where to get it?   I like the 13.5x1 left threads.  HK Parts has them for $400 and that doesnt include the spring.  I get it, it's an HK.  But really.

Good to know.  Since they are hard to find, I will stop looking.
View Quote
I bought mine (13.5x1 LH) from Midway for about $230. HKParts can be very overpriced at times. I've had good luck finding HK factory stuff at Midwest Gun Works too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
Got my threaded-bbl on sale at hk web store a few years back, like $200-ish

Same for my hk45

I didn't know you were supposed to upgrade the spring and have had no problems un-upgraded
View Quote
I don't think it's a necessary upgrade, but the Tactical recoil spring assembly has a stiffer spring and is tuned to be more reliable than the standard RSA when suppressed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#8]
You can piece together the individual pieces of the match trigger usually instead of waiting for the kit to come back in stock. I got my match trigger parts from HKparts and combined them with the GG short reset and flat trigger (this was in my USP compact). I noticed a difference in the trigger and thought it was worth it personally.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I have owned / been shooting USPs since 1995.  The HK Match trigger is definitely an upgrade.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RedFox1911:

View Quote

Just the trigger, maybe, but I’d put the full kit up against a GGI trigger any day. The setup on my OEM Tactical was amazing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:52:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Steamedliver] [#11]
I see there are two factory HK threaded barrels that fit the USP.  Both are Midwest links.

A 4.25 inch

And a slightly longer 4.56 inch barrel that is intended for the USP 9 Tactical.  This barrel also has an o-ring.

Will either work in a USP 9?  Im asking because the slightly shorter one seems to be discontinued and very hard to find.

Edit.  After a lot of searching I stumbled on a HK forum post that stated the 4.56 inch barrel replaced the 4.25 inch barrel (basically the 226352 replaces the 219069).
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top