Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2024 11:57:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TBL004]
Thinking of adding a compensator to either my P365 or 365X. The HC3652P has two top ports compared to the HC365 which has one top port and two side ports. Between these two HA comps which one is preferable? Looking to reduce muzzle rise. Also open to other suggestions.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 9:41:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EdgecrusherXES] [#1]
I went with the HC365 single top port and two side port over the two top port comp.  Herrington explains the comps really well in some of their YouTube videos and one of the things that stands out is the two top port comp can require recoil spring tuning.  The single top port comp is supposed to be less susceptible to needing recoil spring tuning and able to be reliable with the stock spring.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:51:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TBL004] [#2]
Thanks for the info Edgecrusher. The info on the two port comp is interesting. To the best of my knowledge the only recoil spring assembly that can be tuned is made by DPM. After checking the DPM product it was mentioned that the kit comes with three outer springs. The smallest outer spring is designed to be used first (for up to 15K rounds), medium length next (another 15k rounds) and then the longest outer spring (for a total of 45K rounds). I guess one could test out any combo of outer springs but it would circumvent the manufacture design of progressive spring use for this product. It appears the single port with side ports might be the way to go.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with the multi port for a glock 19. Like it alot.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Redoubt99:
I went with the multi port for a glock 19. Like it alot.
View Quote

Did you notice any reduction of muzzle flip?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a HA on my 320, dual top no sides.  I like it.  Well built.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:
I have a HA on my 320, dual top no sides.  I like it.  Well built.
View Quote

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]
For the P365 my opinion is the single port top and two side port is best.  The side ports reduce the recoil and shooting my above one I posted a pic of and my XL the ported one is such a breeze to shoot and shoot fast.  The 365 has a little snappy recoil not bad but it is there and the comp above makes it shoot and feel more like a large full size pistol.  The side ports really do a good job for their purpose and the top port does has a significant effect on mitigating muzzle rise.  Just my 2¢
I have thought about doing a comp on my G19 or G17 (undecided which)with a two port top more for fun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By EdgecrusherXES:
For the P365 my opinion is the single port top and two side port is best.  The side ports reduce the recoil and shooting my above one I posted a pic of and my XL the ported one is such a breeze to shoot and shoot fast.  The 365 has a little snappy recoil not bad but it is there and the comp above makes it shoot and feel more like a large full size pistol.  The side ports really do a good job for their purpose and the top port does has a significant effect on mitigating muzzle rise.  Just my 2¢
I have thought about doing a comp on my G19 or G17 (undecided which)with a two port top more for fun.
View Quote

Seems like the single port HC365 might be better for the P365 because it is a little shorter than the two port HC3652P. Thinking about the two port comp for my XL.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top