Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 10:46:01 PM EDT
This is my first revolver so forgive my lack of knowledge on this.

What needs to be cleaned and oiled on it? How far do I have to break it down to clean it?

All ive done so far is just remove the cylinder clean that and the barrel. Anything else i gotta do?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Oil real good and shoot.  Mine shoots better with 22 magnum.  If yours is only 22lr academy sells the magnum cylinder for $35
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 3:04:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:  This is my first revolver so forgive my lack of knowledge on this.

What needs to be cleaned and oiled on it? How far do I have to break it down to clean it?

All ive done so far is just remove the cylinder clean that and the barrel. Anything else i gotta do?
View Quote

That's pretty much what you need to do, just don't dry fire it w/ the safety on, or w/ the safety off, unless you've removed the cylinder first.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:37:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea i learned that the hard way and had to buy a new 22wmr cylinder. Worked out tho cuz i got one of the engraved ones and it looks awesome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top