Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2020 5:17:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fortydelta]
I have my grandfather's bring-back Luger, I've posted on ARF about it before. Anyways I got it out and fired a few rounds through it yesterday, mainly as an excuse to strip it and oil it again. I remembered that I never could nail down exactly what model/variation of Luger it is.

I know from the front strap markings it was issued in the Duesseldorf District Police pre WW2.

But the proof markings, serial number, and it being 9mm don't jive exactly with all the other references I've found.

In particular, I cannot find these symbols:
"K" with a crown or burst or sunrise over it. Only found on bolt hold-open. Can't tell if markings below on the frame are just scratches or not.
Attachment Attached File

The marking below the serial. Cannot find this anywhere.
Attachment Attached File

Otherwise, it's a DWM, unmarked chamber, checkered toggle knobs, no grip safety, has stock lug, gesichert on top, 9mm, all numbers match with exception of side plate, the only other proof marking is the "nitro" mark.

Can anyone help or point me in a direction to find some info. Has me scratching my head on it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:13:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mmamonster] [#1]
Try posting it on the europe section see if any germans can help you
Have you a photo of any markings on the top ?
Atb
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mmamonster:
Try posting it on the europe section see if any germans can help you
Have you a photo of any markings on the top ?
Atb
View Quote

It's only the DWM logo on top. No other proof markings. Nothing over the chamber.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#3]
The Starburst K indicates it's a Police issue P08. The script "r" is the letter suffix of the serial number.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
How about more photo's?  There were a number of commercial models pressed into service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top