Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2022 8:01:24 PM EDT
Just picked up my TS2 Racing Green pistol yesterday.

Having a tough time deciding which one I should get next.  S2 Orange or the Accushadow 2?  Anyone here have both?   Need input from people that own either one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is my vote for your money:

CZ Custom A01
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is my vote for your money:

CZ Custom A01
View Quote

A little further down my want list.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#3]
They're pretty much the same thing but one is factory CZ pistol and one is a CZ custom. I believe both pistols are of very high quality and it's a pretty touch choice to make.

When I got mine I went with the Accu Shadow 2 because it's a CZ custom pistol. The test target is a nice addition. At least I know it's mechanically accurate and sights are on point. The rest is up to me.
The trigger weights on paper don't look great at 8 lbs DA and 4 lb SA. It is a very smooth DA with no stacking. SA has almost no takeup, crisp break and very short reset. I like that it comes with the extended safety already fitted if I decide to use it. Also has a very light recoil spring I believe 11 lbs and recoil buffer installed. I'm not sure if that's something the Orange comes with.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m starting to lean towards the CZ Custom one.  Having a test target for proof of accuracy is a nice touch..
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get the Accushadow with the optics plates for ultimate flexibility. Hands down the best money I’ve spent on a pistol
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can get the Accushadow with the optics plates for ultimate flexibility. Hands down the best money I’ve spent on a pistol
View Quote

Thanks for finalizing my decision.
Now I just need to find one in stock.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
OP we need a range report on that Racing Green !
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:27:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OP we need a range report on that Racing Green !
View Quote

Hopefully soon.  Just waiting on my Sig P322 to come out of jail.   My commie state has a mandatory wait time for semi autos.

Got on a waiting list at CZ Customs for an optic ready AccuShadow 2 though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Optic ready AccuShadow 2 getting shipped out today.??
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I would lean towards the Shadow 2 Orange.

I have a TSO and friend has a TS2 (Blue). The build quality differences are significant. Internals of the Orange are much more polished, slide/frame fit is tight but extremely smooth, and most importantly barrel is fitted like a custom 1911. No movement whatsoever when pushing down on the barrel hood. The TS2 doesn't have a lot of movement, but its detectable. I would compare the TSO slide/frame/barrel fitment to my Wilson Combat 1911. I would compare the TS2 slide/frame/barrel fitment to any other CZ. Certainly not bad but not in same league.

CZ custom tunes the accushadow trigger and adds the 1911 style bushing (S2O has a similar bushing). But I don't think they do any slide/frame fitting and I don't know what kind of barrel fitting is done.

The Accushadow 2 probably has a better trigger out of the box, but that can be easily tuned on the S2O with some Cajun parts. The hand fitting is much more difficult to do after the fact.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#11]
The Optic Ready Accushadow 2 showed up early??.  Thanks to my liberal infested state I can’t take it home??.  Mandatory wait time to do a background check even though I have a concealed permit.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations on your purchase! She's a beauty. You've got quite a selection of high end CZ's.

Did you try the trigger out yet? The poundage is a tad lighter than my Accu Shadow 2.

I wonder if the test fire was with optic or just irons. Regardless, still an impressive test target.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#13]
The trigger felt great.  Very smooth and reset was very short.  The reset might actually be shorter than my TSO or TS2 and more tactile too.  Just looking forward to taking all 3 guns out shooting  and comparing them.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:22:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Took her home today.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice trio of CZ's
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice trio of CZ's
View Quote

Thanks!   Trying to decide what to get next.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I took my own advice from this thread and ordered a Shadow 2 Orange. I don’t think we’ll settle this debate seeing as how OP is in West coast and I’m on East but I’ll at least get some pictures.

Plan is to shoot it a little and compare to TSO. Then send to CGW for optic cut. I may or may not get action job depending how much I like trigger when it comes in.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I added a magwell and black grips, +2 mag extensions, 507C in green with ACSS Vulcan reticle.  The SRO 1 MOA dot on my TSO just wasn’t crisp/clear enough for my less than perfect eyes.  Decided to splurge and go with a Surefire light to see why they’re so popular.  Bore sighted it and just need to take it out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#19]
What do you use these pistols for? I’d recommend some Lok grips. The stock grips on my S2 were horribly slippery.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#20]
They're just range toys.  Although the AccuShadow 2 could double as a home defense pistol.  Just needs a threaded barrel so I can run a can on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top