Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2024 2:29:59 PM EDT
Removed the safety from a used S&W M&P CA Compliant 2.0 9mm compact and ended up with this leftover part.
Can't find video or Manuel explaining what it does. The gun still runs normally, haven't had any issues; gun parts all OEM.

https://i.imgur.com/2bNvVKE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zAdnCEn.jpg

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Almost looks like a disconnector.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you follow delete instructions from a video?  Did you disassemble anything besides the sear housing block?

I just deleted the safety from my M&P 2.0 compact a few weeks ago.   I saw no such part in my pistol.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:43:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AngryButter] [#3]
Yes, I watched several YouTube M&P 2.0 9mm safety removal videos, but couldn't find one for a CA Compliant version. That piece just popped out after I removed the sear housing. The gun is performing normally, but I still would like to know what it is/does and how to put it back to together.

I going to go ahead and contact Smith and Wesson.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:41:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leelaw] [#4]
I'm an armorer for M&Ps and while I don't know what that piece is, it isn't a part found in a standard, non-magazine-disconnect, non-frame-safety version.

Short version: you un-California'd it.

ETA: just checked the manual. That is the trigger bar block. It is held in with a spring on the right side of the sear housing, and its only function is to block the rearward movement of the trigger bar when the magazine disconnect is installed and no magazine is in the magazine well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jcduchock:
Almost looks like a disconnector.
View Quote

The disconnector is built into the trigger bar on the M&P.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:53:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By leelaw:
I'm an armorer for M&Ps and while I don't know what that piece is, it isn't a part found in a standard, non-magazine-disconnect, non-frame-safety version.

Short version: you un-California'd it.
View Quote

Yep, mag disconnect.
Prevents the sear from tripping without a mag inserted.
Ditch it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top