Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2023 2:28:42 PM EDT
Was always IWB person. Few months back I really got tired of having to get bigger pants.  Once I increased the waist, the pants just seem too baggie.
I found a small OWB minimalist holster from Crossbreed.  Nothing fancy, but shaped it to my G27. It's small enough & carry well OWB with a normal shirt around 3:30-4.
Then I got a new car.  The seats on the new car just don't allow for any comfort while carrying OWB.  
I could barley put on my seat belt, the firearm pressed against my console, my side & seat bolster & wore a mark in the seat in only a few thousand miles. It became painful to drive. Practiced trying to unholster while seated & failed miserably.
How dare the auto manufacturers not think about this when designing seats!
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Become left handed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean don't have a holster for when you drive???  
Amateur.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a solution for that.  While in the auto use this, then when getting out, just transfer the weapon to your iwb, and toss this under the seat.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Lefty would be the same problem with the door & that bolster. A big no on carry in some car holster for me too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
This is one area whet4 AIWB shines, for me.

You fit in the seat better, the draw from this position is faster, and easier, and there's nothing to fiddle-fuck with or change, getting in/out.

Of course this is only if you're not fat.

If driving for long periods, this is also one of the limited applications where a horizontal shoulder holster is effective.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You fit in the seat better, the draw from this position is faster, and easier, and there's nothing to fiddle-fuck with or change, getting in/out.

If driving for long periods, this is also one of the limited applications where a horizontal shoulder holster is effective.
View Quote
This.  AIWB is really the way to carry in an urban area, quite honestly.

Faster draw seated in a car, if you need to unass the car you don't need to remember to grab your pistol.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I've found the Galco Miami Classic Lite shoulder holster to be perfect for smaller G27/P365 sized guns.

I just wear a Hawaiian or flannel shirt (summer/winter) over it.

You can buy a used one cheap on e bay to try out.
And resell for no loss, if it's not for you.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#8]
AIWB is the solution to this problem. It also has the benefits of better weapon retention during a struggle and it's easier to get the gun out if you're on the ground. DO NOT get a car holster or gimmick like posted above that has you transferring the gun in and out of your holster every time you get in or out of your car. All that's doing is increasing your chances of ND and with most of them, if you get in a wreck then your gun's going flying.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm a tubby two-ton, but I carry a G19 size gun just fine up front.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#10]
There is a solution for that.
View Quote

That guy isn't far from me either.    I'll have to try this.  Carry up front interferes with my steering wheel.  It's a very small car. Not much room.
IE 2 seater.
For now I have my 442 at arms reach in the car.  Better then trying to get my G27 to clear the console, seat belt, seat & me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top