Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2020 11:08:16 PM EDT
In the market for a new optics ready pistol.

The Legion is sitting at the top of the sort list, but it reads like Sig has continued their recent spate of tripping over their own feet.

The witness hole is allowing fouling to escape the breech and deposits it on the front glass of some optics. How Sig didn’t test for this on an optics ready pistol is head scratching.

Have they begun shipping the X5 without the “blow hole” yet? If so, does anyone know the manufacturer date they began rolling in the change?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe i read on sig fourm that sig is shipping all barrels with the lci holes to standerdize (sp?) Things. Kind of sucks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
According to a thread on the BEnos forums, X-Five Legions built after December 2019 come standard without the LCI notch in the barrel. This is second-hand anecdotal information, so take it with however many grains of salt you feel are appropriate
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:
According to a thread on the BEnos forums, X-Five Legions built after December 2019 come standard without the LCI notch in the barrel. This is second-hand anecdotal information, so take it with however many grains of salt you feel are appropriate
View Quote

I heard from someone on another thread here supposedly if you contact Sig they will replace a LCI barrel with one that doesn’t have it.  Again, second hand anecdotal info.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I heard from someone on another thread here supposedly if you contact Sig they will replace a LCI barrel with one that doesn't have it.  Again, second hand anecdotal info.
View Quote
This is correct
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RHR_12:

I heard from someone on another thread here supposedly if you contact Sig they will replace a LCI barrel with one that doesn’t have it.  Again, second hand anecdotal info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RHR_12:
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:
According to a thread on the BEnos forums, X-Five Legions built after December 2019 come standard without the LCI notch in the barrel. This is second-hand anecdotal information, so take it with however many grains of salt you feel are appropriate

I heard from someone on another thread here supposedly if you contact Sig they will replace a LCI barrel with one that doesn’t have it.  Again, second hand anecdotal info.

Thank you both. Duly noted.

I would prefer not to ask Sig to send me a ‘correct’ barrel gratis after purchase. I find it strange they woul do something like this for what is supposed to be a match grade platform with a match grade barrel.

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a note from a recent buyer. The latest builds are sans LCI.

Hey I just purchased this gun too. Mine was manufactured April 3rd. It does NOT have the LCI port on top. You can now see a loaded round from right side of the barrel. If your barrel has the upper cutout, SIG WILL send you a new barrel (I believe they even pay shipping)
View Quote

Someone should tell Sig to Photoshop it out on their website because the LCI is still in the collateral beauty shot on the Legion page.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Confirmation photo. No more blow hole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top