Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2023 9:10:52 AM EDT
I bought a specific H&K to wear a suppressor full-time but it
seems to not be a good candidate as a regular carry piece….

H&K USP45C Tactical.  With factory high suppressor sights.

The pistol is great as a suppressed piece….keep it in a LBT
specific holster (MK 24 Mod 0) but when you take the can off
and put it in a leather or Kydex holster, it just seems like it’s a
bit “awkward.”   It seems rather heavy and the high sights makes it
out of place.

I did get a shorter baseplate mag that fit flush.

Is it just me ?  ??
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Might just be you.  I was able to carry concealed a USP-40C when I was stationed in Florida without any problems. My usual attire was a pair of 5.11 shorts, a good quality gun belt (that’s the key here), t-shirt and a light button down shirt as a cover garment while using a Comp-Tac IWB holster.
Of course now that other gun options are available and I’m back home in the land of 4-seasons, my usual summer carry is a Shield Plus and winter carry is a Commander or full size 1911.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm confused, are you using the wrong holster? The MK24 mod0 is a HK45CT, not a USP compact...

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the pistol I have….

https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/hk45-compact-tactical/
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AFSOC_COP:
Might just be you.  I was able to carry concealed a USP-40C when I was stationed in Florida without any problems. My usual attire was a pair of 5.11 shorts, a good quality gun belt (that’s the key here), t-shirt and a light button down shirt as a cover garment while using a Comp-Tac IWB holster.
Of course now that other gun options are available and I’m back home in the land of 4-seasons, my usual summer carry is a Shield Plus and winter carry is a Commander or full size 1911.
View Quote

My personal opinion is: that ^ might be some of what's going on OP

At 29oz empty, (and heavier loaded with a full mag of 230gr), that's a bit much for a normal belt!
Find a holster you like (they don't all work ), and a proper belt and THEN see what you think

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The above posts nailed it.Good belt will solve a lot of the problems.

HK tactical and HK mk23 can be carried with the right holsters and belts....the fuckers are still heavy but canbe  reasonably comfortable.

In minecraft of course
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Try different holsters and a good belt. I carry a P30L with an x300 and red dot on it (with co-witness sights) and it carries just fine.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By norshon3:
I bought a specific H&K to wear a suppressor full-time but it
seems to not be a good candidate as a regular carry piece….

H&K USP45C Tactical.  With factory high suppressor sights.

The pistol is great as a suppressed piece….keep it in a LBT
specific holster (MK 24 Mod 0) but when you take the can off
and put it in a leather or Kydex holster, it just seems like it’s a
bit “awkward.”   It seems rather heavy and the high sights makes it
out of place.

I did get a shorter baseplate mag that fit flush.

Is it just me ?  ??
View Quote

HK be like that.

Just because its logo'd with the "C" (supposedly "compact"), doesn't mean its compact at all.
On top of that you got a .45 caliber model, and with sights that literally make the gun taller than a full-size BHP with adjustable sights.

HK pistols tend to be mammoth compared to many other guns.
I think its part of the allure.
At least that's why I got the HK 45.

Perhaps you just need a wardrobe adjustment.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]
The HK45 is my current carry gun, it is slimmer than the USP.

Slimmer is more important than barrel length.

Link Posted: 10/31/2023 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Take a look at TTgunleather. I carried my 45c in this version comfortably for years. Great holsters and service from TT.
https://www.ttgunleather.com/product-page/snap-removable-pancake
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:02:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#10]
Double
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#11]
JMHO, (HA! just kidding on the "H" part), the only HK pistols credible as CHL units are P7 and P9s.  P7 is Amazing!...(1970'stechnology).  And all steel and weird carry holster balance.

Once you get to othe HK pistols, you'll need to clear off the junk mail daily since they are each sized big enough for their own zip code.  

As to P7's...  what would you do if you could get a titanium or aluminum framed P7 today?.....
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 11:14:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#12]
I replace all of my USP45 base plates with the smaller factory plates.  It helps with concealment "printing".

I often carry my USP45 Expert concealed (including yesterday). I'm 5'-10" x 168pounds with a lean athletic build.  No problems with CCW.  My gun wears a set of adjustable HK night sights.

I have tried carrying one of my HK45 Tactical and did find the suppressor height sights to be annoying. They "dig into places" and snag on the draw.

The key to carrying something as large as a HK45 or USP45 is belt selection, holster selection and cover garment selection.  I use KORE Essential track belts, and custom kydex "wing style" IWB holsters (or Crossbred hybrids).  Cover garments can be anything from an untucked polo, untucked oxford, vest, etc.  A full size USP45 isn't my first go to in 95-105F summer shorts with t-shirt weather, but it has been done.

ETA: I also replace the base plates on my HK45 Compact with the factory optional flat plates. The finger rest plates look cool, but are useless for carry.  My all time favorite 45ACP carry gun is a HK45C.  It was a USP45C until I tried the HK45C ... this is coming from a guy that's owned two dozen Wilson, Nighthawk, Les Baer, Ed Brown, etc.  HK is the one to rule them all.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top