Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/18/2023 12:30:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy]
I impulse bought one today at Delta Team Tactical.  $900 shipped.  I think they only had one in stock because I can't find it on their website now.  Fingers crossed.

I have never seen or held one.  I DO have a USP 9 with jet funnel that I love.

So tell me about these and how great they are to help me get by until it arrives!

Are the triggers actually pretty good?

best place for mags?

EDIT:  purchased again from CDNN, see update below.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 5:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
My dad has one.  I own the USP 45 match, tactical, regular full size and compact.  The elite has an O ring barrel, the trigger is the same as the match and tactical, its about 3.5lbs single stage pull.  I like the long sight radius on the elite, very accurate, I'll give it a home when he's done with it.  I installed the match hammer and wolff reduced power hammer spring in my regular USP because I liked the feel of that trigger vs the regular.  I also installed the extended mag release on all of them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats- I just picked up a HK USP 45 Expert used at my LGS/range.  Shot it for the first time today, and it has a great trigger and is accurate.  Double action pull was smooth, and single action was crisp and light.

I bought extra mags at Midwest Gun Works, they had decent prices with my MIL discount.  I also found decent prices at RTG and Omaha Outdoors.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I ended up ordering mags from Lanbo's, thanks for the recommendations.

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is stupid accurate and a joy to shoot
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#5]
You'll love it.  Super accurate, well balanced, great trigger, and best of all, looks cool.

Here's my write up of mine:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/The-HK-Elite-is-awesome/29-207431/
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Ha your review was one of the reasons I went for it sight unseen, i was actually thinking of a tac ot mk23 but this was the right price for an HK.

All my other HK pistols are LEM, so I hope that doesn’t make me hate the Elite.

I doubt it will.  

Where to get the weight?
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad to have helped.  I think the Elite is a lot more useful than the M23, at half the price.

I think you'll really like it.

Link Posted: 2/21/2023 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone make suppressor barrels for these?

Are the barrel weights something stocked outside of HK Webstore?
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the color filled lettering, whats the best tutorial for a DIY fill job?
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
View Quote

I bought some paint sticks off Amazon, and used those.  Clean the area well, but don't use acetone I've read as it's too strong for some finishes.  Then rub the stick in, getting it into the engraving.

I then rub the paint off the non-engraving sections, and see if I need to reapply.  I use dry paper towels over the engraving, and use Q-tips with lighter fluid on other sections to really get those clean.  Let dry for a day or so then it'll be pretty well on there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I used just plain old crayola crayons.
Juist degrease the slide where the lettering is, then press in the crayon and fill it in. The go back over it with a little wd-40 and a soft cloth to clean off the excess.

Here is mine. I installed a match weight and it made a small but noticeable difference in group size.

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats OP.  My Expert 9, Expert 45 and Elite 45 are my favorite HKs.  As everyone else mentioned, they're smooth, have great triggers (for a polymer gun), and are A C C U R A T E .  Oh, and in spite of the hand fitting they're just as reliable as any other HK USP45.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks.  I’m still waiting for it to ship from Delta Team Tactical.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:

I used just plain old crayola crayons.
Juist degrease the slide where the lettering is, then press in the crayon and fill it in. The go back over it with a little wd-40 and a soft cloth to clean off the excess.

Here is mine. I installed a match weight and it made a small but noticeable difference in group size.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52141867886_c8c748b3f4_b.jpg
View Quote

OP did well. You will enjoy it. I put same match weight on mine, it does offer some advantages to controlling recoil, and I notice a bit of group reduction as well. Haven't tried my Expert 9 w matchweight yet, but am sure would see similar.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I ordered on Feb 17th, still hasn’t shipped and Delta Team Tactical does not respond to my emails.

Did an archive search on here and they have a terrible reputation.

So I charged back on my CC.

Looks like no new HK for me
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#16]
The only 2 USPs I'm missing for my 9mm and 45 collection are Elites.  I keep telling myself I need to get a 45 version sooner vs later as they can be had for under $1000.   Now just finding a 9mm version under 2k.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 2:31:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyEgo] [#17]
If you have a Scheels in your area, they were clearancing theirs for $900 in my neck of the woods. That was exactly my 'why not' pricepoint, so I picked one up.

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#18]
They’re amazing guns especially if you want to get your feet wet in competition shooting. They’re always less than the 9 expert and under 1k!  Very accurate very balanced pistols. You did well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, I ordered on Feb 17th, still hasn’t shipped and Delta Team Tactical does not respond to my emails.

View Quote

Well that's too bad.  There are a couple of GB now - one for 925, with 2 x 10 round mags, and another for a grand, with what looks like at least 1, maybe 2 x 12 round mags.  Either is a good deal.  

It's amazing how low the Elite is going for, when you seen used compacts going for more, like hundreds of bucks more.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I picked a slightly used one up for $865 about 18 months ago.  Was just shooting it this morning.   I also have a Mark 23 and agree that these are more fun to shoot and 1/2 the price.  And yeah, these guns absolutely hammer.   Was shooting these weird plates at my local gun club that are 2" wide and about 6" long from something like 20 yards and actually getting pretty frequent hits. Satisfying to hit the plates (which were hanging from chains) so hard that they would literally loop over the bar they were hanging from.

I honestly generally prefer Sig's to HK's but this is a really fun pistol.  Would love to find one in 9mm ... but not if they go to close to $2k.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Was going to get the VP9 tac, then looked again and saw the 45 Elite for under 1K.  Hard decision, but since neither has the optic cut I went 45.

$996.50 delivered from CDNN.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Yep, scammers, shit parts, and also watch that CC you used, it will likely get stolen apparently.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#23]
First thoughts:

This thing is a monster!  I feel like im almost handling a Mark 23

Trigger is OK, not terrible.  I actually like the DA pull.  SA feels underwhelming.  Both the SA and DA feel 1/3 better than a frequently shot light LEM

The safety lever is a pain and in the way if everything.  All my other hks are light LEM so it will require some getting used to.  Fun to have the decocker though, feels like the olden days.

Its like a 6” .45 ACP revolver,  only made by HK and in semi auto!
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#24]
First thoughts:

Trigger is OK, not terrible.  I actually like the DA pull.  SA feels underwhelming.  Both the SA and DA feel 1/3 better than a frequently shot light LEM

The safety lever is a pain and in the way if everything.  All my other hks are light LEM so it will require some getting used to.  Fun to have the decocker though, feels like the olden days.

Its like a 6” .45 ACP revolver,  only made by HK and in semi auto!
View Quote

Getting rid of the ambi safety/decock may help. Also a gray guns trigger upgrade may help although if you break it in it may be enough.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice buy!  I just snagged a USP Tactical in .45acp. So far I love it!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#26]
The tactical is what I really wanted, just couldn't cough up the greenbacks.  They now cost as much as Mark 23's cost when I first got into guns!
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#27]
The tactical is what I really wanted, just couldn't cough up the greenbacks.  They now cost as much as Mark 23's cost when I first got into guns!
View Quote

I have $1380 for that one (new). Shop had a MK23 for $2400…snort. No thanks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Shot it today and i like it enough to shoot it again!  

Two failure to feed, one with blazer brass 230 grain and
One with Federal 230 gr HST, both towards the end of the mags and different mags (brand new).

I did clean the pistol but did not think to lube it or clean the mags since they were new, so there ya go.

Link Posted: 6/26/2023 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#29]
First thoughts:

It’s like a 6” .45 ACP revolver,  only made by HK and in semi auto!
View Quote

What side of the safety is in the way ? I’m right handed so I took off the right side safety lever .
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#30]
I’m going to shoot it again before I decide, could be me.  But I shoot left and right side and am right handed so I’m thinking its when im shooting lefty.

The mag release is very tiny.  I think the HK45c release works but do any others?  Its OOS right now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#31]

One with Federal 230 gr HST, both towards the end of the mags and different mags (brand new).

I did clean the pistol but did not think to lube it or clean the mags since they were new, so there ya go.

View Quote

They're built tight.  One of the Elite 45 I owned had a couple of FTF within the first 2-300 rounds, but then smoothed out.  Give it some range time and it'll be just as reliable as any other USP45 (that is to say probably the most reliable handgun ever made).
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Replaced the dinky magazine release with the hk45ct (?) one i got from HK webstore for like $7.

Pretty easy as described on here and MUCH better
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#33]
The HK45 paddle swap is a mandatory upgrade.  Those tiny USP paddles are hard to manipulate.

The HK website also sells adjustable night sights as a direct replacement if you plan on carrying your USP-Musket.  I changed out the sights on my Experts and Elites to factory adjustable NS because I actually CCW them.

Yah, I know, but just yesterday I was carrying my USP45 Expert and thinking .... this gun is huge but carries exceedingly well!
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:

They're built tight.  One of the Elite 45 I owned had a couple of FTF within the first 2-300 rounds, but then smoothed out.  Give it some range time and it'll be just as reliable as any other USP45 (that is to say probably the most reliable handgun ever made).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yep.  HK hand fits the slide and barrel on the Elite.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

My USP Tac doesn't like it when the barrel's O-ring is completely dry.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Ill try that, I bet if I look at the lube order in the manual I'd have known better!
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Shoot. I might have to get an elite now.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#38]
It’s a shame HK never made a magwell and larger mags like they did for the 9/40’s.

I have a USP45 and 45Tac. A 14 or 15rd with a magwell would be magical in this gun.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:41:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#39]
Voodoo magic!

With their magazine price and popularity youd think there would be an aftermarket.

Even a baseplate and spring conversion to get a couple extra rounds
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Voodoo magic!

With their magazine price and popularity youd think there would be an aftermarket.

Even a baseplate and spring conversion to get a couple extra rounds
View Quote

Baseplate conversion/extensions do exist to add a couple or another 10 rounds. Promag (yeah I know) made an extended magazine too. The scary thing is the promag is actually pretty nice for fit and finish. Key measurements are nearly identical to the oem magazine. I have one I was given. I need to go actually try It out at the range. It’s been sitting loaded for about a year in my magazine bin.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a bunch of pro mags for my USC and they have been good so far.

They have a bad rep but im sure they contract out a bunch of stuff now or have made improvements.  Id try one if i can find one
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh, and in spite of the hand fitting they're just as reliable as any other HK USP45.
View Quote

Truth.  I don't know why but I was shooting my 45 Expert one day in a sand pit on state land and I just decided to torture test some of the guns I brought.  Had the 45 Expert, Beretta M9A3, Galil ACE in 7.62x39, and a CZ Bren 2.

Put them in dirt and tested them, then threw them all in the sand pit if they didn't choke on the dirt.  M9A3 choked on the dirt so I eliminated it.  The Expert, Galil, and Bren both ate the dirt fine.  Threw them in the sand pit and the Bren had a couple failures to feed.  The Galil ACE ran flawlessly despite me throwing it in sand and covering the ejection port multiple times.  The Expert also functioned flawlessly and I drowned it in sand.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#43]
The HK45 paddle swap is a mandatory upgrade.  Those tiny USP paddles are hard to manipulate.

The HK website also sells adjustable night sights as a direct replacement if you plan on carrying your USP-Musket.  I changed out the sights on my Experts and Elites to factory adjustable NS because I actually CCW them.

Yah, I know, but just yesterday I was carrying my USP45 Expert and thinking .... this gun is huge but carries exceedingly well!
View Quote

Curious as to your carry holster.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top