Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2020 1:10:18 PM EDT
I came across the newer HK Parts enhanced magazine release for P30 line pistols last night. Appears to be wider and is advertised as helping to drop mags without adjusting your grip. It’s made of aluminum and can be had in a few different colors.

Anyone have experience yet with one of these? It looks good...if it were $10-$20 cheaper I’d probably try one but with the $50 price tag, I was hoping to hear sone experience first.

HKParts enhanced magazine release

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't really see the point, especially on the P30 which already has a pretty nice paddle. I'd think there'd be a better market for one on the USP line.

That being said, some folks just like to customize for the sake of customization and I certainly can't fault that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't really see the point, especially on the P30 which already has a pretty nice paddle. I'd think there'd be a better market for one on the USP line.

That being said, some folks just like to customize for the sake of customization and I certainly can't fault that.
View Quote
I agree with your first point. I’ve never really had too much of an issue with the paddles as they are. I can also see though  how they might be slightly faster to find if they weren’t so well contoured in with the trigger guard.

Ultimately I don’t think this is an upgrade I’m very interested in...especially at this price. If I were to hear a glowing review of it in the future, I’m might change my tune.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:45:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I got 1 on my vp9 a while back. I like it but my only gripe is i wish they contoured it to the frame like the factory 1.

Besides that, it did interfere with my holster alittle.  If I had a loaded mag and forced the gun into the holster, mag would pop out.  But 1/2-3/4 of a turn on the adjustment screws of the holster fixed that issue.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
The stock release is good enough, especially with a lot of practice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#5]
If it ain't broke.........
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The stock release is good enough, especially with a lot of practice.
View Quote
This.

Now if we were talking replacing the smaller paddle found on older models, like the P2000, then that makes sense.... Provided you're using the OEM HK45 paddle for your upgrade.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I actually kind of like it. The stock release seems to rub against my finger after a while, which is quite uncomfortable, as it rides higher outside the trigger guard/area.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top