Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2020 6:03:21 PM EDT
Anyone try these?

I traded into a like new HK45 Tactical and 10 rounds is a bummer. These are out of stock, so I guess I'll have to wait, but has anyone tried them? Is there another source for a reliable extension or +3/4 mag?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Search HKProforums.com.  Someone on there may have reviewed them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the VP9 +5 extensions and they are top notch. I am very impressed with them. Solid metal construction. I think the HK45 would be the same quality.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 +5’s on order for my USP’s from HK parts as we speak.

I am hoping for success.

Imagine 17 rounds of +P .45.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had any issues with mine.  Coming up on a year with it although I only have one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#5]
$50 is more than a new mag for just 5 extra rounds when you can have 12 more for $36.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Do these come with an extended mag spring?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$50 is more than a new mag for just 5 extra rounds when you can have 12 more for $36.
View Quote

You can, and I have those too.

The first post that that I subscribed to on this site was one about a young serviceman that during a firefight needed to do a reload. He had to watch the tango shoot him; while he was fumbling with his self admitted sloppy mag change. That mag change cost him his ability to walk, forever.

It is a great thread on training that I suggest everyone read, and read again if you already have read if.

Anyway, I personally choose go take my fifty bucks and buy myself less mag changes.

You do you though. And I truly wish you the best.

I will use my favorite HK quote to sum up my thoughts on the expense. So here it goes.....

“The quality/capability remains long after the cost is forgotten.”

And btw the extended spring is included. Which helps offset some of the cost, and sets you up with a spare for a rebuild.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The first post that that I subscribed to on this site was one about a young serviceman that during a firefight needed to do a reload. He had to watch the tango shoot him; while he was fumbling with his self admitted sloppy mag change. That mag change cost him his ability to walk, forever.

It is a great thread on training that I suggest everyone read, and read again if you already have read if.

Anyway, I personally choose go take my fifty bucks and buy myself less mag changes.

I will use my favorite HK quote to sum up my thoughts on the expense. So here it goes.....

And btw the extended spring is included. Which helps offset some of the cost, and sets you up with a spare for a rebuild.
View Quote

So shitty training is your excuse to pay more for an extension than another mag???
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nicely put.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#11]
The one frustrating thing about the HK 45 is the 10 round capacity.

I wish someone, somewhere made a 12-13 round mag for it. But these will do.

I still need to score myself a USP45 some day, but this one fell in to my lap in a great trade, and I really like it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#12]
@cryo_tech

AAR.     So far so good on the +5 extensions for the USP .45 12 round magazines.

I have not yet been able to get more than 3 rounds extra capability. I was able to force a 4th round into the magazine, but I would have been uncomfortable relying on it to function properly.

The added size and weight make a large pistol more comfortable to use, but certainly not to carry for someone my size.

For me, for now, they will be used as spare magazines for carry and for the car.

I do like the color choices for identifying ammunition in a particular magazine.

I am still satisfied, so far, as I can’t put enough cycles on them just now with ammunition availability.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a few +3 billet aluminum extension plates from Solum Tool. They come with extended springs too. They are a great company that stands behind their product.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top