Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2021 10:09:04 PM EDT
I tried to find pink grip tape for my pink SCCY CPX-2 but it doesn't appear anyone makes it in that color.

I don't have any experience with skateboard tape so I'm hoping to get some advice here.  Is there a brand or type to look for or avoid?  Are there any tips or tricks to cutting and applying it?

Your advice is much appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered Talon Grip? They have black and green for the CPX-2.

https://talongungrips.com/gun-grips/pistol-grips/sccy/cpx-1-cpx-2/
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I saw that but I didn't really want to put the black tape over the pink grip.  Kind of defeats the purpose of getting that color.  I figure it'll be easier to find skateboard tape that matches the gun.  Not as easy as a precut pattern but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:21:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The two eBay links don't go to any tape but the Amazon one is a good choice, thank you.

Are there any tips to applying skateboard tape other than making making sure the surface of the gun is clean?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Skateboard tape isn't very flexible so it won't lay flat on curved surfaces. You could potentially make it work by making cuts along the gradient to help it lay flatter but that sounds complicated. I used skateboard tape on my CZ75 but only on the front and back straps where the grip is generally cylindrical. Using smaller segments of tape on different sections of the grip might work as well. The issue is larger pieces won't bend to lay flat.

For general application advice, I'd first use soap and water to clean the grip surface then wipe it down with rubbing alcohol and let dry.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Dawson Precision has bright pink grip tape.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Skateboard tape isn't very flexible so it won't lay flat on curved surfaces. You could potentially make it work by making cuts along the gradient to help it lay flatter but that sounds complicated. I used skateboard tape on my CZ75 but only on the front and back straps where the grip is generally cylindrical. Using smaller segments of tape on different sections of the grip might work as well. The issue is larger pieces won't bend to lay flat.

For general application advice, I'd first use soap and water to clean the grip surface then wipe it down with rubbing alcohol and let dry.
View Quote

Thank you, that helps.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dawson Precision has bright pink grip tape.
View Quote

I looked at their site before posting and completely missed that, so thank you!  I'm guessing it'll be more flexible than the skateboard tape.  Looks to be a good match for my gun color too.  Much thanks!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Pink tape - https://www.tactics.com/fkd/colored-skateboard-grip-tape

Talon Grips, you can use a set to lay over your tape to trace out a perfect fit for you gun - https://talongungrips.com/gun-grips/pistol-grips/sccy/cpx-1-cpx-2/

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#10]
When installing skateboard tape I warm the area with a hair dryer after cleaning with alcohol.

Once the tape is applied I use rubber bands over night.

Results have been good.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Big fan of skateboard tape.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top