Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2022 10:01:58 PM EDT
Hey all, I just picked up a METE SFT.
1) Does anyone have a good technique for swapping the holster to be IWB? The screws just seem to spin.

2) Should I utilize any special break-in procedure? If so, what is the process?

Your answers are appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two. The long slide and the short. Cannot speak to the holster as I don’t use it.

I am a 1911 guy and after playing with them a bit and putting a red dot on long slide one they now both are used by son.

Did nothing as far as break in. Just shoot the he k out of them. Never a stoppage. Best striker gun I have ever shot. Easiest ever to trigger work to. The fps has three flats on it which contributes to the double “walls”. It doesnt rotate like a Glock so radius to suit your needs. Put in a G17 firing pin stop spring and a G17 striker spring.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#2]
This is my second pistol, but I can feel the difference in the trigger. I'm excited to start shooting.

What benefit does swapping the springs out have?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:26:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I had to use my lineman pliers/vice on the bolt sleeve to prevent them from spinning.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sonicsdaman:
I had to use my lineman pliers/vice on the bolt sleeve to prevent them from spinning.
View Quote

The plyers got me set, thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#5]
For the holster screw removal I use the largest allen that fits in the barrel nut. Tilt the allen and it will keep the nut from spinning. Won’t tear up the nut and takes seconds.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Lc17smp:
For the holster screw removal I use the largest allen that fits in the barrel nut. Tilt the allen and it will keep the nut from spinning. Won’t tear up the nut and takes seconds.
View Quote

The pliers idea previously worked, but your Allen idea probably would work easier. Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CreativeBall:
This is my second pistol, but I can feel the difference in the trigger. I'm excited to start shooting.

What benefit does swapping the springs out have?
View Quote

Depends on what trigger pull you want. Mine on the long slide 2# 10 oz
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
The holster that comes with it is extremely average, so start by getting a better one.  

You're a new pistol shooter, so don't mess with the springs.

Buy ammo and spare mags and shoot it.  Take a basic pistol class, then another one.

Shoot it more.

If you get a red dot for it, the holosun 507k is the only one worth considering.  

I like mine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By drew5337:
The holster that comes with it is extremely average, so start by getting a better one.  

You're a new pistol shooter, so don't mess with the springs.

Buy ammo and spare mags and shoot it.  Take a basic pistol class, then another one.

Shoot it more.

If you get a red dot for it, the holosun 507k is the only one worth considering.  

I like mine.
View Quote

I've been out every weekend shooting at the range. And I've been shooting for a couple years now. I had a M&P Shield 40 as my first gun, before the Canik.

I ended up getting a Sig Romeo Zero for a RDS- it actually arrived yesterday. Fits well, and for $100, it's worth playing with it to see if I even like shooting with a red dot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top