Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2021 8:49:15 PM EDT
Gone  Free

Mother of Pearl on Teak 1911 style grips.  I hate to throw them in the trash but they don’t fit anything I know of.  YMMV

Short story…  25 years ago I bought a set of plastic grips for my Combat Commander from a gun show dealer.  I sent them to my good friend that lives in Thailand and asked him to make me a pair of dragon & phoenix grips.  He had some convict in a prison make them and after a few months I got them back.  Beautiful grips, except they didn’t fit the commander, or any other 1911 style I could find for comparison.  I didn’t get the plastic grips back so there’s no telling what – if any – pistol they will fit or can be modified for.

I’m posting this in the Handguns tech forum and not GD since I figure that someone here will actually be able to do something with them.

I’ll pay the postage.  First I’ll take it and an IM with name and address gets them.  CONUS only.  Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I will take them sir
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
In the mail tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe they fit a Llama 1911???

I had a Llama .45 50 years ago and I remember the magazines are not interchangeable but don't recall if the grips are............
oh,well.........
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Grips are beautiful
I have tried em on Kimber commander
Colt commander
Springfield armory,  waiting on a buddy to bring an officers model  SA

I am gonna try some more guns, I will make them work. To cool looking to throw away

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top