Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2024 12:50:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bimmertech87]
I’m looking at ditching my 365 and going to a macro, been thinking of making the switch for a while now and finally decided to commit. I’m leaning towards the legion comp but wondering what’s everyone’s opinion. It has all the features I’m after but seems a bit heavy especially adding an optic, loaded and reload for carry. Maybe it’s because I’m coming from a standard 365 and 938 though.

Any down sides to going with a comp model? I wish it was a comp’d barrel but is what it is, with the aluminum frame of the legion I’ve seen they heat up quick but I dont plan on doing any long strings of shooting.

What’s the preferred optic for a macro, I’m still hesitant of sig and holosun optics and prefer trijicon ect but seems like those options are lacking especially for the footprint.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
For me, I am sold on the comp models. I have fired a Macro Comp  at my local range and the standard Macro and the comp does make a difference in recoil/muzzle flip. If you want the Legion or similar model, that is up to you. I like the Spectre Comp, as it has the best of both worlds-smaller grip module, so it is easier to conceal and has the comp. I will be getting one some time this year.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my Macro TACOPS but I have not shot the Legion. I’m dreaming of a size large tungsten infused Macro grip.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:31:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#3]
Arcom fashion...
Get both.  

The Legion is 4 oz. heavier and several hundreds more over a standard XMacro comp with an MRDS.  In my opinion, not worth it (If it was my coin).  Had a chance to play with one this past weekend.  Doesn't do anything better than the XMacro comp or Tacops.  Unless you gotta have the Legion hype/fan club.    
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOE:
Arcom fashion...
Get both.  
https://i.imgur.com/khq6c4P.jpg
View Quote

I don’t see a Legion. Get all three.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Comp is the way to go. I haven’t shot the legion yet but a friends who has one loves it. Only downside is it’s heavier so not as comfortable as a EDC.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bimmertech87] [#6]
Thanks for all the opinions. Sounds like the comp is the way to go so that settles that part. Now to just decide what model macro comp. I’ll go handle them again. Hopefully everything is still in stock. Right now the only down side I see to the legion is the weight but it doesn’t seem that crazy high comparing them on paper. We’ll see how they feel in hand and go from there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The Legion is going to have the AXG aluminium frame with the slide comp, the Macro Comp is the polymer frame and comp, and the alternative if you do not want the comp but want more mags is the TacOps that comes with extra magazines.  They are all nice the biggest advantage comes from the grip length and the comp slide does reduce muzzle rise a bit somewhere between a barrel with attached comp and no comp.  It is really hard to say exactly how much the comp slide aids.  I think it does ok but it definitely is not as good as a barrel attached comp.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:31:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By EdgecrusherXES:
The Legion is going to have the AXG aluminium frame with the slide comp, the Macro Comp is the polymer frame and comp, and the alternative if you do not want the comp but want more mags is the TacOps that comes with extra magazines.  They are all nice the biggest advantage comes from the grip length and the comp slide does reduce muzzle rise a bit somewhere between a barrel with attached comp and no comp.  It is really hard to say exactly how much the comp slide aids.  I think it does ok but it definitely is not as good as a barrel attached comp.
View Quote

Wholeheartedly agree - the comp does justtttt enough to justify having it.  In terms of reducing recoil, I can't even say it's noticeable enough because the size of the grip provides better purchase.  However where I think I like it is that it feels the slide returns to battery quicker.  If there was an option of the macro frame with one of the PMM comp'd 365 slides I would like to give that a try.

Swapped off the 365xl to the macro comp last year after realizing that while the XL conceals well, I needed some more gun/grip.  The macro has been just that, regardless of the comp.  Still light, thin, very concealable, and reliable (nick name is deep throat since it fires the jankiest of handloads that jam everything else up).  Took it out to a uspsa match to see how it would do, and it got named "the worst open gun ever made".  However, still placed respectfully but I understand its shortcomings.  Compared to my normal match gun, it's awful shooting at further targets but for the close hoser stuff it still rips off respectable splits.  My goal was to shoot 75-80% of my normal placement, and if not for an unfortunate mag malfunction at the last stage I was quite happy with how the gun performs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:19:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bimmertech87] [#9]
Ended up grabbing a like new macro tacops from a regular at the lgs for $650. I decided against the comp’d models but might look into getting my slide ported and pick up a barrel without the lci down the road along with a mischief machine grip module. After looking at lots of reviews I ordered a holosun eps carry 2 moa green reticle and waiting for it to be delivered. I’m trying to decide if I want to pick up a tlr 7 sub or go without a light. I typically don’t run a light on my carry but considering it with this gun. After I decide on the light I’ll get a holster ordered, currently looking at tier 1 but open to other suggestions.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I really like my Comp. I initially bought it because at the time it was the only version available. I didn’t really think the comp would add anything but shooting it side by side with my XL, the comp made a noticeable impact in terms of felt recoil and muzzle rise. I ended up selling off my XL and keeping the Macro Comp.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#11]
The 365 Legion AXG shoots much faster than the polymer comped Macro.  It’s a faster recoil and the dot just returns to target much faster for me.

As for optics, I don’t know why you’re hesitant about Holosun optics. They’ve been more than riven over the last several years.

I switched from RMR’s to holosun 508T’s a couple years ago.  The 507k is great for the shocked sized footprints.  Having said that, I recently switched to the Romeo X optics.  They are fantastic!
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I’m just hesitant to change especially on a carry optic. I just still feel like holosun is cheap garbage compared to company’s like trijicon and aimpoint, but hopefully with owning one my opinion will change.

I ended up falling into a nib mischief machine grip module yesterday so I have that on the way now as well. I might still end up with a legion down the road depending on how much I like the macro platform.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Holosun has been around long enough and tested by enough people with torture tests as well as EDC with longevity I wouldn’t be concerned about any of the main optics.
Some of the newer ones that haven’t been out too long I wouldn’t use for EDC.

People trust Trijicon because they are more of a “made in America” product but comes with a significantly higher cost, pain in the ass battery changes and arguably same quality. I say this as someone with 5 RMR’s and 4 Holosuns.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Yea after doing a lot of reading and taking to several people it seems like holosun is starting to lead the pack. I havnt read very many bad things about them. One of my biggest determining factors was needing an adapter plate for the rmr verses the direct bolt on for the holosun.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 6:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#15]
I have and carry a p365 with xl mag and eps carry mrs and a x-macro with 507k and tlr7a.  
I may transition to the P365 x-macro as my EDC but I havent picked up a holster yet.   I am not sure I want to use the tlr7a on it so I havent bought a holster.

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 5:33:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I hate that Holosun is a Chinese company with direct ties to the PLA in that they develop various optical systems for them so our dollars are literally going into funding and outfitting an enemy that will will probably see on the battlefield in the next 10 years. However, Holosun is the only optic manufacture that is really innovating in the space right now. Trijicon, Eotech, and Aimpoint are all selling repackaged versions of the same product they have been selling for decades now. My EPS Carry on my P365 has been outstanding. It has held up to thousands of rounds and almost daily carry. The SCS on my Glock 19 has likewise been outstanding. I fully trust them at this point. I still make Holosun my last choice because I don’t want to give them money but in the micro red dot space, nobody is making a better product right now. The RMRcc is okay but being on a concealed firearm it gets covered in lint very quickly. Almost daily I was having to hit it with some canned air to keep the emitter clean and prevent bloom. This isn’t a problem with my closed emitter EPS carry.

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I sold my 365 XL but after looking into the Macro I am revisiting getting one
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:34:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bimmertech87] [#18]
Just to give an update I received my mischief machine grip module and holosun eps carry, installed both this morning and zeroed the sight. Put maybe 50 rounds through it between some family stuff and really love it! Glad I made the switch with no regrets at this point. I’ll try to get some decent pictures soon, currently looking at holsters and need to get a trl-7 ordered. I’m not a huge fan of changing so many parts on a edc but am considering  swapping the barrel to something without a lci. May go with a true precision tin coated barrel?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bimmertech87:
Just to give an update I received my mischief machine grip module and holosun eps carry, installed both this morning and zeroed the sight. Put maybe 50 rounds through it between some family stuff and really love it! Glad I made the switch with no regrets at this point. I’ll try yo get some decent pictures soon, currently looking at holsters and need to get a trl-7 ordered. I’m not a huge fan of changing so many parts on a edc but am considering  swapping the barrel to something without a lci. May go with a true precision tin coated barrel?
View Quote

Yeah with an Optic a non-lci barrel is preferred. Steer clear of the ZF barrels. They are all over the place spec wise. I went though four non-lci barrels before I finally said screw it and gave up. Their customer service is good but I’m not sure what is going on with their QC. Right now I am using the stock P365 barrels but I’m thinking about picking up a Norsso 365. I have a Norsso slide and bull barrel set up that is very accurate.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:27:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bimmertech87] [#20]
I’ll also add that I’m very happy with the holosun so far, the 2 moa green dot seems to be working well as far as the reticle choice.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:07:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#21]
^^^^Looks nice. Any issue with specific holster fit?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By bimmertech87:
I’ll also add that I’m very happy with the holosun so far, the 2 moa green dot seems to be working well as far as the reticle choice.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/272685/IMG_7576_jpeg-3142477.JPG
View Quote

What frame is that? @bimmertech87
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sunnybean:

I don’t see a Legion. Get all three.
View Quote

A threesome
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#24]
The grip module is a mischief machine commander 365 macro. As far as the question on holsters goes, they do require a specific holster, there is a list of company’s on the mischief machine web page who support them. I ordered a holster from Superstition Concealment (previously shapeshifter) but still waiting for it to come in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top