Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2024 4:45:58 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with these?

In my mind, I am buying some thing that was a lemon and it was so bad, it needed to be rebuilt in the factory. Am I wrong in my thinking? What would be some reasons that a Glock would need to be rebuilt?

Am I better off getting a police trade in?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of the rebuilds are police unissued trade-in guns that Glock goes through and replaces the trigger group and springs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no reason to doubt you, and I’m not trying to be difficult, but if its unissued, what would be the reason to replace anything?  Is it a workaround for selling an unfired gun at a slight premium over a simply unissued gun?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
While it took a few years and two armorers schools I would not hesitate to buy a used Glock of any kind that has not had the frame modded.  They will warranty everything but frame modification and will replace the frame for a small fee.  

The factory rebuild is just an in house armorer confirming it meets specs.    Go for it.   OR chance a trade in and you might be out shipping it to Glock at some point.    

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By X-CaptHook:
I have no reason to doubt you, and I’m not trying to be difficult, but if its unissued, what would be the reason to replace anything?  Is it a workaround for selling an unfired gun at a slight premium over a simply unissued gun?
View Quote

No worries. They do it for liability reasons. Just in case the guns were modified either officially by the department armorer or unofficially by an officer. They won't sell an unknown condition firearm.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Long ago when Glock was new on the US market it was their practice that any gun returned to them for any reason got all springs replaced.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:08:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: naes] [#6]
They also do contract overruns as orange label.
I’ve been told that they get sent back to Glock and in order for them to sell them they need to be inspected.  That inspection makes them a rebuild.  

There recently were a pile of G19M and G17M that were factory rebuilds.  

I have purchased several orange label factory rebuilds over the years and all of them were brand new in my eyes.  I never found a single flaw in them and they all ran 100% as expected.  

I would buy with confidence.  Especially considering they usually come with a solid discount over the standard red label.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Never and always don't seem to fit from everything I have read on glock factory rebuilt guns.

I've also seen it mentioned before that they can be guns that didn't sell at a vendor show or something like that. But the box was opened/unsealed so...

I've only bought 1 factory rebuilt glock.

Attachment Attached File

It looked to have only a few handling marks on it, maybe from a display rack. Otherwise I would call it brand new and depending on where you buy from an awesome deal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Just bought a 45. Shoots great. Side by side shooting comparison to my gen 3 19 it’s a far far better gun. Plus it came with night sites and 3 mags total.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Where are you guys buying the orange label guns ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By nomad221:
View Quote

It won’t help in Oregon but I always see several at the DFW gun shows.  
There are also several local shops who get them in semi regularly.  

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Any I ever bought were like new , looked mint like a new gun , they get over runs , or unissued guns back check them out and then get sold ,
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By naes:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By naes:

Got ours from Past and Blast in Whitesboro. They had several models. MOS, non MOS, a gen 3 19. Had a gen 5 17 that was from F&W or something like that. Had the badge printed on the slide.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Mine came from AIMS.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By txstinkbug:

Got ours from Past and Blast in Whitesboro. They had several models. MOS, non MOS, a gen 3 19. Had a gen 5 17 that was from F&W or something like that. Had the badge printed on the slide.
View Quote

I used to buy from them when they used to do the DFW shows.  They always had good deals.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the replies. I guess when I see the word rebuilt I’m thinking about transmissions that have grenaded. Maybe in my mind factory inspected would be more accurate. AIM Surplus has some factory rebuilt Glocks that I was considering because I do love the Gen 4. But I think for the price, I might just pick up a blue label Gen 5.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I got an orange label 17.5 mos police tradein

Near new condition and is 100% with limited rounds put through it so far
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top