Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2024 10:03:07 PM EDT
I have a glock 48 mos and would like to get opinions on
 options for rds, night sights and weapon light.  I have some  truglo night sights but they interfer with the rds and adapter  plate option that I have on hand.

I can currently use stock glock sights and a holosun 407k x2 but it feels lacking without dedicated night sights.  Any sight recommendations to pass along or am I overthinking things here?

What direct mount option for a rds would you recommend?I'm not totally against using an adapter plate but it is one       more part than can come loose and cause issues.  

The tlr7 seems to be the most popular option with the most   readily available holster options.   Are there other lights that    you would suggest I look at?  

Thanks for the help!  

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe in optic=no night sights.  I only want one thing glowing at me.

TLR7-SUB or nothing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpankMonkey] [#2]
I run 17/19 night sights (bright orange front and white front) TruGlu on my 43x and 48. Optics break and flashlights quit. If it's night I would like to be able to find my front site. They sit in the lower 3rd of my window.

I direct mount my optics. Holosun 407k and EPS carry. EPS Carry comes with a plate. No grinding needed. I grind down the rear posts and shorten the front for direct mount. Make sure and check your extractor for clearance. The optic screw (on the right side) may be too long and bind it up.

Only other decent light besides the TLR 7-sub is the NightStick. I forgot the model number. GSM/TCM maybe, something like that.

TLR7-sub is what I use. Nice little lite. I also run PSA 15rd mags now. Heres a couple older pics.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input and the pics.  Looks like I'll definitely go with the TLR 7subfor the light.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#4]
TLR-7 Sub is a must. Perfect option for the 48MOS.

As far as RDS, I have tried three.
First was a Vortex Defender CCW. I liked this sight, but the refresh rate is shit. During rapid fire, the dot isn't a streak, instead, it's like a dot graph. Others may look past that, but I couldn't. I'd still be using it if it wasn't for that single issue.
Second was a Holosun EPS Carry MRS. I didn't like that a conversion plate was required and you had to buy third-party screws to get it to fit. With the needed plate, half the irons were covered up. When I went to go sight it in, my reticle started way low and left. When I got it close to being on, the reticle became distorted and squished. Maybe I got a lemon, but I didn't like it and returned it.
The third one is the one I just got and sighted in, the Sig RomeoX Compact. Right out of the box it mounted easily with supplied screws, the reticle was very close to the irons, and sighted in easily at the range. The controls are easy to manipulate. The multiple reticles is interesting, but I find I'm just used to the plain dot. The side-mounted battery is a great feature. The reticle is a lot sharper than the Holosun. Irons are easily used, with no need of suppressor height sights. Even OEM sights would still work.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:12:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartan24] [#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
FWIW, I opted for a Holosun 507k, DPP plate, Night Fision irons and TLR-7 Sub WML. Works for me anyway..

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:
FWIW, I opted for a Holosun 507k, DPP plate, Night Fision irons and TLR-7 Sub WML. Works for me anyway..

https://media.fotki.com/2v2e7hHFJx9T3R.jpg

https://media.fotki.com/2v2e7hHdEx9T3R.jpg
View Quote

Very nice, I really like the stippling on the frame.  Looks like  you have some other work done as well.  Care to share more  details?
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 2:24:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#9]
Originally Posted By black91stang: Very nice, I really like the stippling on the frame.  Looks like  you have some other work done as well.  Care to share more  details?
View Quote

Thanks brother. The rundown..

Frame Stipple by CNS Engraving
Tyrant CNC Magwell
dbltap22 grip mod
Zaffiri threaded barrel (have both SS & Nitride) Yeah, I'm a freak'n nut
Griffin Mini Comp
Centennial Defense SS 17lb recoil setup
Holosun 507k green dot
DPP Titanium plate
Night Fision Tritium Irons w/orange ring front
Overwatch DAT trigger with NP3 bar
Vickers Tango Down slide release
Vickers Tango Down slide racker backplate
NDZ SS pin set
Cross Armory SS extended slide lock
Streamlight TLR-7 Sub WML

Stock pull weight, I've yet to measure it. I've only got ~120 rounds downrange with it, so I'll wait til it's broke in before measuring. I don't go out much these days, and don't trust it with the low round count (just me, I'd like to have 500 through it before I carry it.) Just me.. hope to get some more down the pipe soon.

It's a great shooter, not like my G19.5 MOS but not bad for what it is.

Edit: also (can't remember who) IWB Kydex holster. Fit's like a glove.. Yes, I'm a Lefty

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 3:37:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAR0023] [#10]
G48MOS
G42 trigger shoe with smooth face and the dingus sanded to match the trigger profile.
Holosun 507K
10-8 sights
10-8 disconnector - but to be honest not a lot of change here.
TLR7sub - do yourself a favor and scrounge up a set of the low profile buttons to give yourself needed trigger guard room.
PSA micro dagger mags
147g HSTs
Tenicor Sagax Lux - first time I've ever liked or recommended an AIWB holster.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:

Edit: also (can't remember who) IWB Kydex holster. Fit's like a glove.. Yes, I'm a Lefty

https://media.fotki.com/2v2e7hHyHx9T3R.jpg

https://media.fotki.com/2v2e7hHqux9T3R.jpg
View Quote

Vedder?  

Just a guess, I had one for an H&K VP9 and the belt clip mechanism looked just like it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DavidY: Vedder?
View Quote

That's the one!  

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Night Fision Optic height night sights, Holosun 507K and TLR7 Sub for me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#14]
What 48 mos options for us that want a direct mount. No plate???
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
What 48 mos options for us that want a direct mount. No plate???
View Quote

An RMSc Shield.

But why limit yourself? Buy a quality plate, hardware, and install correctly to torque and you will have more options of dots. Shoot, many of us have found that the Holosun OEM plate included with the EPS Carry has been fine. I had to grind down their screws to fit but torqued them down with some blue Loctite and witness marked them. No issues yet after a few hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I hate the look of those tall optic height sights.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I don’t care for them either. Seems like something more to snag on clothing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
I hate the look of those tall optic height sights.
View Quote

I agree 110%.  Have a slide milled nice and deep with a low mount optic and stock sites. I don't need an optic sticking up in the air, it's not the 1990s running IPSC open
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JAR0023:

TLR7sub - do yourself a favor and scrounge up a set of the low profile buttons to give yourself needed trigger guard room.

View Quote
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1591472-REG/streamlight_69426_tailcap_assembly_tlr_7a_tlr_9.html

You have to push the pin out and swap the buttons but its pretty simple and only takes a few seconds
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Spydermonkey:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1591472-REG/streamlight_69426_tailcap_assembly_tlr_7a_tlr_9.html

You have to push the pin out and swap the buttons but its pretty simple and only takes a few seconds
View Quote

Thanks for the tip. By chance do you know if the actual 7A tailcap will bolt up to the 7 Sub?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Night Fision irons
Holosun EPS Carry
TLR7 sub

My 48 length 43X
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you all for posting and helping me to decide what direction to go with.  I've decided to keep the 407k for now but will be sending the slide off to have it milled for a direct fit.  I'm torn between Battle Werx and Jagerwerks.  Does anyone have any recommendations for one company over the other?

I'm also going to have the slide cerakoted in OD green while there if that matters any. Both companies seem reputable and cost is very similar for the services provided.  

Thanks again for all of the input!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:54:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spydermonkey] [#23]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:

Thanks for the tip. By chance do you know if the actual 7A tailcap will bolt up to the 7 Sub?
View Quote
It doesnt, the 7a is bigger, thats why you have to do a swap with the buttons
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Thomasc1169:
Night Fision Optic height night sights, EPS Carry and TLR7 Sub for me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Holosun 507K, Night Fision Optic Height night sights & TLR-7 Sub on my 43X "MOS" build I put together from an AIM Surplus G43 RMSC slide and Black Phoenix Customs G48 MOS frame. It is one of my favorite carry guns.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Why would he need to scrounge up a set when Streamlight includes them?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By black91stang:
Thank you all for posting and helping me to decide what direction to go with.  I've decided to keep the 407k for now but will be sending the slide off to have it milled for a direct fit.  I'm torn between Battle Werx and Jagerwerks.  Does anyone have any recommendations for one company over the other?

I'm also going to have the slide cerakoted in OD green while there if that matters any. Both companies seem reputable and cost is very similar for the services provided.  

Thanks again for all of the input!
View Quote

For this simple job I would go Battlewerx.  They are well priced, will do a great job, and turn it around faster than anyone else.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:

My TLR 7sub did not come with extra control switches.   Streamlight didn't always include the low switches and tool as they do now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top