Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2020 12:28:16 AM EDT
Tested out the wifes birthday present today a ADUH prefix Glock 44 for safety and reliability. Ammo used was first Federal Auto match 325 round bulk pack 40 grain then a 100 round box of cci mini mag 40 grain. Gun itself was very accurate and shot to point of aim right out of the box. I did pull a bore snake through with a touch of clp  about every 100 round or so. Gun was fully broken down and cleaned and lubed before the range session. I first fired all of the 325 round federal bulk. All mags dropped from slide stop.  I had one failure to fire. Good primer strike bad round. It did fire on a second hit on another place on the rim. I had one failure to eject. I had 6 magazine related failures. All failures were caused by low pointing rounds in magazine. I had 4 that went high and damaged bullet by going half into top area of chamber and outside of chamber. I had one that actually went flying after slide stop release and actually went 10 yards down range. I probably could of hit target if I pointed it higher. One failure to strip round from magazine the slide overrode it. It appears low pointing rounds will hit guide in mag and go high in gun. I found that if I loaded 9 rounds and pulled down load assist and sling shot the mag follower  it  would fix bullet angle problems. If I load 10 it is difficult to fix bullet angle problems as you don't have much room to sling shot follower. So you have to take extra time.  CCi minimags were very accurate and had no problems as I watched the mags during loading. So my take on it is glock has to fix the magazines. They should of not shipped mags that require extra care in loading. Most owners are plain not carefull and will have lots of problems with these. Please Glock get the mags fixed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the information.  I'll be putting the first rounds through mine over the weekend and report back. I  have various brands of ammo, mainly CCI.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The mag issues remind me of my S&W 15/22- carefully lower assist button just enough to get a single round in and repeat to mag capacity no problem. Get sloppy in loading mags or try to lower assist button and drop multiple rounds in at once and malfunction ensues.
I typically load all my 22’s one round at a time in the mag, not dumping multiple rounds in the mag with the assist button pulled down.
Every gun has its quirks so if a little extra care loading magazines is the answer I don’t see this as a big deal
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, and more so yes.

With Smith 15/22 mags, with AA .22 Kits, with any Ruger .22 pistol magazine or the 25 round 10/22 mags, with a Taurus TX22 mag, with Umarez’s Beretta branded .22 15 round mags, with Umarex’s Colt branded 12 round, the Smith MP22 mags, the SR22 mags,

IF you know what you are doing,

THEN you load them one at a time like Captain said AND use the loading tabs/buttons or the AA loader to do what I call bouncing the stack.  Pop the fully loaded mag stack down and let it back up half dozen times till you feel or see it align.  Suddenly the top round bullet end pops up properly and the stack moves freely.  Then they all work (better).

Same theory as you whallop any AR mag against the other hand to smack the primer ends against the rear wall or any pistol mag same thing.  Line them up and they run better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top