Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2021 4:38:06 PM EDT
I am hearing mixed information on if the glock 44 frame is the same as a Gen 5 19 frame.  Some say the actual plastic frame is the same (although different locking block) and some say it is not.  Does anyone have 1st hand experience?

I am backorder for a nelson 44x slide and I always have room for another 19 and don't have a gen 5 yet.  So thought is kill 2 birds with one stone.  Buy a second 44.  Use barrel, recoil and slide components in my Nelson.  Use what I can from the lower (not sure what all that is other then the trigger and mag release) to build our another 19.

Seems cost effective for $359 bucks.  A couple spare mags, etc.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both in the safe but have not compared them. Tag for answer
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#2]
They are exactly the same EXCEPT the locking block. . The other differences are the ejector and trigger bar.

Here are the differences:
  • The G44 locking block does not use the forward arms so the frame is not cutout for them
  • The ejector is different.
  • The shark fin on trigger bar is different.

The G44 ejector is shaped the same as the old Gen 3 9mm 336 ejectors, it is just a little thinner from top to bottom. This clearance is needed for the magazines to fit and lock in properly. Yes a 336 ejector can be used in a pinch.

The G44 has its own trigger bar and the shark fin is longer. But you can use a standard Gen 5 trigger bar in the G44 and it works fine. The G44 trigger bar may or may not cause issues with center fire slides due to the longer shark fin. I am actually running a Gen 5 Hyve Tech. Monarch trigger in my G44.

While the trigger housing are listed with different part numbers, they are they same (except ejector) between the G44 and Gen 5 G19.

Since the G44 locking block does not have the arms, you can not put a G19 clocking block into a G44 frame. The G44 locking block works fine in a G19 frame.  All that needs swapped out on the G19 frame to use a G44 slide is the locking block and ejector. You must use the G44 locking block with the G44 slide. The cross bar is lower and a different shape that the G19 locking block.

Now for frame parts that are the same:

1. Slide stop lever
  2. Magazine release and spring
  3. Slide lock spring
  4. Connector
  5. Trigger housing - make sure to use the correct ejector for the slide/caliber you are shooting.
Plenty of people have swapped their G44 locking block and ejectors into Gen 5 G19 and run the G44 slide just fine. While the slide lock is listed as different part numbers, the Gen 5 G19 locking block does work with the G44 slide.

I'm actually working on a project to use a G44 slide on a Strike 80 80% frame. The only hold up right now is the front locking block rail that are used in the 80% frames. You can easily modify the Strike 80 frame to use Gen 5 slide (with Gen 3 recoil spring assembly). And before you ask why bother with this type of mod. I like the grip on the Strike 80 plus if Nelson Precision gets the bugs worked out of their G44 RMR cut slides, we will have other options.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#3]
(delete)
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
And here is the difference in the trigger bars.

Attachment Attached File

And the 336 Gen 3 ejector vs the G44 ejector

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  I guess that makes it a no go.

I guess the only thing one can do, if you an addict, is to buy 2 gen 5 19 frames instead.  Build one for my Nelson slide and then I will have 2 44's and one into a 19.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.  I guess that makes it a no go.

I guess the only thing one can do, if you an addict, is to buy 2 gen 5 19 frames instead.  Build one for my Nelson slide and then I will have 2 44's and one into a 19.
View Quote

Or mod the hell out of a 80% Strike 80 frame.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top